Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Staggies v partick
[No excuses team today against partick shocking no defence no forwards and nothing in between Relagation fodder embarrassing [/i]

Worst of all, no grammar!

For the first time in over 40 years following County I left before full time. Words actually fail me. I know it's a new team settling in but ....... Where now? The return of Brittain next week will help but the formation with so many defenders none of whom could see the pass out of defence was not going to work and did not work. Midfield did not exist becasue Thistle flooded it with players. There was a 10 minute improvement in the first half when Munro moved forward but that soon reverted. One striker without good support just does not work. What's the point in having so many defenders on the park when they cannot defend? There are several thousand very disappointed supporters out here. This very far from the standard of play, commitment and passion we expect. Mr Adams redemption is in your hands.

[Image: tumblr_m4vf2iBoKH1r5jt46o1_400.gif]

(08-10-2013, 05:21 PM)the reaper Wrote: For the first time in over 40 years following County I left before full time. Words actually fail me. I know it's a new team settling in but ....... Where now? The return of Brittain next week will help but the formation with so many defenders none of whom could see the pass out of defence was not going to work and did not work. Midfield did not exist becasue Thistle flooded it with players. There was a 10 minute improvement in the first half when Munro moved forward but that soon reverted. One striker without good support just does not work. What's the point in having so many defenders on the park when they cannot defend? There are several thousand very disappointed supporters out here. This very far from the standard of play, commitment and passion we expect. Mr Adams redemption is in your hands.

Have to agree - formation today just didn't work - we have very little in reserve and I can't see much fight in Maatsen or De Leeuw - and Mustafi needs more game time in U20's.....this could be a very long season if we are not careful!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-10-2013, 06:03 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m4vf2iBoKH1r5jt46o1_400.gif]

Dont see the connection????
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

It's me entering this thread then swiftly exiting after seeing what was on offer inside.

Calm down folks - big changes going on at County - stay with it - we are missing three key players in Boyd, Brittain and Sproule - it's tough if you are new to this league - you don't get time on the ball and time to think about that clever pass - we spent too much time thinking today - we need to get our sleeves rolled up and get into the fight - today the fight is what was missing!

Before we all get our panties in a twist and start going all "Woe, is me......won't someone think of the children" can I just point out a little quirky August County Fact
  • August 13th 2011 away to Hamilton 5-1 loss. We went onto win the 1st Division with ease.
  • August 28th 2012 home to Raith 4-1 loss. We finished in the top 6 of the SPL at first time of asking

If anything....that's an improvement.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

I'd ring the changes for next week away to St Johnstone - team below (ease in the new guys)

--------------------Brown-----------------
Kovacevic-----Boyd---Munro----Gordon
--------------------------------------------
Sproule------Brittain--Quinn-------Carey
--------------------------------------------
--------------------------De Leeuw-------
-----------------Luckassen---------------

I think we played with far too many defenders on the park in the first half - think this was Adams making up for the loss of Richie, Scott and Ivan - the team above has more fight about it and enough SPL experience to get us a result.....

(08-10-2013, 07:34 PM)Mackie Wrote: Before we all get our panties in a twist and start going all "Woe, is me......won't someone think of the children" can I just point out a little quirky August County Fact
  • August 13th 2011 away to Hamilton 5-1 loss. We went onto win the 1st Division with ease.
  • August 28th 2012 home to Raith 4-1 loss. We finished in the top 6 of the SPL at first time of asking

If anything....that's an improvement.

Keep taking the tablets! This is the worst psychology I've seen in a long time. Truth is todays game was absolutely abysmal. Either da has come woefully short on the players he's bought or he's come come up even shorter in his managerial ability to deploying the players in a positive formation. Too much negativity with pass backs, a midfield devoid of football ability and in general players without a clue of what's being asked of them. Brown was our man of the match by mile. Professional and competent. DA has a problem which I don't envy and should be given the support which people people in these positions should be afforded.

Or maybe the team just got beat. Astonishingly this happens in football but going by some of the knicker-wetting hand-wringers on here (and at the game today) you would think that nobody gets beat. Ever.

(08-10-2013, 08:21 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Or maybe the team just got beat. Astonishingly this happens in football but going by some of the knicker-wetting hand-wringers on here (and at the game today) you would think that nobody gets beat. Ever.

I was there also, and I can understand people being angry after watching that - no cohesion in he team today - simple fact is, we were well beaten today in all departments - the hing that will annoy most people like me, wa he lack of spirit in the side.....they looked clueless at times!

We need to get this game out of our heads as quickly as possible and get Brittain, Sproule and Boyd back and get back to basics - and get the 5-4-1 thing to **ck!

(08-10-2013, 08:21 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Or maybe the team just got beat. Astonishingly this happens in football but going by some of the knicker-wetting hand-wringers on here (and at the game today) you would think that nobody gets beat. Ever.

Yeah, the team can get beat, I can accept that. But it was the manner of the defeat, and lack of commitment. Even if they had run around like headless chickens, throwing themselves into challenges that would have been better than just standing and watching, which happened too much.

It isn't knee-jerk, it is reality. Hopefully it was just the formation that foxed them and we will start to play (with a traditional County formation) from next week....hopefully.

(08-10-2013, 08:38 PM)cdam Wrote:

Yeah, the team can get beat, I can accept that. But it was the manner of the defeat, and lack of commitment. Even if they had run around like headless chickens, throwing themselves into challenges that would have been better than just standing and watching, which happened too much.

It isn't knee-jerk, it is reality. Hopefully it was just the formation that foxed them and we will start to play (with a traditional County formation) from next week....hopefully.

Agree 100% with you CDAM, it's the manner of defeat that had me scratching my head on the way home in the car - that has to have been down to the formation in first half which had far too many defenders on the park - fact is, Thistle bullied us today and we stood and watched them.....not acceptable for a County team - sort it Derek!

No need to panic guys, he were splattered by Hamilton before we begun the 40 game unbeaten run to win the league.

HOWEVER.

It's clear we do not have the personnel to stick with the 5-4-1 formation- or whatever it is we tried to play today as Kova and Gordon were so often unsure of their position that we were often playing 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 with Maatsen also unsure of where he should be positioned in regards to this.

Also, the lack of the two wide players meant that the attacking nature of Gordon and Kova was curtailed and as the first half wore on they found themselves further and further back to cover the vulnerability to pace of Munro, Mcic and McLean. You could have driven the 25X through some of the gaps County were leaving at the back- and Partick could have found them more often if their final ball was of a higher quality.

More thoughts later but I'm about to go into town for a few jars.

Not sure which thread to start this on but here goes.

Positives, despite what anyone else says in Melvin the lion I can see a good footballer with plenty of skill and commitment, Gordon much the same. Klok not enought time but still looked solid. Carey plenty of skill, wee bit more commitment and fine. Second half would have been fine but for Munro's howler, [censored] happens. Boyd and Brittain will be back

Negatives, 3 central defenders doesn't work, on the positive side I'm sure we recognise that now and won't repeat it. Mustafi is not the answer up front, at least not yet. Maatsen needs more game time but may not be good enough.

We got mugged by a Partick team on the end of a good run just like we were at this time last year. A few bad mistakes made it look worse than it was. As usual the moaners started as soon as there was any sign of a problem which obviously is no helptoma team struggling to gel, c'est la vie.

Still positive that we'll progress and be top six.

I'm not panicking. Only one person is responsible for that loss. And I'm sure Derek knows that. The 5 at the back is a disaster, and we were slightly better when we went to a 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2, it was evident that pre-season had been wasted practicing a useless formation and when we finally changed, nobody was 100% used to it. We need to concentrate on 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2 in training this week. Fortunately, with Brittain, Sproule and potentially Boyd coming back, it should be easier to make that transition.

Also, while there's a number of players who played well below par today, I'd be quite happy not to see Brian McLean again any time soon.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(08-10-2013, 05:12 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Worst of all, no grammar!

The point I made was fact you make no point atall,
But critise my wee line ,hide behind you computer sleaseball

(08-10-2013, 05:21 PM)the reaper Wrote: For the first time in over 40 years following County I left before full time. Words actually fail me. I know it's a new team settling in but ....... Where now? The return of Brittain next week will help but the formation with so many defenders none of whom could see the pass out of defence was not going to work and did not work. Midfield did not exist becasue Thistle flooded it with players. There was a 10 minute improvement in the first half when Munro moved forward but that soon reverted. One striker without good support just does not work. What's the point in having so many defenders on the park when they cannot defend? There are several thousand very disappointed supporters out here. This very far from the standard of play, commitment and passion we expect. Mr Adams redemption is in your hands.

Must say I agree very disgruntled support, I honestly cannot see anything in matters on or whatever he is called ,and mastiff was shocking no excuses this lot need sorted out big time.
Oh by the way watch our grammar there is a swot watching knows NowThere about football,but picks up mistakes sad is he not.

Must say I agree very disgruntled support, I honestly cannot see anything in matters on or whatever he is called ,and mastiff was shocking no excuses this lot need sorted out big time.
Oh by the way watch our grammar there is a swot watching knows NowThere about football,but picks up mistakes sad is he not.

Watch your grammar launch loans watching oooooh sad eh

(08-10-2013, 10:00 PM)Gadgicoff Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 05:12 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Worst of all, no grammar!

The point I made was fact you make no point atall,
But critise my wee line ,hide behind you computer sleaseball

Watch your grammar launch loans watching oooooh sad eh

Right, that's it - put your hat on and stand in the corner Smile