Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Football Manager 2012
Anyone else playing it ? I start unemployed and take it from there usually.

Hoping to play it next week when I get home. Mixed reviews so far.

Highlander29

I wasn't so keen on 11, but I'll pick this one up as usual and kiss goodbye to my sleep.

Started off with county as i always do. Not made any changes to the squad. Am at november and not lost a league game yet! Fantatic squad. Celtic knocked me out of communities cup and about to play raith in challange cup final. Game play not really diffrent to fm11, layout a bit confusing to start with. The new team talk feature is good.

Have you got a list of wonderkids ? I could do with a hand a little.
Feel free to add any other hidden gems too, I have searched online and nothing seems to be down.
Highlander29

2001-02 is where it's at. Never bettered. Two words. Martin Palermo.

(11-01-2011, 09:04 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: 2001-02 is where it's at. Never bettered. Two words. Martin Palermo.

He'll never know it, but he was a Rangers legend. And when he get a work permit moving Saviola from River Plate to Govan was 18 million well spent...

Is this the same year that Kennedy Bakirkioglu did the business as well?

2001-2002 is by far my favourite Championship Manager. County In Europe then to Lazio where Hernan Crespo won me four consecutive scudettos. Ah, that lost summer where I barely left the house.

I'd also like to say that in my first game on FM2012 Stevie Craig missed two sitters and skied a penalty over the bar, so they've got his stats spot on. :p

Lightbulb 
(11-04-2011, 09:11 AM)Comrie Wrote: 2001-2002 is by far my favourite Championship Manager. County In Europe then to Lazio where Hernan Crespo won me four consecutive scudettos. Ah, that lost summer where I barely left the house.

I'd also like to say that in my first game on FM2012 Stevie Craig missed two sitters and skied a penalty over the bar, so they've got his stats spot on. :p

Championship Manager was always better than Football Manager. I wonder what happened to Championship Manager Sad
Highlander29

Eidos and the guys who made Champ manager fell out or something after Champ Man 4(I think). Eidos only had rights to the name and the guys who designed it went to Sports Interactive and took the database and a heap of the programming with them. So Football Manager is in essence The old championship manager. That's what I've been told anyway.

Pretty much.

From wiki:
Quote:The creators of Championship Manager, SI Games, split with publishers Eidos, and signed a deal with Sega, to continue the series under the new name, Football Manager. After the split, both parties kept their intellectual property. SI Games kept the base code, the game database and programming of the game, whilst Eidos kept the name "Championship Manager" and its interface.
The reasons for the split have never been revealed, although it is generally felt that Sports Interactive enjoy far greater creative freedom under Sega.

Anyone got names of any wonder kids, cheap or free agents ? Starting off with Elgin, battling to sign anyone on the tight budget.
Highlander29