Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Partick at Home Sat 10th Jan
We need to go into the next 2 games with 6 points in mind there is no reason why we cant pick anything up from the next 2 mon the staggies

(01-06-2015, 05:37 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: We need to go into the next 2 games with 6 points in mind there is no reason why we cant pick anything up from the next 2 mon the staggies

That's more like it.
This is the backing we are looking for.

(01-06-2015, 05:59 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: That's more like it.
This is the backing we are looking for.
I will support County in any league and I would chrop my legs off for them

I'd like to see us go 2 up front with Boyce and Curran and really go for the win.

We really need wins now and this is definitely a winnable game.

100% commitment from every player and I think we have a real chance.

(01-07-2015, 09:02 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I'd like to see us go 2 up front with Boyce and Curran and really go for the win.

We really need wins now and this is definitely a winnable game.

100% commitment from every player and I think we have a real chance.

I don't agree, I think that's causing us a problem at home. We need to be set up better defensively.

We have been far too offensive at times, and I've lost count of the amount of goals we've lost on the break.

It's no coincidence some of our better performances have been away from home, where we are the team hitting on the counter.

If both Curran and Boyce play, one of them has to play in the hole between midfield and attack.

If we continue to be so open at home, we'll continue to drop points.

(01-07-2015, 10:25 AM)County1929 Wrote: I don't agree, I think that's causing us a problem at home. We need to be set up better defensively.

We have been far too offensive at times, and I've lost count of the amount of goals we've lost on the break.

It's no coincidence some of our better performances have been away from home, where we are the team hitting on the counter.

If both Curran and Boyce play, one of them has to play in the hole between midfield and attack.

In our only home win, we played Kiss right up beside Arquin almost as a second striker.

We haven't scored enough goals at home IMO. We've only scored more than 1 goal in 2 out of our 9 home games. Scoring 3 goals in our last 5 home games isn't going to win many games unless your defence is absolutely rock solid.

We need to take the initiative and go and win the game, like we did in the Dundee game at home. That was a fantastic first half performance.

And our "better performances away from home" have basically been grinding out draws, Kilmarnock game aside. I have no problems with that, but we need a little more than that to win games at home.

(01-07-2015, 10:54 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: In our only home win, we played Kiss right up beside Arquin almost as a second striker.

We haven't scored enough goals at home IMO. We've only scored more than 1 goal in 2 out of our 9 home games. Scoring 3 goals in our last 5 home games isn't going to win many games unless your defence is absolutely rock solid.

We need to take the initiative and go and win the game, like we did in the Dundee game at home. That was a fantastic first half performance.

And our "better performances away from home" have basically been grinding out draws, Kilmarnock game aside. I have no problems with that, but we need a little more than that to win games at home.

I see it totally differently. The league table doesn't lie, we've conceded more goals at home than any other team. In fact there are only 3 teams in Scottish League football that have conceded more goals at home than us.

We've lost all but one game at home, 6 games away from home we've avoided defeat.

3 points at home, and 8 away, grinded out as you put it, I know what statistic I prefer.

We need to be harder to beat at home. A gung ho approach is not what is needed.

(01-07-2015, 11:12 AM)County1929 Wrote: I see it totally differently. The league table doesn't lie, we've conceded more goals at home than any other team. In fact there are only 3 teams in Scottish League football that have conceded more goals at home than us.

We've lost all but one game at home, 6 games away from home we've avoided defeat.

3 points at home, and 8 away, grinded out as you put it, I know what statistic I prefer.

We need to be harder to beat at home. A gung ho approach is not what is needed.

You make some good points there, we definitely need to start conceding less goals.

I wasn't talking about a gung ho approach approach with everyone bombing forward, but I'd like us to play on the front foot a little more, like we did at home to Dundee. In that first half especially, we were so positive, closed them down high up the pitch excellently and dominated the game.

In that game, we limited Dundee to very few opportunities on goal with Frempah and Irvine dominating at centre back. They won everything and Dundee barely got a sniff at our goal. Their goal was a counter attack from a corner (where we should have been set up better).

I'd like to see us really take the game to Patrick and try and get one or two early goals to settle us down. In too many games at home I think we've been trying to nick a goal, rather than putting the opposition under a period of sustained pressure.

I felt one of only times we did this was in the last 15 minutes of the Dundee United game and we looked a real threat.

The old saying 'attack is the best form of defence' applies here.

If we don't start winning games at home, I don't think we have much chance of survival. Even draws at home aren't much good anymore.

We don't have the squad, unfortunately, for one system at home and another away. 1929 is spot on with his stats and you can't argue with that. Aberdeen are on a 7 game unbeaten run and sit top of the league. It's no coincidence that they haven't conceded a goal in any of that games. If you're tight at the back you will win games. Easier said than done and we've only had two clean sheets all season. That's why we're bottom!!!
This isn't solely a defensive issue, our midfield is way too lightweight and easy to pass through. We give the ball away far too easily and have very little pace in the team. Fastest guy in the squad, Maatsen, warms the bench every week!!
With all that said, if we score 1st, it will settle the team (and the fans), then we'll win the game.
Six points in our next 2 games is totally realistic and what a difference that will make to us.
C'mon the County!!!!

(01-07-2015, 11:41 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: We don't have the squad, unfortunately, for one system at home and another away. 1929 is spot on with his stats and you can't argue with that. Aberdeen are on a 7 game unbeaten run and sit top of the league. It's no coincidence that they haven't conceded a goal in any of that games. If you're tight at the back you will win games. Easier said than done and we've only had two clean sheets all season. That's why we're bottom!!!
This isn't solely a defensive issue, our midfield is way too lightweight and easy to pass through. We give the ball away far too easily and have very little pace in the team. Fastest guy in the squad, Maatsen, warms the bench every week!!
With all that said, if we score 1st, it will settle the team (and the fans), then we'll win the game.
Six points in our next 2 games is totally realistic and what a difference that will make to us.
C'mon the County!!!!

100% agree - the problem is definitely not just our defence - our midfield has absolutely no shape or bite to it, it's been a glaring problem for me all season and it's needs addressed as best as possible during this tranfer window or we'll continue to be pushed aside!

As you rightly say, we are lightweight and get pushed aside and passed through far too easily which in turn puts our backline under constant pressure as there is no defensive play in front of them!

Our best season (our first) had a solid defence - but it was well protected by a strong midfield - one of the strongest midfields in the league at that time.

For me, the midfield is the engine, without that, you are rudderless and that's been our issue all season - the guys in there don't seem to stick to their task and run around chasing the ball rather than keeping a shape and passing the ball and retaining possession - the game against Dundee was totally different - we held our shape well and pressed well as a team in the first half - best we have looked in ages - I really thought that was a turning point - then, came the first half performance against Hamilton where I could have gauged my eyes out with a hot poker!

So, yeah, I'm definitely not confident of getting the vital six points going by that Hamilton game - but if we get the formation right and all the players (as they should be) are fired up - then we stand a chance! Would also be good to beat Caley at the end of January to reverse that recent Derby distaster!

Celtic game is again a game we could easily take a point from if we are setup correctly - they are definitely not firing on all cylinders and will not enjoy the trip north - chances are the Deila will tinker with his starting eleven also...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-07-2015, 10:25 AM)County1929 Wrote: I don't agree, I think that's causing us a problem at home. We need to be set up better defensively.

I agree with what you say, I don't think our midfield is strong enough to play with two strikers.

I reckon anyone that gets the team right for Tomorrow will be doing well. Hoping for a home win. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Interesting to see if the predicted weather has an impact!!

(01-06-2015, 11:45 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I will support County in any league and I would chrop my legs off for them

I've supported county over 69 years but never would I contemplate chopping my legs off you only end up ( e censored) about legless , you couldn't stand up for county or get on your knees to pray, Naw not a good idea chopping legs off people would make bum jokes about you
Cmon countyBig Grin

(01-09-2015, 06:34 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I reckon anyone that gets the team right for Tomorrow will be doing well. Hoping for a home win. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

It will be a hard game,Partick are a better team than their position portrays them,
If ever a defence needs to be switched on its tomorrow, but I'm for getting speed merchants on and have a real,go in their faces full on90 minutes,

Match postponed due to a further power cut overnight.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30663737
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

Sensible decision given the distance the Partick fans and some County fans have to travel!

The power was back on pretty quick, but it's a stinking day anyway.

And I'm counting that as now 2 weekends we're unbeaten Big Grin.

Correct decision, but it's a pity. I think after last week's game and the current mood we might well have got a win today to make the table look a little less awful. By the time the game gets played ( not sure when it will be ) we may be too far adrift for it to matter....

Power went off at 7.30 and didn't come back on until 11.30 - no guarantee it will last tho.
Club had to make a decision and called it correct, the wind is howling and would have ruined the game anyway.

At least by the time we play them again we will have players back from injury and maybe some new/better ones too!

Got to take the positives. Gives guys as you say Stuart time to recover and new guys time to bed.

Hope yer frozen food stays frozen!