Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County v Dundee Utd (Fri 26/04/2013)
Looking forward to this as not made a game since Hearts pre split, and not been back up North since we beat Celtic 3-2!

Bit out of touch with suspension's and what not, so what's the team looking like?

Any news on if Evan's out? I assume Boyd is returning also.

Dundee Utd always a bogey team so tough for me to call. Wolf up front again though please.

Boyd has served his suspension, however I would start Hainault ahead of him. Munro is one booking away from a suspension.

Same team as Sunday for me but if Evangelos is out then I hope Adams starts MacPhee.

Not be able to make the game because of time finish work . so will watch on tv .this Sunday's and Fridays are a nightmare for me but hope to make the ict gameso cmon the staggies Big Grin .you enjoy the game Alan speak soon

Bogey team for us. We are due a win but if St Johnstone and ICT draw and cancel each other out I would take a draw as I can see us getting at least a point against both Motherwell who are secure in second and Celtic who will be on their holidays and then beating ICT on the final day to scrape into the Europa League maybe on goal difference.

For Europe we must win on Friday ................

Any distractions in the Dundee Utd camp this week is welcomed news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22263443

Don't agree that Hainault should retain his place, Boyd should come straight back in.

If Oikonomou is injured, I really hope the manager doesn't think of playing Munro at left back like he did earlier in the season.

I'd bring Ketts back in, push Quinn to the left and play Vigurs at fullback.

Sacrificing Vigurs out of our midfield is a big call though, so I can understand the temptation to keep midfield to front the same, and just move Munro across and have Hainault and Boyd in the middle.

I really hope Oikonomou is fit.

At least Russell is crocked as his pace was a real handful the last time they were in Dingwall.

If Oik is out then surely MacPhee should get a chance, a left-back and captain of the U20s all season, has looked decent the times I've seen him.

(04-23-2013, 01:54 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Bogey team for us. We are due a win but if St Johnstone and ICT draw and cancel each other out I would take a draw as I can see us getting at least a point against both Motherwell who are secure in second and Celtic who will be on their holidays and then beating ICT on the final day to scrape into the Europa League maybe on goal difference.

It's a really big ask of the team, but I think we might have to take 7 out of 9 points before the Caley game, to have any chance to be honest.

Even if we do that, that means we have to hope they only take 4 points from their next 3 games, so we go into the last game only 2 points behind.

We need them to lose at St Johnstone, I think.

(04-23-2013, 02:04 PM)Strathglass Wrote: For Europe we must win on Friday ................

For once I agree this is a must-win game, if we want European fitba that is.

Hey, if we don't get a European place, it doesn't matter....the team have already achieved an amazing finish in the first SPL season.....but if they do get a European place....PARTY TIME!!,!,!,!,!

DU always seem to be our bogey team, though so I am not expecting more than a draw...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Information 
(04-23-2013, 04:48 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: If Oik is out then surely MacPhee should get a chance, a left-back and captain of the U20s all season, has looked decent the times I've seen him.

I reckon Canadian Internationalist Andre Hey-now will get the full back slot - if either Evangelos or Mihael are unavailable.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Unfortunately I think that the recent run of poor results has sunk our chances of European football but what a season to look back on! I'd like to see Ross, Cooper McPhee & Hainault getting some game time between now and end of season, Time to begin thinking about next season.

(04-23-2013, 08:47 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I reckon Canadian Internationalist Andre Hey-now will get the full back slot - if either Evangelos or Mihael are unavailable.
This.

"Unfortunately I think that the recent run of poor results has sunk our chances of European football but what a season to look back on! I'd like to see Ross, Cooper McPhee & Hainault getting some game time between now and end of season, Time to begin thinking about next season."

Not quite yet - a win on Friday followed by either a draw or a ST Johnstone win in the St Johnstone v ICT match on Saturday means its all up in the air. Celtic have already announced some of their top players are missing the following week, and then its Motherwell who will have already qualified for Europe. It might be a lot clearer by Saturday but as of now we should play our strongest side on Friday.

I'm flying up to Glasgow on biz today. It was arranged pre split so I didnt know the sodding fixture list. I'm trying to rearrange things so I can make the match and fly back Saturday from Inverness instead of Friday. If I can I'll be in the Mallard pre match (tall ugly bald prat with an Anglified accent looking lost wearing 07/ 08 Div2 Champs home shirt with County written on the tail) can't make the changes work I'm gonna be totaly gutted.

If Oki is out I doubt DA would want to disrupt the back line too much, certainly while theres still a chance we can overhaul Caley so I'd imagine Boyd and Munro at CB with Hainault at left back, if Oki Plays then Hainault and Munro at CB. The Wolf up front for me as well.
If we know we are out of the Euro slots then I agree its time to start looking at other players and maybe even alternative formations i.e. a 3 up front plan B for when its needed.

Hope to see you all at VP

Disappointed that I'm not going to make this one, I really enjoyed my last Friday football night escaped. Sadly I'm on an airport run which clashes with the 2nd half.
DPM Catering
Twitter | Facebook

If Oikonomou is out, then I'd play McPhee at left back.
I've seen him play there for the U20's all season and think he is more than capable of playing there for the first team.
He'd also add a good bit of pace to the back line.

(04-24-2013, 12:36 PM)thejailender Wrote: If Oikonomou is out, then I'd play McPhee at left back.
I've seen him play there for the U20's all season and think he is more than capable of playing there for the first team.
He'd also add a good bit of pace to the back line.

He can certainly strike it as well. Scored some screamers with Elgin last season.

Edited to add: I hate Dundee Utd.

According to the North Star Oikonomou is fit.