Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Victoria Park Re-development
Hi

Newbie here. Thought you might like to know that the detailed plans for the re-development of the stadium have been lodged are now available to view on-line at the Council's web-site: http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/applicati...65QIH7R000

The sharp ones amongst you will notice the disappearance of the Tea-Bars in the Jail End and next to the East Stand. Where they re-appear, I do not as yet know.

Good man (or woman?), I didn't realise all of the plans would be available to view like this. Magic.

Lightbulb 
Very helpful. I may have mentioned this already but it seems on paper to be pretty sympathetic to maintaining the character of the ground. Slight loss of capacity from 6,900 down to 6,084 all seated.

The Jail End is same dimensions as before = 9 rows of seats. All accessed from the front and gangways front to back every 25 seats or so. Plus the same gangway running right along the back behind the back row of seats.

Away (North /Jubilee) End is a bit bigger with 15 rows, and accessed from stairs coming up through from behind.

Gents toilets imply that 25 urinals and 3 WCs require 6 handbasins. This implies we wash our hands in less than a quarter of the time we take to pee.

Assuming we DO wash our hands (you know who you are you bacteria-harbouring mingers) - Is this equation hygienic?

Just need to win the league now. Smile

Go County!
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Thanks for the link. Good to see it can be achieved within the existing "footprint".

I've been having a good look at the plans today, and from what I see, the Tea Bar at the Jailend will still be there, the drawing showing the Jailend simply only shows the seated areas, but if you look at the plan views, the tea bar and the Toilets behind are still there.

No idea what is happening to the East Stand one, the plans are not clear. But again the plan view seems to suggest that the tea bar, and old club shop building are still there, with the stand basically extending over the top of them.

Looking at it though, this is a reduced plan from the previous versions that we seen a few years ago, but it will close of the stadium and give it a nice all round similarity.

Just need to pick out which seat in the Jailend will become my own !

But if it's to happen, we need to win the league.. Starting with another 3 points tomorrow

Photo 
(02-10-2012, 08:40 PM)thejailender Wrote: ...

But if it's to happen, we need to win the league.. Starting with another 3 points tomorrow

- that's the most important part of the plan!

No traumatic change to the look of Victoria Park. The proposals seem realistically modest, and would not preclude greater things for the distant future if need be.

Closes off the stadium nicely, I agree, which may also help take the edge off the weather. Idea Possibly helping the grass grow too.

The plans don't show this accurate drawing of the teabar however.

[Image: teabar.jpg]

(02-10-2012, 09:19 PM)IDW16 Wrote: The plans don't show this accurate drawing of the teabar however.

Are those two OK? Huh

(02-10-2012, 08:40 PM)thejailender Wrote: I've been having a good look at the plans today, and from what I see, the Tea Bar at the Jailend will still be there, the drawing showing the Jailend simply only shows the seated areas, but if you look at the plan views, the tea bar and the Toilets behind are still there.

No idea what is happening to the East Stand one, the plans are not clear. But again the plan view seems to suggest that the tea bar, and old club shop building are still there, with the stand basically extending over the top of them.

Can't see it. It appears to me, looking at the elevation of the Jail End, that the area where the Tea Bar is, is going to be covered in seats, as the seats are to extend the full length of the stand. Am I not right in thinking that the Tea Bar is in fact covered by the end of the stand? (never use it, as I am in the West Stand). Similarly, although the East Stand Tea Bar might be situated inside the new stand, the plans don't show that IMHO, and if you look at the rear building line for the existing East Stand, which will be continued for the new addition to the stand, that surely sweeps over where the Tea Bar currently is. i would have assumed that they would relocate it to directly opposite where it currently is, as putting it inside a small stand space, or just moving it forward and re-locating it outside the new stand extension, would cause problems of circulation, access to the stairs , and the tea bar queue all getting mixed up.

These are not material points in relation to the overall scheme, which is good, but if there were to be separate buildings for the Tea Bars, you would have thought that they would have appeared on the drawings as part of the planning application. Maybe that means they are all going to be internal from now on?

I am conscious this is only my 2nd post on here, so don't want to be seen as argumentative this early, so am happy to be corrected by someone in the know.

(02-10-2012, 09:23 PM)ciaranhill Wrote:
(02-10-2012, 09:19 PM)IDW16 Wrote: The plans don't show this accurate drawing of the teabar however.

Are those two OK? Huh

Yes. Next Question?

From my seat in the East stand the perspex side panels can get in the way when we have a corner kick at the corner where the east stand meets the Jailend. If the East stand is extended then the perspex sheeting will be moved so no longer spoiling my view. Thumbs up from me.

WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(02-10-2012, 08:14 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Gents toilets imply that 25 urinals and 3 WCs require 6 handbasins. This implies we wash our hands in less than a quarter of the time we take to pee.

There are set minimums laid down by building regulations for every type of building, and for temporary event structures, based on the capacity. Can't lay my hands on them at the moment though.

(02-10-2012, 09:41 PM)Ed Wrote: Shame the pillars are not being done away with in the Jailend. Had to shuffle to the left and right many times when they got in the way of a good goal mouth scramble. All down to cost I suppose.

I think they are being moved, or at least some of them. From the supporting statement: http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/files/F14...326358.pdf

"removal of a number of existing columns to improve view"

From the drawings it appears that 4 will be left from the 8(?) at present.

(02-10-2012, 09:31 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote:
(02-10-2012, 08:40 PM)thejailender Wrote: I've been having a good look at the plans today, and from what I see, the Tea Bar at the Jailend will still be there, the drawing showing the Jailend simply only shows the seated areas, but if you look at the plan views, the tea bar and the Toilets behind are still there.

Can't see it. It appears to me, looking at the elevation of the Jail End, that the area where the Tea Bar is, is going to be covered in seats, as the seats are to extend the full length of the stand. Am I not right in thinking that the Tea Bar is in fact covered by the end of the stand? (never use it, as I am in the West Stand). Similarly, although the East Stand Tea Bar might be situated inside the new stand, the plans don't show that IMHO, and if you look at the rear building line for the existing East Stand, which will be continued for the new addition to the stand, that surely sweeps over where the Tea Bar currently is. i would have assumed that they would relocate it to directly opposite where it currently is, as putting it inside a small stand space, or just moving it forward and re-locating it outside the new stand extension, would cause problems of circulation, access to the stairs , and the tea bar queue all getting mixed up.

These are not material points in relation to the overall scheme, which is good, but if there were to be separate buildings for the Tea Bars, you would have thought that they would have appeared on the drawings as part of the planning application. Maybe that means they are all going to be internal from now on?

I am conscious this is only my 2nd post on here, so don't want to be seen as argumentative this early, so am happy to be corrected by someone in the know.

Don't worry about being argumentative, that's the purpose of any forum !

As for the tea bars, I don't have any more information than the rest of us looking at these plans, but I was going by counting the number of gates at the front of the JailEnd.
There is currently 5 gates, and the new plans also show 5 gates, and the current right hand gate has a small section of terrace to it's right, again the new plans also has the red seat section to it's right.
Also the plan view shows the new seated areas as highlight in red, but it does show the Tea Bar still being there.. I've circled it in the picture below.

The East Stand tea bars are a little bit less clear, there are lines shown on the seating plan in that area, but it doesn't say exactly what they are, so it could or could not be the tea bars.. But I'm sure they will have some plan for tea bars in that area of the ground

Attached File(s)
.jpg   jailend.jpg (Size: 38.99 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   east-stand-copy.jpg (Size: 29.46 KB / Downloads: 36)

(02-10-2012, 10:27 PM)thejailender Wrote: As for the tea bars, I don't have any more information than the rest of us looking at these plans, but I was going by counting the number of gates at the front of the JailEnd.
There is currently 5 gates, and the new plans also show 5 gates, and the current right hand gate has a small section of terrace to it's right, again the new plans also has the red seat section to it's right.
Also the plan view shows the new seated areas as highlight in red, but it does show the Tea Bar still being there.. I've circled it in the picture below.

Ah, I get it. I was assuming that the Tea Bar formed part of the stand, with the roof covering it, per the photo in the application drawing: http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/files/ADF...323438.pdf and that the whole roofed area was being converted to seats.

However, the Tea Bar is adjacent to the west end of the Jail End, is the wee box in the plan, and will remain untouched. Panic over.

On a serious note. Is there not a version like this of the stadium?

[Image: aberdeen_fc_stadium_m010311_1.jpg]

(02-10-2012, 10:54 PM)IDW16 Wrote: On a serious note. Is there not a version like this of the stadium?

[Image: aberdeen_fc_stadium_m010311_1.jpg]

Aye, that's the exact design of the new toilets behind the away end. Something to hold all the sh*te.

I said 'Serious' Dodgy

Looks brilliant! This puts some spl grounds to shame. It's a pity they aren't extending the east stand all the way to the corner where the academy is.

This is exciting stuff. Let's hope that the people on the committee aren't tinks and we win the league!
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(02-10-2012, 08:14 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Gents toilets imply that 25 urinals and 3 WCs require 6 handbasins. This implies we wash our hands in less than a quarter of the time we take to pee.

Assuming we DO wash our hands (you know who you are you bacteria-harbouring mingers) - Is this equation hygienic?

I think the issue is the ratio of handwashers to non handwashers with the plans being for the away toilets. I'm sure they've done their market research and as we will have a higher ratio of handwashers, there will be a more even Urinal to Handbasin ratio in the home toilets. As the plans are with the intention of gaining entry to the SPL the low number of handbasins in the away toilets will be with regards to the potential supporters groups that are likely to use these toilets having a very low handwasher ratio.

Information 
(02-11-2012, 09:58 AM)Chewbacca Wrote: I think the issue is the ratio of handwashers to non handwashers with the plans being for the away toilets. I'm sure they've done their market research and as we will have a higher ratio of handwashers, there will be a more even Urinal to Handbasin ratio in the home toilets. As the plans are with the intention of gaining entry to the SPL the low number of handbasins in the away toilets will be with regards to the potential supporters groups that are likely to use these toilets having a very low handwasher ratio.

Our current back-up measure of giving them a bit of a wash from the rain and sleet won't work with a covered stand. Perhaps water cannon is the answer.