Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kevin Luckassen - Sold
It appears we have finally sold Luckassen to Slovan Liberec after-all.

Dutch and Czech press both reporting it.

(thought this would merit a new thread given the state of the other one)
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Smart business. Was Jimmy Scott the last player we actually sold for a transfer fee?

Prudent piece of business. Unusual for any Scottish club to get a fee for a player who is not a first team regular.

Hope there's a few add ons in the deal, as he's definitely going to improve as he grows. The three yr contracts for the Dutch boys have already been paid for by this deal.

Here's an article from Friday, via the Herald website, that I've only just seen:

Quote:Derek Adams, the Ross County manager, is ready to finalise the sale of striker Kevin Luckassen to Slovan Liberec of Czech Republic.

The Dutchman has failed to score in eight starts and seven substitute appearances this season and has been granted time to train with Liberec in the Algarve.

The Czech club have discussed an offer with County and Adams has admitted that the fee involved is too good for the Highland club to turn down. "They have made their intentions known and they would like to take the player. They are looking to finance a deal to do that," said Adams, who also revealed that goalkeeper Michael Fraser has been sidelined after having an appendix operation.

"It would be a good bit of business if it was to happen. Given the money they are talking about, we couldn't say no, really."

I think he's got a good future ahead of him. Disappointed that his future isn't with County but if the money is right then it's understandable.

Sounds like a good bit of business by the club. Thought he had shown potential but was not ready for the SPFL yet. Hopefully we got a decent fee with a sell on clause etc.

Looks like 'Millwall' won't be making his Europa debut this week though Smile

Will we try to get Steven Ross back from Brora?
Leaves us with Gary Glen as backup to Arquin/Slew.

I'm somewhat sad to see him go as it would have been interesting to watch him develop with us but it's a good bit of business for the club

(02-20-2014, 12:13 AM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Here's an article from Friday, via the Herald website, that I've only just seen:

Quote:Derek Adams, the Ross County manager, is ready to finalise the sale of striker Kevin Luckassen to Slovan Liberec of Czech Republic.

The Dutchman has failed to score in eight starts and seven substitute appearances this season and has been granted time to train with Liberec in the Algarve.

The Czech club have discussed an offer with County and Adams has admitted that the fee involved is too good for the Highland club to turn down. "They have made their intentions known and they would like to take the player. They are looking to finance a deal to do that," said Adams, who also revealed that goalkeeper Michael Fraser has been sidelined after having an appendix operation.

"It would be a good bit of business if it was to happen. Given the money they are talking about, we couldn't say no, really."

I think he's got a good future ahead of him. Disappointed that his future isn't with County but if the money is right then it's understandable.

What money was it,or is it getting rid of wage

Hearing a lot of people saying "good bit of business" or "That's the dutch project paid for itself with this deal..."? Do we actually know what money was involved here - or are we just putting a good spin on the sale of a player?

Jailender reporting the fee was £1.5m - finding that hard to believe?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

More in P&J tomorrow presumably:

Stephen Kasiewicz ‏@SKasiewicz
Ross County agree a fee with Slovan Liberec for forward Kevin Luckassen.

(02-20-2014, 12:34 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hearing a lot of people saying "good bit of business" or "That's the dutch project paid for itself with this deal..."? Do we actually know what money was involved here - or are we just putting a good spin on the sale of a player?

Jailender reporting the fee was £1.5m - finding that hard to believe?

After the Kettlewell debacle I don't believe a [censored] word he says!! Angry

( Wink - probably not well enough known on here for folk to be sure that was sarcastic!)

(02-20-2014, 12:34 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Jailender reporting the fee was £1.5m - finding that hard to believe?

Some people eh!!!
If only they would read the who threat of tweets and not just cherry pick bits!

If you cared to read the who chain of tweets you would have seen that I was tweet a Caley fan, and I made reference to the 'Billy Mckay cost calculator' and the figures I mentioned went up with every tweet (as per their tweets/valuation of Mckay)

It was oviously a piss take! And in no way a serious tweet.

Some people take life to seriously though!

As for Luckassen, I think its a good move for all involved. County get a bit of cash, and its quite obvious that he was only going to have a bit part to play this season anyway.

Hopefully he gets on well with the new club (if he passes his medical today and the deal officially goes through).

(02-20-2014, 01:34 PM)staggie1746 Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 12:34 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Jailender reporting the fee was £1.5m - finding that hard to believe?

After the Kettlewell debacle I don't believe a [censored] word he says!! Angry

( Wink - probably not well enough known on here for folk to be sure that was sarcastic!)

I believe that he used (or fabricated if you are a cynic) the Kettlewell story as a ploy of misdirection, therefore allowing him to report other stories which would appear to be 'far reaching' but which carry a fair bit of truth behind it. Thus continuing to break the big stories correctly while throwing off the rivals who follow him for inside info.

I see what you are doing......
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

MFR saying Luckassen having a medical with them today.
Adams - "We would have liked to develop Kevin, that was the plan with these young players, but the money on offer is too good to turn down"

Undisclosed fee I suspect will be the official line, but agree that it's probably good business for both club and player.....

(02-20-2014, 02:09 PM)Mackie Wrote: I believe that he used (or fabricated if you are a cynic) the Kettlewell story as a ploy of misdirection, therefore allowing him to report other stories which would appear to be 'far reaching' but which carry a fair bit of truth behind it. Thus continuing to break the big stories correctly while throwing off the rivals who follow him for inside info.

I see what you are doing......

Totally sold on this.
The Jailender's infallibility is restored.

Yes sorry Jailender, I did pick up your tweets incorrectly - was hoping it was true that we sold Kevin for £1.5m....that would have been the story of the season! However, I was hoping for a response to try and confirm what he went for......I suspect it'll be reported as "undisclosed fee"

1.5 Million might not be that far off the mark. 1.5 Million Koruna is about £45,068 after all!*

*Please note there is nothing serious in this post, as pretty much per usual

(02-20-2014, 02:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: MFR saying Luckassen having a medical with them today.
Adams - "We would have liked to develop Kevin, that was the plan with these young players, but the money on offer is too good to turn down"

MFR wow is he taking over from Tich!!!

(02-19-2014, 11:29 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Prudent piece of business. Unusual for any Scottish club to get a fee for a player who is not a first team regular.

Exactly mmmmmm