Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs staunch Killie 06/03/21
Even more must win than the last game, facing a Killie team who finally picked up a point in a game after a woeful run of form. We've gone good result, bad, good, bad- so hoping this is the good side spinning back on.

Hylton and Shaw must start, we need their pace. I'd consider dropping Midge to the bench, looked a bit leggy at times vs St. Mirren.

Huge game , really hope hughes gets his team right
I’d drop andreu and gardyne probably tremarco too

Laidlaw
Naismith
Morris
Watson
Hjelde
Lakin
Kelly
Spittal
Shaw
Hylton
White

(03-03-2021, 06:37 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Huge game , really hope hughes gets his team right
I’d drop andreu and gardyne probably tremarco too

Laidlaw
Naismith
Morris
Watson
Hjelde
Lakin
Kelly
Spittal
Shaw
Hylton
White

Is Morris fit?

If so, that looks about the same team I'd like to see put out. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing Kelly on the bench either, but sure JH will start him.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(03-05-2021, 02:01 PM)central staggie Wrote: Is Morris fit?

If so, that looks about the same team I'd like to see put out. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing Kelly on the bench either, but sure JH will start him.
No, he's going to be on RCTV tomorrow ahead of kick-off

(03-05-2021, 02:01 PM)central staggie Wrote: Is Morris fit?

like you i think Kelly should be on the bench personally i would replace him Paton his work rate is second to none when he is given the chance and links well with shaw there pace will cause all sorts of problems for the Killie defence

LINE-UPS from Global Energy Stadium
Ross County v Kilmarnock (15:00)

Ross County: Laidlaw, Naismith, Watson, Donaldson, Tremarco, Iacovitti, Lakin, Spittal, Tillson, McKay, White
Substitutes: Hjelde, Draper, Gardyne, Shaw, Hylton, Charles-Cook, Kelly, Paton, Hilton

Kilmarnock: Doyle, Millen, Broadfoot, Medley, Haunstrup, Power, Dicker, McKenzie, Pinnock, Kiltie, Lafferty
Substitutes: Rogers, McGowan, Waters, Ibsen Rossie, Dabo, Tshibola, Burke, Kabamba, Whitehall

Pretty underwhelming lineup, hoping for the best though  Confused

Not surprised by the 532 but maybe would have thought Hjelde would have had more legs than Tremarco. Donaldson did ok last week so deserves his call up.

Midfield - perm any 3 from about 8 ! But Larkin, Spittal and Tillson give a bit of bite, which will be needed.

Like having two up front and I think Mackay just squeaks it over Shaw for picking up on White’s knock downs.

Strong bench allows practically any change of formation you could think of. No doubt there will be some substitutes at some stage ........

Excited and raring to go - I hope the players are as up for it as all the RCFC support!

Spittal's always a goal threat so i am glad he's starting.

Hughes evidently a believer in the Van Gaal Principle with that lineup
Tremarco at LWB shouldn't be all that much of a concern- if the overlapping runs of Ross Millen are a concern, then we're in much bigger trouble than any of us thought
Andreu bombed out of the XX is most welcome
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Eh!
Bit of shambles there.
No other words to describe, simple, play to the whistle.

That’s twice Kilmarnock have dived in the box!
And now a yellow card for elbowing, that could have been red.
County need to score goals.

Ah!
Finally dissed it out.
Good low hard drive into the box, Mackay onto it bang.
Well done lads.
Same again please.
Kilmarnock we’re dealing with the high ball into the box easily.

3-1 get in

Pleasing ?

(03-06-2021, 05:21 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: 3-1 get in

3-2

Three points is the most important thing.
Did well to recover and eventually hold on, had a sneaky feeling at 3-1, we needed another goal.
Some of the simple, basics we are still not grasping.
You could hear John Hughes shouting the obvious to some of them.
Hughes got the changes spot on, at the right time, pity Patons cross to Shaw did not produce a goal.
Kilmarnock! A lot of gamesmanship there.

Interesting to see Kelly was County’s man of the match with 9:32 on the BBC scorecard.

??

He must have a big family ......

Question! Tongue in cheek.
Tongue

Are Ross County TV still doing film in a can?
Sending someone up to the top of Mitchell Hill for transmission.

I was on the edge of the seat, as we were clinging on for the three points, checking the clock etc.
Viewing on my IPad, and TV switched on.
Sky Sports announces we beat Kilmarnock 3-2.

That was a much needed three points and a second win from behind this season, if my memory serves.
A really battling performance to dig in for the first and last quarters but some performances.

Trademark King Billy! Well done to Hughes and the team.

Brilliant result , a phenomenal forst 5 mins after half time good finishes from hjelde and McKay , down to a man the whole team was good

(03-06-2021, 06:37 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Interesting to see Kelly was County’s man of the match with 9:32 on the BBC scorecard.

??

He must have a big family ......
firstly well done to everyone today not the best performance this season but over all a good team performance the usual highs and lows edge of seat stuff as for man of the match Spittal all day long