Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Pre-season
jamiepscot Wrote:Better than watching England cruise into the semifinals of the Euro's I suppose!

Tut, Tut, Jamie.
Nothing wrong with watching England.
Oh, By the way, you are off the thread here!
Chuckle! chuckle.

You appear to be joining me off thread......tut tut

Maybe a chance to see our new away strip on Saturday.

I'm loving the yellow Smile

Monthestaggies98 Wrote:Elgin away on Saturday can be watched via Elgin tv , fans are allowed to attend the game but only home fans…

Anyone planning on sneaking in undercover with a black and white scarf and repotting back to us on any trialists playing??
i'll not get to see it on Elgin tv due to work.

Was hoping for some signings today or else we will be playing a team thin on players or filling it with youngsters (no bad thing I suppose) but as It stands do we even have a recognised left back? This always seems to be a problem position for us!

(07-02-2021, 10:53 AM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Anyone planning on sneaking in undercover with a black and white scarf and repotting back to us on any trialists playing??
i'll not get to see it on Elgin tv due to work.
Took a Gander round Borough Briggs today
They have knocked down the wall at the east end of the ground
and built a new AstroTurf pitch,so anyone desperate to see some 
County action there is a restricted view on offer 
(no Clach scarfs required here)
Also a decent view from the riverbank corner

We're going to it. There wasn't any mention of what team you were supporting.

Looking forward to a live game of football. Also as a bonus it was only 99p a ticket!

Only 4 tickets left for today's game apparently!

Callachan the only new signing in the starting 11 just 6 players on the bench , one of which is Samuel

Team is

Laidlaw
Randall
Watson
Donaldson
Iacovitti
Tillson
Paton
Spittal
Callachan
Shaw
White

Bench Munro Williamson Wright Samuel mackinnon macleman

Monthestaggies98 Wrote:Callachan the only new signing in the starting 11 just 6 players on the bench , one of which is Samuel

Team is

Laidlaw
Randall
Watson
Donaldson
Iacovitti
Tillson
Paton
Spittal
Callachan
Shaw
White

Bench Munro Williamson Wright Samuel mackinnon macleman

Was hoping there might have been a few trialists/potential signings.
tony and Russell Dingwall playing for Elgin.

It's a 352 to start with.
Randall and Spittal out wide.

1-0 after 2 minutes , Jordan white the scorer

Ft 5-0, a good workout.

Nice diving header by Samuel on his debut.

Scores callachan twice , white , Wright , Samuel

Not to get carried away as Elgin have had much less preparation but County played the ball fairly well moving easily and confidently.
Paton was a standout and Callaghan slotted into midfield well. Tillson continues to improve. Samuel showed well and looks like a good addition to the front line. Only glaring area, in my opinion anyway, is the need for a general in defence, given the right leadership just one additional body, a leader, (on top of the new left back) is all that’s needed.

Sorry not to see Grivosti, I hope that his absence is not ominous as it would be great to see him flourish in the season ahead.

Great to see the young lads stretch their legs - all accounted well of themselves and Wright took his goal like a seasoned professional.

I would think the management team would have come away reasonably happy with the afternoons work. The nucleus of a good side is there and a few new heads, if correctly chosen,- as they seem to have been so far - should see us well in the mix this season.

Brick on the wall Wrote:Not to get carried away as Elgin have had much less preparation but County played the ball fairly well moving easily and confidently.
Paton was a standout and Callaghan slotted into midfield well. Tillson continues to improve. Samuel showed well and looks like a good addition to the front line. Only glaring area, in my opinion anyway, is the need for a general in defence, given the right leadership just one additional body, a leader, (on top of the new left back) is all that’s needed.

Sorry not to see Grivosti, I hope that his absence is not ominous as it would be great to see him flourish in the season ahead.

Great to see the young lads stretch their legs - all accounted well of themselves and Wright took his goal like a seasoned professional.

I would think the management team would have come away reasonably happy with the afternoons work. The nucleus of a good side is there and a few new heads, if correctly chosen,- as they seem to have been so far - should see us well in the mix this season.

Agree with all of the above, Paton was outstanding and ran the show in midfield, probably buoyed by his call up, he'll be a big miss during the group stage of the league cup.

it would be great if we could find an Andrew Davies type player/character, then add some depth to the squad.

Really wish the club would provide an update on grivosti, I'm sure we all wish him the best and are concerned by his absence.