OvertheBridge
January Window - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: January Window (/showthread.php?tid=2481)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: January Window - Westhillstaggies - 01-03-2022

Monthestaggies98 Wrote:Donaldson has joined Dunfermline on loan , malky must have some defenders lined up letting him go the day after Clarkes departure

I had been expecting to see Donaldson released, but thought the club would hang onto him after Clarkes departure, definitely must have someone lined up to come in

RE: January Window - Westhillstaggies - 01-03-2022

tattiedave Wrote:This is where we are as a club with this policy of loan signings, which may be a stop gap to build up a squad good enough to compete in the SPFL.
I have never been a big fan of loan signings,but the quality of them this season has been there for all to see.
We get a decent player on loan,it showcases him and as in the case of Harry,it looks like it has worked for Harry and Arsenal ,as Arsenal get a fee for a player they would have been releasing in the summer,Harry goes to a much bigger club than County.
Disappointing to lose him,now Malky has his work cut out to find someone of same quality or better.

Either way, it's a dirty, nasty underhand way of hibs conducting their business, I can't think of any other cases where a loan player has been recalled for this reason, usually only happens if the parent club has an injury crisis and need the player or if its off no benefit to the player/parent club because he's not playing

RE: January Window - Brick on the wall - 01-03-2022

For us it’s disappointing in the extreme as he is a quality player and will be very much missed.

However we must see it from the player’s prospective. He is a young player with a good future in the game and to get a chance of a full time job with a club that can pay him a salary we cannot afford seems absolutely fair in my opinion.

I wish we were in that bracket but unfortunately we are not. Hopefully more people will buy in to the Staggies Army concept and help fund the club but we really have to accept that we are a small club which continually punches above it’s weight and appreciate what we have.

RE: January Window - Monthestaggies98 - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 06:43 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: However we must see it from the player’s prospective. He is a young player with a good future in the game and to get a chance of a full time job with a club that can pay him a salary we cannot afford seems absolutely fair in my opinion.

to be honest the player might not have too much of a decision , it’ll be Arsenal wanting money for him rather than losing him on a pre contract

RE: January Window - ShawIsDynamite - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 06:43 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I wish we were in that bracket but unfortunately we are not. Hopefully more people will buy in to the Staggies Army concept and help fund the club but we really have to accept that we are a small club which continually punches above it’s weight and appreciate what we have.

First of all, there are numerous supporters who felt the whole "Staggie Army" initiative was a total con. There won't be many more paying into it than there are currently.

Secondly, we are where we are on merit. It's not by luck or chance.

RE: January Window - tattiedave - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 02:28 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: I had been expecting to see Donaldson released, but thought the club would hang onto him after Clarkes departure, definitely must have someone lined up to come in
Grivosti may get recalled from Elgin ?

RE: January Window - Monthestaggies98 - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 09:04 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Grivosti may get recalled from Elgin ?

I may be wrong but I’m sure grivosti’s loan ends in January anyway

RE: January Window - USSR Tycoon - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 09:04 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Grivosti may get recalled from Elgin ?
Yeh if he stays clear on injury. Our already dodgy defence has now weakened even more. The transfer window is meant be about strengthening. The early signs are discouraging to say the least. We need to break the bank just to replace Clark and break even……never mind improve!

RE: January Window - Brick on the wall - 01-04-2022

(01-03-2022, 08:44 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: First of all, there are numerous supporters who felt the whole "Staggie Army" initiative was a total con. There won't be many more paying into it than there are currently.

Secondly, we are where we are on merit. It's not by luck or chance.
First of all,
A con means the use of deceit or trickery, whereas the costs and benefits of Staggies Army membership were/are clearly spelt out.

It is understandably not suitable for every supporter for many reasons eg their financial support may be focused internally or elsewhere and that is absolutely understandable and anyway you don’t need to be a member to be a true fan.
However the facts are that if it is something that a supporter can suitably afford then it is a definite benefit to the club, that’s all it’s about, don’t come up with some conspiracy theory about it.

Secondly, I am confused, are you actually saying something positive about RCFC or am I missing some underhand dig you are making?

RE: January Window - ShawIsDynamite - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 08:46 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: First of all,
A con means the use of deceit or trickery, whereas the costs and benefits of Staggies Army membership were/are clearly spelt out.

It is understandably not suitable for every supporter for many reasons eg their financial support may be focused internally or elsewhere and that is absolutely understandable and anyway you don’t need to be a member to be a true fan.
However the facts are that if it is something that a supporter can suitably afford then it is a definite benefit to the club, that’s all it’s about, don’t come up with some conspiracy theory about it.

Secondly, I am confused, are you actually saying something positive about RCFC or am I missing some underhand dig you are making?

Firstly, please use a suitable font on the forum. 

The whole Staggie Army concept left an incredible sour taste with a lot of supporters. Surely you understand the reasons? 

Lastly, as previously stated the club are where they are on merit. It isn't by luck or chance. The club has always had a positive atmosphere, unfortunately employing a racist, homophobic, sexist has upset the trend.

Glad to help x

RE: January Window - Brick on the wall - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 05:55 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: The whole Staggie Army concept left an incredible sour taste with a lot of supporters. Surely you understand the reasons? 

No, I must have missed that post

The club has always had a positive atmosphere, unfortunately employing a racist, homophobic, sexist has upset the trend.

He/she/they (whichever you are) doth protest too much, methinks.

RE: January Window - Westhillstaggies - 01-05-2022

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:Firstly, please use a suitable font on the forum. 

The whole Staggie Army concept left an incredible sour taste with a lot of supporters. Surely you understand the reasons? 

Lastly, as previously stated the club are where they are on merit. It isn't by luck or chance. The club has always had a positive atmosphere, unfortunately employing a racist, homophobic, sexist has upset the trend.

Glad to help x

I'm guessing your new year resolution wasn't to be a little less judgemental and forgiving of others for long since past mistakes then

RE: January Window - ShawIsDynamite - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 12:16 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: I'm guessing your new year resolution wasn't to be a little less judgemental and forgiving of others for long since past mistakes then

We'd be in 2023 by the time you forgave all his sins. I'd prefer to give forgiveness to those who show a bit first.

The Clarke move to Hibs now appears to be for 18 months and doesn't include an option to buy, but a break clause similar to that they used with ourselves. Arsenal fans seem to think the move to Hibs was so that he can play in the top six split fixtures. Interesting to see how that works out.

RE: January Window - Staggy1929 - 01-05-2022

Losing Clarke is huge. We need to strengthen both at right back and centre back now. Ideally I'd have wanted a striker in as well but I doubt the budget will allow it.

RE: January Window - USSR Tycoon - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Losing Clarke is huge. We need to strengthen both at right back and centre back now. Ideally I'd have wanted a striker in as well but I doubt the budget will allow it.
Thing is with Clark we had two positions in one player. Not only was he our best defender he was also our most dangerous attacker.

RE: January Window - Pete The Jakey - 01-05-2022

If true kinda gutting he’s gone on loan to a rival.

RE: January Window - tattiedave - 01-06-2022

(01-05-2022, 09:31 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: If true kinda gutting he’s gone on loan to a rival.
Press yesterday saying he is contracted to Arsenal until 2023, not summer 2022 and Hibs trying to come to a deal on an 18 month loan.

RE: January Window - It's Only A Game - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 08:38 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Press yesterday saying he is contracted to Arsenal until 2023, not summer 2022 and Hibs trying to come to a deal on an 18 month loan.
Really sorry to see him go. He's a class act. I wish all the best to Harry and I'm sure he'll have a successful career. The whole business stinks to me from both Arsenal and Hibs. It must have been Hibs who approached Arsenal with the idea. Presumably County didn't know about the Hibs deal when Harry was recalled by Arsenal, or if they did I hope they at least  made their feelings known about the deal.
There's no question that losing him is a major blow. As someone else said. it's understandable that a loaned out player might be called back to his club after a few months in case of being needed through player shortage and injuries, but just so he can be loaned out again to another club competing in the same league is below the belt. I really hope Hibs don't get into the top 6 if that is the reason for cancelling the loan.

RE: January Window - dr3 - 01-10-2022

Oliver Denham rumoured to be joining from Cardiff U23's.

His bio reads:

"18-year-old Oliver Denham joined Cardiff City's U23 side in September 2020, and is a product of Manchester United's academy.

The Wales youth international offers defensive versatility to the Bluebirds' squad, being comfortable at centre-half and right-back, and made his competitive debut for City in a Carabao Cup tie against Brighton & Hove Albion in August 2021."

RE: January Window - RCChimp - 01-11-2022

22 year old CB Declan Drysdale from Coventry City joined to the end of the season.
Played league 1&2 down there and is a very decent 6-5 tall giving some much needed height at the back. Can also play as a defensive midfield