Give them until the end of the season
42.11%
40 42.11%
Total 95 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jim & Billy - Stay or go poll
There seems to be a fair divide in opinion here on this, so let's put it to a poll.

Should Jim & Billy go?
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

No real great options with experience to get us out of a relegation dog fight that we're in the now, changing a system maybe be suicidal but a change in results is needed, they've got us out of a fight before so I'd give them till the end of the season

I think they should go immediately, they've been punching above their weight for far too long, they're living on this Mickey Mouse cup win!

Someone post their overall stats please.

Played - 114
Won - 41
Dawn - 25
Lost - 48

(02-25-2017, 10:55 PM)thejailender Wrote: Played - 114
Won - 41
Dawn - 25
Lost - 48

Won: 35.96%
Drawn: 21.93%
Lost: 42.11%

And out of a possible 342 points we have only won 148 points (43.27%).

Thats a poor return.

People are entitled to their own opinions but giving them until the end of the season is silly. What if thats to late and we suffer relegation? To be honest.. we should have replaced him in January or even before. I think even now it is too late. Only a few games and split remain and we are in big trouble.

As for the players, they are lacking a Richard Brittain charecter. I remember when he used to get all the players going and used to celebrate with all the stands after a win.... I wish and bet he could still put in a shift.

But on the topic of Jim and Billy. They NEED to go. Things have to change and soon.

EDIT - I was meant to add on the topic of players that I don't think they are at all happy. Obviously results could be making them feel like that but also, managment. Even when we pull of a win, (even a big one) they always rush down the tunnel. Might be because our crowds are very hostile these days..

(02-25-2017, 11:06 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Won:     35.96%
Lost:      42.11%

Thats a poor return.

More the return of a team punching at their weight and not above like some others in this division. This forum is full of people who only want to support a winning team. I have been going over the bridge since the early 60's and will continue going till I can't take another breath. Even if that means in the HFL and if M & D are still in charge , I'll back them to the hilt aswell. It is not entirely their fault we are in the present position-It's the players who are making all the mistakes.

I think yes things haven't been going right if they do go I think it would be Fergie and Ketts till the end of the season however if we did get pulled into the relegation battle and went down the championship is a league that Jim and Billy know well so it's hard one

(02-26-2017, 01:49 AM)gujeecof Wrote: More the return of a team punching at their weight and not above like some others in this division. This forum is full of people who only want to support a winning team. I have been going over the bridge since the early 60's and will continue going till I can't take another breath. Even if that means in the HFL and if M & D are still in charge , I'll back them to the hilt aswell. It is not entirely their fault we are in the present position-It's the players who are making all the mistakes.

I don't think that is fair to say at all that people only want to support a winning team. Of course people want their team to do well but Jim is deluded and I think people are sick of the way he precieves us every game. He always says "The boys played well" or "We were very good but just couldn't score our chances." The man still thinks this is a top 6 fight... we are in trouble.

As for players making the mistakes too.... Mceveley who cost a goal for 3/4 games in a row (at home) and was still selected week in' week out, who's fault is that? Our top goal scorer for this past few seasons was made to play out wide where he can't get in front of goal. Again, who's fault is that? Martin Woods can't defend to save himself and has no idea how to read the play whilst defending but yet, he is still in that team every week.

Not to mention the fact we have changed our formation so many times the past few weeks instead of letting the team settle. When you look deep into things, it is easy to see that they need to go.

I agree this season hasn't been good enough, but for me, getting rid of them now would be too risky. They've sparked upturns in form before, and I think they're capable of doing so again. We've got the players to beat the teams around us.

That said, there needs to be a serious review at the end of the season (as I'm sure there is every season) about targets etc and whether they're still the best people for the job.

So for me it's a "give them until the end of the season", without a commitment on whether they should still be here next season or not.

(02-26-2017, 11:59 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I agree this season hasn't been good enough, but for me, getting rid of them now would be too risky.  They've sparked upturns in form before, and I think they're capable of doing so again.  We've got the players to beat the teams around us.

That said, there needs to be a serious review at the end of the season (as I'm sure there is every season) about targets etc and whether they're still the best people for the job.

So for me it's a "give them until the end of the season", without a commitment on whether they should still be here next season or not.

Get rid before they do more damage since start ofv2016 won 10 games from 43 
The cup run masked the damage this pair are shredding our clubs put Fergie Ketts and Britain 
No pally wally with them players ,I'd bet they would get us through, my estimate is County keeping going like they are they won't accumulate 36 points. 36 points still,put teams in play offs look back 2016 2015 2014 2013 etc  all,play offs. They have lost the plot  their heads are up,their  ba hoochies

(02-26-2017, 01:49 AM)gujeecof Wrote: More the return of a team punching at their weight and not above like some others in this division. This forum is full of people who only want to support a winning team. I have been going over the bridge since the early 60's and will continue going till I can't take another breath. Even if that means in the HFL and if M & D are still in charge , I'll back them to the hilt aswell. It is not entirely their fault we are in the present position-It's the players who are making all the mistakes.

Ah another in denial,I can give you a good few years young man County supporter early 50s seen them come seen them go seen them progress ,balderdash punching  above their  weight ,we are there on merit ,we have more players bigger budget than Kilmarnock,st Johnstone  ICT Partick , thus management team gave our opponents two good players Boyd to,Kilmarnock,Foster to st  Johnstone 
And you make a statement !! It's not entirely M& D  fault it's the players  ,there is no hope for you my man if you cannot work out who picks the players who cannot set up formations who baffles us with their team selections and set ups who look,like two,little boys crying  in the rain

(02-25-2017, 11:06 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Won:     35.96%
Lost:      42.11%

Thats a poor return.

As Ebbe Skovdahl famously said "statistics are like mini skirts - nice to look at, but they hide the important things", such as a monumental relegation escape, defeat of Celtic at Hampden and of course  our first major honour. It's not always been pretty but our story is consistently compelling!
Hear Me Roar!

Looking at the bottom fours (obviously Killie/Partick/Dundee can still be pulled in but for arguments sake I have looked at the teams in and around us.) run in up until the split, Inverness have one less away fixture in comparison to everyone else. They have also had two massive results in drawing with Hearts and beating Rangers. Also getting McKay back is a massive signing.

On paper, Hamilton have three hard fixtures coming up, but with the previously mentioned Hearts and Rangers doing their best to self destruct, anything is possible.

Motherwell seem to be in a mess, and the fact their next two games are away from home gives me hope that they might continue their losing trend. They have lost their last four on the bounce, which really shows how bad our result against them was.

Ourselves, we have a real issue with scoring, out of our last fifteen league games, we have only managed to score two or above on five occasions. Given Hearts form, we should really be looking to nab at least a draw there. Kilmarnock at home and ICT away are two must win games. Proverbial six pointers. I think if we fail to pick up anything less than three points from the next three games, and JM should walk. A massive couple of weeks coming up.

Ross County -
Hearts Away
Kilmarnock Home
ICT Away
Partick Away
Dundee Home
Hamilton Away
Celtic Home

Motherwell-
Kilmarnock Away
Aberdeen Away
St Johnstone Home
Rangers Away
Hamilton Home
Partick Away
ICT Home

ICT-
Celtic Home
Partick Away
Ross County Home
Kilmarnock Home
Aberdeen Away
St Johnstone Home
Motherwell Away

Hamilton-
Aberdeen Home
Hearts Away
Rangers Away
St Johnstone Home
Motherwell Away
Ross County Home
Dundee Away

(02-26-2017, 10:51 PM)pheasant66 Wrote: As Ebbe Skovdahl famously said "statistics are like mini skirts - nice to look at, but they hide the important things", such as a monumental relegation escape, defeat of Celtic at Hampden and of course  our first major honour. It's not always been pretty but our story is consistently compelling!

This would have been the season Ebbe famously avoided relegation only by the fact someone coming up (Dunfirmline I think) did not meet the then stadia criteria?

The 1-0 defeat away to Aberdeen is not going to get any manager the sack, not many teams have gone there and won over the last few years.
However the defeats that will get a manager the sack are the likes of the loses to Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

But more importantly to me, the biggest failing with the management team are the transfers over the last year.
In the summer we weakened the squad. We released two players for free (Foster and Boyd) to teams that we are in direct competition with.
We also released Brian Graham for free to Hibs, without replacing him meaning that we now have no plan B when it comes to attacking.
The loss of Jackson Irvine was a blow, but given Burton met his release clause there is not a lot can be done about it..

This season, the three main issues we've had has been not scoring enough despite creating chances, conceding to many goals with others teams driving right through the heart of our defence, and there being a glaringly big hole in centre midfield, with no battling qualities there.
Were any of these issues addressed ? NO.
We bought a right back to replace another recently signed right back, and we loaned in two more wingers when we already had enough (and they were creating chances), and yes we did get a central midfielder, who has only featured in less than 90 minutes of football so far.

So has the squad been improved? NO
Just look at the team on Saturday, 9 of the starting 11 were at County this time last season (only Chow and Naismith being the newbies)

So serious questions have to be asked, why have we purchased so many players over the summer and winter transfers, yet they are not any better that we already had!

I'm giving the current management team until the end of the season but I hope they realise that we are in a relegation battle just now not a fight for the top 6 because our results are relegation form not top 6 going for Europe form.

The penny seems to have finally dropped - P&J "Ross County manager Jim McIntyre concedes the Staggies are in a relegation fight".

To be honest this has been the case since the start of the season really. Time for some action Jim.

I honestly don't think there's any need for a knee jerk reaction. We are not in the best of form just now but neither are we in serious risk of relegation.

ICT, Hamilton and Motherwell are all below us and none are showing any indication that they have what it takes to overtake us.

Let's get to the end of the season secure in 8th or 9th place and review things then.