OvertheBridge
County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 (/showthread.php?tid=2465)

Pages: 1 2

County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Diotor - 10-12-2021

Quickly becoming a game we really need to take some points from. St. Mirren are unbeaten in five, score more than we do and let in less.

If we play like we did in the second half against Dundee Utd we are more than capable of taking points off St. Mirren but we have to stop the defensive errors (as has been with every season for years) and actually score some goals. 

Maybe Dominic Samuel to start as White isn't scoring and Alex Samuel looks awful?

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Forfinn - 10-12-2021

Is it a must win? Perhaps not yet, but we can't be far off that.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - It's Only A Game - 10-12-2021

Three home games coming up from which we have to get minimum 6 points. Hibs will be difficult, so it's St Mirren and Livingston. These are two of the home games we must win if we're going to have any chance of climbing the table. Sandwiched in between is Dundee away where we have to get at least a draw. So come November we'll have a pretty clear idea of where the rest of the season is going to go.! Anything less than 7 points from 12 will be worrying...

We have to translate playing reasonably well into getting points.

I really hope we get 3 decent home crowds getting behind the team and the manager.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - RCChimp - 10-12-2021

All of our recent games are turning out to be harder than we thought at the start of the season. Here we go again unbeaten in 5..
However this time I think maybe they could be a little complacent. Everyone will view us as winnable games, home or away and our tally to date will confirm their thinking.
I think if we start quickly we will win at least 2-0, but we need to take the game to them early on..

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - dr3 - 10-15-2021

Really important game tomorrow, 3 points is a must at this early stage of the season. I still think White is our best option up front, but he needs support up there. Going to be difficult to shoe horn RCC, Hungbo, Spittal and Callachan in to the team. I guess one will miss out, and i reckon it will be Hungbo, as he looks to be an excellent option off the bench. Hopefully, Vokins will at least be back in the squad. Looking forward to seeing him and having a settled left back in the team.

4-2-3-1

GK Maynard Brewer
RB Clarke
CB Baldwin
CB Iacovitti
LB Vokins

CDM Paton
CDM Cancola

RW Spittal
CAM Callachan
LW RCC

ST White

Would love for a good performance and a 2 or 3-0 win. But at the moment id take a honking performance and a win!

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - DORTAIN - 10-15-2021

Would like to see Laidlaw and Hungbo starting- feel more confident with Laidlaw in goal

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - county AML - 10-16-2021

(10-15-2021, 11:01 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: Would like to see Laidlaw and Hungbo starting- feel more confident with Laidlaw in goal
Agreed on Laidlaw Brewers kicking is Bloody awful kicks it directly out of the park at least 50% of the time so giving advantage back to the opposition not sure about about Hungbo looks really strong on the ball but who do you drop to the bench

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - ShawIsDynamite - 10-16-2021

Seems the reviews about Baldwin were indeed correct.

Unless we come out of this with a win, it is time for Malcolm to go.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - falkirkstaggie - 10-16-2021

3-1.

Oh dear this is just comedy isn’t it.

(10-16-2021, 03:44 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: 3-1.

Oh dear this is just comedy isn’t it.

I must admit having a chuckle when they showed Malcolm after the third. The look of utter bewilderment was comical.

(10-16-2021, 03:56 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: I must admit having a chuckle when they showed Malcolm after the third. The look of utter bewilderment was comical.

Tbh it’s just not good enough. We show glimpses of good football then have a massive list of comical errors.

(10-16-2021, 04:00 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Tbh it’s just not good enough. We show glimpses of good football then have a massive list of comical errors.

Do we though? We spent the majority of that first half just hitting it long hoping it would stick. We are a distinctively below par side. 

Huge second half coming up.

(10-16-2021, 04:05 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Do we though? We spent the majority of that first half just hitting it long hoping it would stick. We are a distinctively below par side. 

Huge second half coming up.

I don’t mean good glimpses in this game I meant others.

(10-16-2021, 04:07 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: I don’t mean good glimpses in this game I meant others.

They seem to be performing worse as the weeks go on. St Mirren are battering us.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Diotor - 10-16-2021

Really starting to get Owen Coyle vibes off this County team.

All the passing is pointless if you don't take chances and cannot defend to save yourself. I just do not see where the goals or clean sheets are going to come from.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - county AML - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 04:00 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Tbh it’s just not good enough. We show glimpses of good football then have a massive list of comical errors.
thats a nice way to say 70 minutes of slow predictable negative s***e littered with unforced errors just a total embarrassment if more than 6 of that team are playing next week then the manager needs sacked

(10-16-2021, 05:21 PM)Diotor Wrote: Really starting to get Owen Coyle vibes off this County team.

All the passing is pointless if you don't take chances and cannot defend to save yourself. I just do not see where the goals or clean sheets are going to come from.

Even Coyle managed eleven points in his first nine, and he inherited a squad opposed to taking all summer to build one up.

However this was to be expected, we employed a man who hadn't managed in five years. He is outdated (in more ways than one). This talk of nice passing football is nonsense, today we spent the majority of the game going long as we had no idea. Malcolm has to go.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - It's Only A Game - 10-16-2021

Trying to look for positives, we definitely improved in the second half, though that wasn't difficult to achieve !

The one other positive point from today's performance is that Clarke is a cut above everyone else. He really is a quality player. I hope we can keep him fit for his loan stay with us. He must wonder where he's come to...

To rub salt into the wounds, as I write Dundee are winning 2-0. I suppose that's kind of another positive - Aberdeen are nearly as bad as us.

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Polarbare - 10-16-2021

Can we get a managerial loan?

RE: County vs St. Mirren 16/10 - Brick on the wall - 10-16-2021

On BBC sport report it quotes Malky as saying ….it’s not the team selection, it’s those individual errors that have to stop. Second part agreed, first part sorry but there is a time that comes when management have to stand up and say they got it wrong and today, they got not only the team selection wrong but also what little tactics there were, were wrong too.

Burroughs is not a left back and it is unfair on him to keep playing him there, they realised that early in second half and rightly changed him for Ben Paton who in the absence of Vokin should have been there in the first place. Ie this was a wasted substitution.

RCC kicked the ball a few times in the first half and fell over as often as not. He made some small contribution in the second half but really does he want to play for us ? It doesn’t come across to me if he does. Look at the difference between him and Hungbo who gives his all - yet gets left on the bench.

A. Samuel is drafted in as centre forward and fed balls in exactly the same way as we do for White which is pointless as he can’t jump. Feel sorry for him as he never got a ball to feet or a decent cross to work with.

Defensively there is no leadership - Baldwin has been handed the armband but on last two outings display he couldn’t organise a fish supper. Clarke needs to be given the lead role in defence and the authority to control it.

Sorry Malky you need to take a very long look at yourself before you pin everything on individual mistakes, as you lay out the team plan which is becoming abundantly obvious as only being plan A. If you rearrange personnel maybe give plan B or C a thought.

Roll on next Saturday………..can’t wait