Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County FC Finance Report
A recently published financial report which covers all 12 teams from last season (13/14) where we finished in 7th position. We had the lowest average wage in the SPFL.

Of the 333 teams surveyed, Ross County were the lowest ranked Scottish team in terms of their annual pay.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celti...s-countys/

Hibs and St Mirren were paying vey big wages to get relegated.

To stay up with the lowest wage bill is extraordinary.

(05-21-2015, 10:47 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Hibs and St Mirren were paying vey big wages to get relegated.

To stay up with the lowest wage bill is extraordinary.

Even better to finish 7th, as we did last season Smile

The imbalance in our league is crazy!

How celtic are unable to win a treble when they pay more in wages than all of the other top teams combined is laughable Tongue

Looking at that report, we have to admit that our average wage probably has to increase soon.

Could next season be a case of smaller squad/bigger wages?

It's certainly looking likely with 13/14 releases, I'd be in favour of that.

(05-21-2015, 01:31 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Looking at that report, we have to admit that our average wage probably has to increase soon.

Could next season be a case of smaller squad/bigger wages?

It's certainly looking likely with 13/14 releases, I'd be in favour of that.

Yeah reckon your bang on.

(05-21-2015, 01:24 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Even better to finish 7th, as we did last season Smile

The imbalance in our league is crazy!

How celtic are unable to win a treble when they pay more in wages than all of the other top teams combined is laughable Tongue

They are not able to win, because pay more money does not guarantee you a better team....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

We have almost certainly had the smallest wage budget of all the teams every season we have been in the top flight and every season we have defied the odds and even this season's modest ninth or tenth placed finish is a triumph for community club with our resources.

Frankly, I would much rather be shouting on players earning not much more than me than backing millionaire prima donnas.

I'd like the opinion on this from the 'experts' on P&B who have always accused us of being big spenders and rubbished Derek Adams whenever he mentioned low wages.

It makes our achievement - going into our 4th season in the top flight - all the more remarkable.