Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Hibs 13/2
Seeing Irvine in green is going to hurt.

Not much hope for this one.

Last weekend was a bit of a blow it must be said , not expecting anything but you just never know , would have draper and gardyne in from the start for this one

Difficult to guess what team Yogi will choose.

Don’t see much if any change in defence. The pace of Boyle is a concern here so back up from midfield is essential.

I feel we were too lightweight in midfield last week.
Bad enough against DDutd who wasted several of the chances this presented in the first half before capitalising on it later but I would expect Hibs to really go for it if we play the same set up.

We have had so many permutations in midfield it is obvious no management team can settle on what is best.

I think we need either Draper or Tillson for a bit of strength in front of the defence, my pick Draper

I would ideally like to see White and Shaw up front together with Shaw playing just off White, with the remit to drop back to help midfield as required.

That leaves 3 midfield positions
one sitting in the middle - either Andrue or Kelly , my pick Andrue
And two wide, to get balls into White & Shaw my picks would be Hylton & Gardyne

I am a fan of Spittal but notice he wasn’t even on the bench last game, perhaps he has an injury.

Game postponed

(02-12-2021, 03:34 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Game postponed
Just saw that,with such low temps even the undersoil heating couldn’t keep it it on.

(02-12-2021, 04:17 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Just saw that,with such low temps even the undersoil heating couldn’t keep it it on.

If nothing else it will give John Hughes some more time to work on the team.

Glad to see you have not downed tools and waved the white oil rag Tattie.

(02-13-2021, 02:17 PM)MOGO Wrote: If nothing else it will give John Hughes some more time to work on the team.

Glad to see you have not downed tools and waved the white oil rag Tattie.
Lol,no I’m still around!
Apparently it was at the Jail End that was frozen, rest of the pitch was ok. Heating had been on all week, but frost got too far down.

(02-14-2021, 03:52 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Lol,no I’m still around!
Apparently it was at the Jail End that was frozen, rest of the pitch was ok. Heating had been on all week, but frost got too far down.

Ah! That settles all the questions.
That part of the ground gets very little sun at this time of year, and the frost was quite severe.
Celtic next then! Looking forward to beating them again this season, for no other reason than to see Ryan Christie’s face of disbelief, it was a picture after the defeat at Parkhead.
Tongue In cheek!
One of the posters on here has it captured nicely!

It’s Dalneigh Gypo!

(02-14-2021, 07:13 PM)MOGO Wrote: Ah! That settles all the questions.
That part of the ground gets very little sun at this time of year, and the frost was quite severe.
Celtic next then! Looking forward to beating them again this season, for no other reason than to see Ryan Christie’s face of disbelief, it was a picture after the defeat at Parkhead.
Tongue In cheek!
One of the posters on here has it captured nicely!

It’s Dalneigh Gypo!
And here it is my friend

(02-15-2021, 10:35 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: And here it is my friend

Quality! Absolute quality!
10 out of 10 for that one.

Seeing as this is now rescheduled for Saturday, I don't see the point of making a new thread.

The Killie game was mostly brutal and we were hanging on at the end somewhat. Hibs look like they've tailed off a wee bit so maybe there's a wee bit of hope. I'd take a 1-1.

A team much the same as killie game maybe with Donaldson and tremarco dropping out , hibs aren’t on great form so here’s hoping that continues

I thought Hibs looked ok against StJ last week. Plenty of the ball but struggled in front of goal. The big lad Doige looks a handful and our defence has struggled all season. I’ll take a battling 2-2 draw.

Irvine to have a nightmare game.
And their forwards to miss everything.
Then next week they can resume normal service.!
Score prediction?
No idea, depends on what County, Hibs team turn up.
I will take 3 point for County please, last minute penalty if necessary.

Now then!
Before any comments are made about the Hibs penalty.
Sympathy for the referee, the sun must have been in his eyes!
?

Never a pen to Hibs ffs

Soft penalty ... but 32 games played, 58 goals conceded.

(03-13-2021, 05:13 PM)Albf Wrote: Never a pen to Hibs ffs
2nd week on the trot cheated out of points by the ref last weeks penalty was as soft as they come todays nothing short of a joke and to make things worse a blatant dive by the same cheat that should have resulted in a second yellow then red  was totally ignored by the ref who had a clear view of it the sooner we get VAR the better this will eventually stop the cheats i include the refs in that statement

Firstly thought that Laidlaw had another superb game, without him the result could have been a lot different. Then I suppose Marciano had a couple of good saves too.

Hibs best team first half. County were best second half.

Paton made a real difference, we started to play football when he came on, but I would like to see him play alongside Spittal instead of just replacing him. Yogi tried every trick in the book and nearly made it happen. Penalty a joke, worse than St Mirren one. Even Hibs second looked offside to me, but that could be a little bias kicking in.

Overall disappointing that we didn’t get a draw which I believe we deserved. Bear in mind this is the 3rd best team in the league we played today. I’m starting to believe we will stay up after all.

Quality from Yogi!
Last time I saw a boy “DIVE” like that, he had Speedos on.
Regardless of the penalty, someone has mentioned offside for the second goal.
No comment on the offside, inconclusive.
More importantly, where was the marking?