Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rooting For Partick
My initiall, knee jerk, thought about tonight was to hope for a St Johnstone win to keep Partick behind us but, given our form since the turn of the year, I've changed my mind.

Given the clear quality of the players we've brought in and the upturn in our fortunes I believe we should now be looking above us instead of below us.

I would rather the Perth Saints dropped points to give us a chance of catching them and maybe, just maybe, making top six again.

A draw would be the ideal result, given St. Johnstone are away to United on Saturday (United might be dreadful at the moment but St. Johnstone's away form is worse). Thistle getting a draw against the other Saints on Saturday would also be most welcome given that St. Mirren play Hearts a week tomorrow. Thankfully Celtic play both Kilmarnock and Saint Mirren in two of their next three games.

Having said that the above is conjecture and totally meaningless if County don't beat both Hearts and Kilmarnock.

Nuh, I'm sorry I'd be happy with putting a bit of distance between ourselves and Partick. It's no surprise that we have played better against the top six sides as the games are much more open - games against the scrappers like Partick, St Mirren, Hearts and Kilmarnock are likely to be harder due to the fact they are scrapping for survival like us.

We have more chance of getting shock results like Saturday against the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Caley.....just MHO though.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We should definitely be looking up and not down. We are not going to finish in the bottom 2 with the team we have now. There is no point in aiming for 10th, 9th, 8th or even 7th place. We have to aim for top six. We can be sure that the loan players will be. The shop window is much bigger in the top six.

Top six means that Hibs and St J have to drop points. Come on the Thistle!

Fail to win at home again. This must be starting to worry them. Happy with this to be honest. Gives us a wee bit of breathing space, lets hope we can build on it. Aim has to be for Premiership football next season!

Can't afford to get complacent. Hearts and Partick losing every week is precisely what we want. [/align]

Agreed, looking up is the thing to do, but we need other results to favour us as well - Hearts and Partick dropping points just means we have some breathing space.....

(01-22-2014, 07:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Can't afford to get complacent. Hearts and Partick losing every week is precisely what we want. [/align]

I agree just to stay up,and entertain support second half of season,if we go for it like against United !wow! We are in for a treat.
The other clubs will also strengthen but hopefully we can take off,survival is my hope

I think if we play that well on a regular basis, we'll beat a few sides in the top six and be in no danger. But, at this stage, getting a gap between us and the play off spot is all I'm focusing.

(01-22-2014, 06:00 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think if we play that well on a regular basis, we'll beat a few sides in the top six and be in no danger. But, at this stage, getting a gap between us and the play off spot is all I'm focusing.

100% agree!