Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Relegated
They put up a darn good fight, but it seems that they'll be playing 1st Division football next season.

That is, assuming that Hearts don't go bust.

And that there's no last minute re-construction.
(Insert humorous quip here)

Shame, but they may be back sooner than they think; remember, this is the SPL. Could be a very different look in a couple of months. I hear that Doncaster and co. are thinking of introducing 4 quarters with cheerleaders and hoops instead of goals. Oh and unicorns, don't forget the Unicorns.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, i am genuinly sorry that Dundee are down, great support and hopefully back very soon.

My bet is on 2nd year in the SPL by default.

[Image: 20130503136756814628708.gif]

Good riddance. Hopefully only the two trips to Dundee next season.

1. A bit harsh, considering we were prepared to face a similar fate this time last year...

2. Surely a Paolo Di Canio celebration would have been a better choice?

[Image: ibmIXgRFTHcMTg.gif]

A shocking dive by the aberdeen player to win that penalty.

And what was mcginns celebration infront of the dundee fans all about, his own fans were at that side of the park but he chose to run the other way and give it do the "right up ya" fist pump, pretty classless thing to do imo!

(05-05-2013, 07:15 PM)ShiningStagie16 Wrote: 1. A bit harsh, considering we were prepared to face a similar fate this time last year...

2. Surely a Paolo Di Canio celebration would have been a better choice?

[Image: ibmIXgRFTHcMTg.gif]

Poor mans Mourinho IMO:

[Image: JoseMourinho_KneeSlide.gif]
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(05-05-2013, 07:29 PM)frankthetank Wrote: A shocking dive by the aberdeen player to win that penalty.

I see that he's being pulled up for it by the powers that be.

He should have the book thrown at him. I know that some players go down easily in the box even some of our own at times but Pawlett's was not case of going down under light contact it was blatant, and not even very well executed, cheating and it is far from the first time he's done it.

He is a decent player but has become an embarrassment to his club and Scottish football in general would be better off without him.

It is amazing though that Bomber might still get into trouble regarding his comments about the dive, even although it has been declared a dive by the SFA.

(05-07-2013, 08:03 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: He should have the book thrown at him. I know that some players go down easily in the box even some of our own at times but Pawlett's was not case of going down under light contact it was blatant, and not even very well executed, cheating and it is far from the first time he's done it.

He is a decent player but has become an embarrassment to his club and Scottish football in general would be better off without him.

Will the diving Celtic players be pulled up after their show on Sunday against County?
Commons, Izaguirre both highly embarrassing the way they were throwing themselves to the ground.
Commons was constantly hitting the deck for no apparent reason.
Izaguirre, players weren’t near him when he decided to hit the ground.

(05-07-2013, 08:03 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: He should have the book thrown at him. I know that some players go down easily in the box even some of our own at times but Pawlett's was not case of going down under light contact it was blatant, and not even very well executed, cheating and it is far from the first time he's done it.

Not being up to speed on football law but ...... in this case the deliberate action of Mr Pawlett has potentially caused significant financial loss to Dundee FC by dint of their relegation. Can a club look for reparation from the individual (Pawlett) for their action or from the football authourities for not taking action to prevent this from happening and causing them loss? It will be particularly important if results in the next two games suggest that Dundee might have survived in the SPL had this not happened.

From what I can see this is a quite intentional and deliberate action. For this behaviour to be stamped out (and I note the comments re Celtic - and on occasion some of our own players) penalties need to be harsher. Would a 10, 15, 20 game suffice? Fining clubs will have no effect. Penalties need to impact both club and player. I would favour a 15 - 20 game ban for this. Harsh on the first one caught yes but it will really make others think hard.

It was a dive. But diving is part of the game.

(05-08-2013, 08:52 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: It was a dive. But diving is part of the game.

All the more reason to take strong steps to stamp it out. Two footed career ending tackles, barging the goalkeeper and racist abuse of players were once tolerated and 'part of the game'. Didn't make them right.

Stamp out this menace now.

(05-08-2013, 11:49 AM)Brora Boy Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 08:52 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: It was a dive. But diving is part of the game.

All the more reason to take strong steps to stamp it out. Two footed career ending tackles, barging the goalkeeper and racist abuse of players were once tolerated and 'part of the game'. Didn't make them right.

Spot on. By the fact it is still tolerated is one of the reasons folk no longer follow the game.

(05-08-2013, 12:16 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Spot on. By the fact it is still tolerated is one of the reasons folk no longer follow the game.

Erm, it quite clearly isn't tolerated

Pawlett's getting a 2 match ban, isn't he?
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(05-08-2013, 12:23 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 12:16 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Spot on. By the fact it is still tolerated is one of the reasons folk no longer follow the game.

Aye which means what exactly??

(05-08-2013, 12:28 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 12:23 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: [quote='wemyss77' pid='22867' dateline='1368011773']
Spot on. By the fact it is still tolerated is one of the reasons folk no longer follow the game.

Not sure why all the excitement over this one?
Happens all the time in the game (unfortunately)
A Caley player dived for a penalty against Ross County earlier this season, we got over it.
Time for Dundee and Brown to stop weeping.
Dundee were going down anyway (thankfully), I say that because their Chairman was a PRAT on TV before the Friday evening game against County at Dens.

(05-08-2013, 12:16 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 11:49 AM)Brora Boy Wrote:

Certainly isn't tolerated any more...but what about all the BAD decisions referees make....when will they become accountable for them..?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(05-08-2013, 12:28 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 12:23 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote:

That the player's conduct was outwith the laws of the game, hence sanctions have been imposed forbidding him from taking part in the next 2 games
Banning a player for a piece of conduct quite clearly demonstrates that said conduct will not be tolerated (or at least I thought it did)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013