Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Celtic
With results going our way yesterday it would be a bonus to get something from our games against Celtic and Hibs to make that results really count.
Celtic have had an upturn in results recently but I still think we have nothing to fear. Nobody will expect us to get anything, just like nobody expected us to beat them in the cup.

C'mon County.

(02-21-2021, 09:58 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: With results going our way yesterday it would be a bonus to get something from our games against Celtic and Hibs to make that results really count.
Celtic have had an upturn in results recently but I still think we have nothing to fear. Nobody will expect us to get anything, just like nobody expected us to beat them in the cup.

C'mon County.

Good post Jamie.
Glad to see there are signs of you coming round to John Hughes?
On a serious note, County require 100% concentration, in their faces from the first whistle to the last.
Anything from this game will do.
Just our luck they are starting to show some form.

Hoping for

Laidlaw
Naismith Watson Morris iacovitti tremarco
Kelly draper tillson
Shaw white Hylton

Any point(s) from this is a big bonus

Bad start with Bobby Madden having to be replaced. He’s not scared to give decisions against that lot!

Score first, then hold on for a battling draw. COYS

(02-21-2021, 12:52 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Hoping for

Laidlaw
Naismith Watson Morris iacovitti tremarco
Kelly draper tillson
Shaw white Hylton

Any point(s) from this is a big bonus

24 minutes.
We have to keep on our toes.
Please tell me, what was our defender thinking about there?
Luckily they never scored.
Just hope that stays as warning, NO risks.

(02-21-2021, 08:59 PM)PMOGO Wrote: 24 minutes.

Come in County, stay alert, Nick a goal and keep frustrating them.
There should be no let up on the Celtic full back, he is their weak link, keep at him, White is playing the game well there.
Brown has dropped deep to help cover there, so, miss him out, get in behind.
Couple of let offs there, again down to our indecision, against teams of Celtics calibre we just can’t afford indecision.
COYS

(02-21-2021, 08:59 PM)MOGO Wrote: 24 minutes.
well half time and we have had two good chances but am asking the same question as last week why is Kelly on the park he is to lightweight he must be brilliant at training but fails to show it in the game can only hope Draper starts the second half if we can get someone to bully there midfield we have a chance of stealing this game

C'mon. What a result. Well done Hughes. It wasn't pretty but the shape was excellent and the coaching he did this week earned us 3 points.
Well done Jordan White. Good game all-round and a fantastic header.

MOGO, I'll become a Yogi fan if he keeps us up...... definitely!

(02-21-2021, 10:28 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: C'mon. What a result. Well done Hughes. It wasn't pretty but the shape was excellent and the coaching he did this week earned us 3 points.
Well done Jordan White. Good game all-round and a fantastic header.

MOGO, I'll become a Yogi fan if he keeps us up...... definitely!

Jamie
Brilliant result.
Good all round effort, from most of the team, a couple still not on the correct wavelength.
Still too many switch offs, that Celtic corner was schoolboy stuff, apologies, I take that back, insult to schoolboys.
John Hughes got it spot on (Jamie)
Great effort from Jordan White, Tremarco good old head there, stuck to the task, Draper gave that bit of bite when he came on, and well done the keeper, kept us in the game.
And a final thanks to Mr William Hill for the very generous offer, 11 to 1 , thank you.

Great result , white , Lakin , laidlaw , tremarco, spittal all brilliant tonight long may it continue

From BBC

How very true!

Absolutely fantastic," Hughes tells BBC Sportsound. "We knew there would be long periods where we wouldn't have the ball but we defended for our lives. We rode our luck a little bit but the chances we gave up were mistakes of our own doing.
"Tactically we were spot on all night. We've been banging on about set-pieces for a while so it's really pleasing to get one from a free-kick.
"It's a massive win for us. My frustration is how are we doing it against the top teams, we've beaten Aberdeen and Celtic but not against the lower teams. We have to get that consistency going forward."

Oh! My previous post, I thanked William Hills.
As I toddle of for a toddy of Whyte & Mackay.
A special thanks to Ryan Christie (not) keep misfiring you ...........................

Never been a fan of White but he really did the business tonight.
Not had much time for Yogi either since our days at Falkirk but minus some personal guru he seems to have come back to earth and is doing the right things with the players he has. Some good recruitment nad particularly giving Paton a much more responsible role.
Anyone for chips with the humble pie tonight?

(02-21-2021, 10:59 PM)SGB Wrote: Never been a fan of White but he really did the business tonight.
Not had much time for Yogi either since our days at Falkirk but minus some personal guru he seems to have come back to earth and is doing the right things with the players he has. Some good recruitment nad particularly giving Paton a much more responsible role.
Anyone for chips with the humble pie tonight?

No need for humble pie.
All the players, and John Hughes require is for the supporters to get behind them.
When Hughes played for Falkirk, he was simply being clever and playing the game!
I keep reading about certain County players, some getting slated others getting praised.
I try never to slate players publicly.
But, some of them need a rocket up their .... at times, as Hughes quoted on BBC tonight, we create our own errors, simple basic mistakes that can easily be avoided, if we had done that earlier in the season, we would not be as far down the table .
On tonight’s showing, no reason why we can’t stay up, Just cut out the basic errors.

Forgot to add.

Great sense of humour from our stadium announcer at the end of today’s match.
Brilliant choice of song.
Beautiful Sunday
The Daniel Boone version.
Hopefully when covid is over, all had our jabs and safely back to normal.
I would like to see us really get behind the team, with vocal support and some decent songs.
Shoot me down if you wish, but! oo, oo to be a Staggie, just does not work.

Hi, hi, hi, beautiful Sunday
This is my, my, my beautiful day
When you say, say, say, say that you love me
Oh my, my, my, it's a beautiful day

(02-22-2021, 01:03 AM)MOGO Wrote: Forgot to add.

Great sense of humour from our stadium announcer at the end of today’s match.

Hi, hi, hi, beautiful Sunday
This is my, my, my beautiful day
When you say, say, say, say that you love me
Oh my, my, my, it's a beautiful day
Good song choice but it was the Dundee Utd song for the 2010 Scottish Cup Final,just brings back painful memories,but it helped erase them today
Why did I only put £1 on County today,Skybet gave me 14/1 just before kick off.
Jordan Whyte, well done, I was not elated at you coming to County,but I am now.
Lakin ,superb .
When  I saw the triple substitution ,I thought it was too much, may disrupt the team,but in Yogi I trust,he was spot on.
Big shout out to Keith Watson,came on cold ,but was superb.
Andreu and Charles Cooke, plenty effort and played their part,but need a bit more out of them.
Ok,let’s push on from here ,pump St Mirren,Killie Hibs and St Johnstone,that should do it.

(02-22-2021, 01:30 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Good song choice but it was the Dundee Utd song for the 2010 Scottish Cup Final,just brings back painful memories,but it helped erase them today
Why did I only put £1 on County today,Skybet gave me 14/1 just before kick off.
Jordan Whyte, well done, I was not elated at you coming to County,but I am now.
Lakin ,superb .
When  I saw the triple substitution ,I thought it was too much, may disrupt the team,but in Yogi I trust,he was spot on.
Big shout out to Keith Watson,came on cold ,but was superb.
Andreu and Charles Cooke, plenty effort and played their part,but need a bit more out of them.
Ok,let’s push on from here ,pump St Mirren,Killie Hibs and St Johnstone,that should do it.

Good post Tattie.
In particular your sentence regarding Andrew and Charles Cooke, some others need to switch from 12 volts to 24 volts.
14/1, ....... I only got 11/1

(02-21-2021, 11:33 PM)MOGO Wrote: No need for humble pie.
All the players, and John Hughes require is for the supporters to get behind them.
When Hughes played for Falkirk, he was simply being clever and playing the game!
I keep reading about certain County players, some getting slated others getting praised.
I try never to slate players publicly.
But, some of them need a rocket up their .... at times, as Hughes quoted on BBC tonight, we create our own errors, simple basic mistakes that can easily be avoided, if we had done that earlier in the season, we would not be as far down the table .
On tonight’s showing, no reason why we can’t stay up, Just cut out the basic errors.

You might not but did you hear Yogi's post match comments about CRC looking like he was pulling a caravan around the park......funny but hopefully Regan doesn't take offense.

(02-22-2021, 08:51 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: You might not but did you hear Yogi's post match comments about CRC looking like he was pulling a caravan around the park......funny but hopefully Regan doesn't take offense.

Jamie
Never heard that part.
No, I am not keen on slating players on site, that also applies to managers .
I think it was Tattie who made reference to Owen Coyle recently, I will now publicly state, I was disappointed in him, he spun a good yarn at the initial meeting, however he clearly did not follow that up.
A couple of players continue to get applause on here, one in particular requires a rocket.
Think Tattie made reference to this pair, CRC and Andreu, they need to up their game.
In order to get the club out of this lowly position, each player must be switched on from the moment he crosses the line until that final whistle.
Guarantee Hamilton,Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren will be totally fired up for the next few games. 
Hate it repeating myself, but thanks again Ryan Christie, blankety blank.
In the first half shooting into the Jailend, he must have had flashbacks to the old days when the Jailend was packed and screaming at him.
Second half, he brushed off Paton far to easily, and he was given far too much space on another occasion.
Check back, one header he got in, defender can be seen looking at him, cross comes in, Ryan moves towards the ball, gets his header in, defender looks up as if to say where did he come from.

Rode our luck at times but stuck to the plan and it paid off.

Great header by White. The sitter missed by Christie was the cherry on the cake.

(02-22-2021, 08:51 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: You might not but did you hear Yogi's post match comments about CRC looking like he was pulling a caravan around the park......funny but hopefully Regan doesn't take offense.
Yeah he didn’t hold back on CRC,saying he has to work harder in training.I remember Steve Craigon saying he looked exhausted and he wasn’t on the park long,something that Yogi alluded to,saying he just didn’t get his second wind