Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs St. Mirren 27/07
After yet another surprising victory under Hughes against a team way above us in the league, we now go down to Paisley to play a St. Mirren team that's been pretty decent under Goodwin but is ravaged by injuries. One of the games this season so far we've lost, as our record against other bottom six teams isn't great.

I'd take a win here, just to keep the points ticking onto the board.

Best hope would be St. Mirren beat Motherwell tonight (as I see them as being safe, pretty much) before we get something against them on Saturday.

Best of luck today boys. Let's build on our last result. 
Mon the staggies.

Looking forward to the game and we must believe we have a chance of securing another 3 points.

Can’t second guess Yogi’s team selection - it’s like opening a lucky bag when it comes up ?

As long as everyone selected works as hard as the boys did last weekend we should have no concerns. Great to see the level of pressing all over the park, proves we can do it so no reason not to expect it every game from now on.

We got 3 points nobody expected on Sunday, I just hope we can now land the one’s we feel we have a chance of - starting this afternoon.

Oh and all caravans to be left in Paisley car park.......

(02-27-2021, 09:37 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Looking forward to the game and we must believe we have a chance of securing another 3 points.

Can’t second guess Yogi’s team selection - it’s like opening a lucky bag when it comes up ?

As long as everyone selected works as hard as the boys did last weekend we should have no concerns. Great to see the level of pressing all over the park, proves we can do it so no reason not to expect it every game from now on.

We got 3 points nobody expected on Sunday, I just hope we can now land the one’s we feel we have a chance of - starting this afternoon.

Oh and all caravans to be left in Paisley car park.......

Good post!
Quote! As long as everyone selected works as hard as the boys did last weekend.
This is the key, 100% effort from all, from kick off to final whistle, no ball watching, no dithering.
Leave the Caravan Puller out.
Just hope we can get all 3 points.
I was a fan of Marcus Fraser, however, gone off him after his wild celebrations, when he scored he was running around Victoria Park as if he won the World Cup.
Is he suspended for today’s game?
COYS

(02-27-2021, 11:37 AM)MOGO Wrote: Good post!
Quote! As long as everyone selected works as hard as the boys did last weekend.
This is the key, 100% effort from all, from kick off to final whistle, no ball watching, no dithering.
Leave the Caravan Puller out.
Just hope we can get all 3 points.
I was a fan of Marcus Fraser, however, gone off him after his wild celebrations, when he scored he was running around Victoria Park as if he won the World Cup.
Is he suspended for today’s game?
COYS
Hope not i am not a fan of his
when he first arrived in Vic Park he played really well was solid at the back and a willing runner going forward then for what ever reason lost his way jittery in defence unwilling to go forward and seemed unable to find anything but a negative pass i was not sorry to see him leave 
after his celebrations last time I hope he is playing today if we can get paton or shaw in his face i am sure he will revert to his dodgy back passes to the keeper 3 1 county do not think you will get 11 to 1 on that but worth a punt

since joining St Mirran his form has improved

Well the team very much as expected ( for a change!) and delighted to see Spittal and Gardyne starting. Yogi obviously feels Andrue poses more of a threat than Shaw and well as he says he sees them in training all week.

A really strong bench gives loads of options.

Caravan left in Jubilee Camp site, shame but a wake up call was definitely needed there.

(02-27-2021, 03:44 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Well the team very much as expected ( for a change!) and delighted to see Spittal and Gardyne starting. Yogi obviously feels Andrue poses more of a threat than Shaw and well as he says he sees them in training all week.

A really strong bench gives loads of options.

Caravan left in Jubilee Camp site, shame but a wake up call was definitely needed there.
we are lucky to go in at 0  0  mid field needs sorting now and not after 70 mins on clock plenty options still on the bench

I'm not angry, not seething, just resigned with how this season keeps going.

Outplayed first half but the changes at half time made a huge difference. Maybe didn’t do as much homework on how St Mirren play as we did with Celtic. However that switch in formation brought us right back into the game. Great management reaction.

Overall players in the main just slightly off the mark, defence and Laidlaw in particular were pretty sound but forward and midfield passing just off and once again poor in front of goal. Oh for a Boyce.....

If the penalty incident had been in the other box we would all have been bursting blood vessels claiming for it. Just sums up our season, ups and downs. Just wish we could get a few unwarranted breaks here and there .

Have absolutely no idea how we will line up next week - but let’s hope our homework is done properly before one of the most important games of the season.

Never a penalty! We were cheated. Totally incompetent refereeing. The result of that game was out of our hands.

(02-27-2021, 07:09 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Never a penalty! We were cheated. Totally incompetent refereeing. The result of that game was out of our hands.
Hardly out of our hands, we had some decent chances but failed to take any. Neither side did enough to win this one I felt, so I'm consoling myself that this was a single point lost rather than three. Good to see Hughes making those changes at half-time, which turned our performance around. He still has a long way to go in developing a side that can perform consistently and will probably not manage that before the end of the season, so fingers crossed Hamilton & Killie continue to be just as bad as us.
Hear Me Roar!

Don't think any of the 3 hooked at HT can have any complaints- Tremarco looks completely done (amazed even Lennon didn't think to exploit that last Sunday) and Andreu at best decorates games rather than dominate them, and has been completely anonymous most of his time here
White has to score with that header near the start of the 2nd half- if he applies any sort of finesse/direction to the header to take it away from Alnwick in the centre of the goal, he scored
Yes, the penalty is soft but can absolutely see why it's been given- I don't think it's the wrong decision to give it. Hjelde (has anyone ever moved from CB in a 4 to LWB in a 5 in the same game for us?) gets caught out on the wrong side- it's just a mixture of clumsiness and youthful exuberance, really
Difficult to feel too hard done by at not taking anything today considering how fortunate we were to win last Sunday
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

We deserved at least a point , the penalty was soft but probably the correct decision, hard to take but we move forward

(02-27-2021, 09:26 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: We deserved at least a point , the penalty was soft but probably the correct decision, hard to take but we move forward
Cant believe people believe the ref was justified in giving a penalty.
It was not a penalty in my opinion,the ref gave it  too quickly  before gauging reaction from players,or lino.
Thought Naismith was wiped out after we hit the bar first time.Jim Goodwin has been vocal about pens against his team for diving,now he just says,"we have had ones against us "
Fuming.

(02-28-2021, 01:12 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Cant believe people believe the ref was justified in giving a penalty.
It was not a penalty in my opinion,the ref gave it  too quickly  before gauging reaction from players,or lino.
Thought Naismith was wiped out after we hit the bar first time.Jim Goodwin has been vocal about pens against his team for diving,now he just says,"we have had ones against us "
Fuming.

Petrol fumes, or diesel fumes Tattie?
Cool your jets, that’s engine jets.
Sit down, cool down and pour yourself a large one.
Nope! Never a penalty, sadly that is the state of the modern game, far too many players falling over at the slightest touch , or no touch, as was evident in another SPL game, not sure he was booked.
Very difficult for referees to keep up with the devious players.
VAR, to solve it? you must be joking, they can’t even get that right.