Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home to Dundee - 27 Sept
The last two game threads that I made, we won. Against Inverness on New Year's and Hibs last season to secure our safety. This will be our first win of the season guaranteed*.

After losing to Hibs (* Hibs), we now entertain (hmmm) Dundee.

If we win this I'd be delighted. This is our best chance of points before facing Caley and Celtic. Sigh.

The team selection will be another mystery. I hope Fenlon never plays for us again.

No point naming my XI as it won't happen. You're most welcome to post your own though. Kudos to anyone that gets it spot on.

Prediction: 2-1 win for County; Dundee scoring first.

*Not guaranteed whatsoever.

I think we need to forsake modern forms of defending as we are clearly not very good at it. I'm advocating a return to the 19th century 2-3-5 pyramid with a line-up as follows:

Brown
Frempah Boyd
Brittain Kiss Irvine
Arquin Jervis Boyce de Leeuw Carey

Guaranteed goals.

Massive game. If we lose with the Celtic and ICT games coming up, losing our first eleven games is scarily becoming realistic.

I'd go with:

------------Brown-----------
Brittain--Barr--Frempah--Carey
-------------Balk------------
---------Irvine--Kiss--------
-de Leeuw--Boyce--Dingwall-

Subs: Reguero, Dressen, Ross, Maatsen, Cardle, Arquin, Jervis.

Fenlon, Dressen, Quinn, Cardle and Arquin drop out from the Hibs game. 1 or 2 changes from the Aberdeen/Hibs game isn't enough, we need a big change from that awful performances. What we've played isn't working and NEEDS to change. If we keep playing the same players, it isn't going to get any better.

Not convinced of the back four, but we haven't got anyone better to play there.

That midfield trio (Balk, Irvine, Kiss) is probably the best we've got and is potentially quite good.

We need more of a spark going forward, so I'd bring in Boyce and Dingwall. Boyce has looked a real goalscorer so far, Dingwall is fresh and has done brilliant in the development games.

County need to show a lot more passion and hardwork than they did last night to get anything from this game.

[quote='Forfinn' pid='42153' dateline='1411567533']
I think we need to forsake modern forms of defending as we are clearly not very good at it. I'm advocating a return to the 19th century 2-3-5 pyramid with a line-up as follows:

Brown
Frempah Boyd
Brittain Kiss Irvine
Carey de Leeuw Boyce Jervis Arquin

Guaranteed goals?????

Better with!
Brown, Reguero
Frempah, Boyd, Brittain, Kiss, Irvine, Carey, De Leeuw,
Boyce, Arquin

Makes it harder for the opposition to score, and maybe, just maybe we could get a goal.
Ok, so we have 2 keepers and 7 at the back!

It says a lot about our season when Richard Brittain is being shifted to right-back and Jackson Irvine in CM is the 'best we've got'.

Sad times right now.

Unless we tighten up at the back we are going to be pummeled by Dundee, last night was awful to watch and I hope that's the last time we play so poorly.

As it stands we look to be heading for no wins from the first round of matches, maybe even no points.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many points we had out of the first round of matches last term? Not that it's anything to go by, but I remember us being pretty rotten at the start of last season also, and only survived after major surgery in January!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(09-24-2014, 06:53 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Out of interest, does anyone know how many points we had out of the first round of matches last term? Not that it's anything to go by, but I remember us being pretty rotten at the start of last season also, and only survived after major surgery in January!

Celtic (L)
Partick (L)
St.J (L)
St.Mirren (W)
Hibs (D)
Dundee Utd (L)
Hearts (W)

Those were our first 7 last year. 7 points accumulated. Zero right now.

Motherwell (L)
Aberdeen (W)
Kilmarnock (L)

That's 10 games. So; 10 points total.

Inverness would be the 11th game but it was played on 1st Jan.

Your sums don't add up?

(09-24-2014, 07:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Your sums don't add up?

They sure don't! Fixed now, deary me Blush

Hmm, much healthier points last season at this point - thanks for that!

Even more concerned now!

I am sorry to say this but we are so bad that I honestly cant see where we will get 1 point from in the near future. We have been lumbered with some of the worst players I can remember. I feel sorry for the good players in the team trying their heart out only to see us lose stupid goals.

I think our rebuilding is going to be in the Championship. The only way is down and it is not even October yet!

(09-24-2014, 03:11 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Massive game. If we lose with the Celtic and ICT games coming up, losing our first eleven games is scarily becoming realistic.

I'd go with:

------------Brown-----------
Brittain--Barr--Frempah--Carey
-------------Balk------------
---------Irvine--Kiss--------
-de Leeuw--Boyce--Dingwall-

Subs: Reguero, Dressen, Ross, Maatsen, Cardle, Arquin, Jervis.

Fenlon, Dressen, Quinn, Cardle and Arquin drop out from the Hibs game. 1 or 2 changes from the Aberdeen/Hibs game isn't enough, we need a big change from that awful performances. What we've played isn't working and NEEDS to change. If we keep playing the same players, it isn't going to get any better.

Not convinced of the back four, but we haven't got anyone better to play there.

That midfield trio (Balk, Irvine, Kiss) is probably the best we've got and is potentially quite good.

We need more of a spark going forward, so I'd bring in Boyce and Dingwall. Boyce has looked a real goalscorer so far, Dingwall is fresh and has done brilliant in the development games.

County need to show a lot more passion and hardwork than they did last night to get anything from this game.

MdL has been poor over the last few games. I'd have Gardyne instead.

Brittain looked really fired up on Tuesday night when he came on. If he has to play right-back so be it. More of the same please!

Anyone's guess as to what we'll see on Saturday, certainly hope we can snatch something, but hard to see us turning this bad streak around anytime soon...

Check this optimistic bookie http://www.sportinglife.com/football/new...5/9488947/-?

Hope he's right but he's obviously not seen us play this season!!!!

(09-26-2014, 08:35 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Check this optimistic bookie http://www.sportinglife.com/football/new...5/9488947/-?

Hope he's right but he's obviously not seen us play this season!!!!

God - I hope he's right, was my birthday yesterday and couldn't get a better present at the moment than three points tomorrow!!! Angel

(09-25-2014, 09:00 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Brittain looked really fired up on Tuesday night when he came on. If he has to play right-back so be it. More of the same please!

With Boyd and Barr still out injured (RS Journal) and presumably Saunders too, yes I'd be happy with Brittain at right back.

Frempah and Dreesen/Balk in the centre.

Give Brittain the armband too.

Can't really see us winning this either but we need at least a point and the manager needs to begin to settle on a team. Boyce deserves a start and MDL needs a run in the team to rediscover some form. I wonder if Adams didn't start him (mdl) because his fitness level is so poor?
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.