Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gary Speed
Gary Speed found dead this morning in an apparent suicide. Tragic news. Seemed like a really decent guy.

Really gutted and sick by this tragedy. He was a model pro and a football icon. Thoughts go to his family.
Highlander29

I couldn't believe it when I saw the news , really sad by this and suicide? He always seemed to be a nice guy and had a laugh on Soccer Am , Soccer Saturday etc.

R.I.P A true great

A real shame. Was a good player and came across as a decent bloke.

RIP.

Can only echo what's being said.

Fantastic player, and for me personally ,one of those players/icons who stuck out and will always remember from the years where i really became a football fan.

Such a tragedy and my thoughts are with his wife and two sons, along with family and firends.

RIP

Cracking player and a model pro. A massive loss.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I suppose this begs the question why, the only plus that can come out of this is the stigma of mental illness need not be a taboo.
Highlander29

Just horrible news, I can't believe it.

(11-28-2011, 06:41 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I suppose this begs the question why, the only plus that can come out of this is the stigma of mental illness need not be a taboo.

In the 21st Century, it should not be. I'm a mental health nurse and the ignorance some people show (especially the press) is staggering at times. 1 in 5 people will suffer depressive symptoms in the UK at some time in their life and this can lead to further problems if not treated correctly.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.