Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aberdeen Manager Leaving
Worrying news that Craig Brown is retiring at end of the season to take on an upstairs role. Archie Knox also leaving. Hope Derek is not about to sign a pre contract with the Dons.

Adams is under contract for another season so he can't sign a pre-contract unless Aberdeen cough up compensation.

He won't go anyway, not if Craig Brown remains in an interfering role.

If you look at the Derek Adams thread, Adams said the other day he has had offers, but turned them down...he wants to stay Smile
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Everyone's heard the rumours. Aberdeen players getting briefed weeks ago that Adams is to take over next season, Levein to County, etc. I get the feeling in most recent interviews that he wants to stay but the mysterious new contract offer has been on the table a while now so it's probably just a cover up. If he goes it would be a poor move but due to his family and past clubs it wouldn't surprise me if he did go to the poisoned chalice that is Aberdeen.

I'd be disappointed as I think his next move up would be to go to England but if not, we get compensation and we're now a decent SPL team that could attract a good, well known manager. That's football.

I'm getting sick fed up of pish about Aberdeen now.

(03-14-2013, 12:27 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Everyone's heard the rumours. Aberdeen players getting briefed weeks ago that Adams is to take over next season, Levein to County, etc. I get the feeling in most recent interviews that he wants to stay but the mysterious new contract offer has been on the table a while now so it's probably just a cover up. If he goes it would be a poor move but due to his family and past clubs it wouldn't surprise me if he did go to the poisoned chalice that is Aberdeen.

I'd be disappointed as I think his next move up would be to go to England but if not, we get compensation and we're now a decent SPL team that could attract a good, well known manager. That's football.

I just got a text from a dons fan...saying they have DA signed up and ready to go....i pointed him to the story in the sun the other day...he text me back saying it was a cover...
god knows what to make of that!!!!

I was told 6 months ago that DA had set up to move to Aberdeen, but I am not sure of anything any more....too many stories...

Yep me too. Adams is obviously an exceptional manager, but good enough to turn Aberdeen around? Not sure any manager out there has that "quality".

(03-14-2013, 12:55 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yep me too. Adams is obviously an exceptional manager, but good enough to turn Aberdeen around? Not sure any manager out there has that "quality".

Even the aberdeen fans think this...there seems to be trouble down there, given the size of their budget....they are struggling...

(03-14-2013, 12:50 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I'm getting sick fed up of pish about Aberdeen now.

Actually, have to agree with this P….H from Aberdeen.
Heard the rumour they are lining up Terry Butcher as their next manager.
The Derek Adams story was just a smoke screen.

(03-14-2013, 12:10 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: He won't go anyway, not if Craig Brown remains in an interfering role.

The BBC are looking for an eccentric old weirdo to replace Savile.

(03-14-2013, 12:50 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I'm getting sick fed up of pish about Aberdeen now.

Straight from Pittodrie "DA is not coming here as we can't afford the comp." also "there are more 'better' and experienced Managers available".

Derek will stay at County and make history as he leads us into Europe, all this is just designed to upset our Boys and put them of their stride, helping Aberdeen and Inverness into top 6.

Please don't allow them to wind you up.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Would be a silly move for Adams, when he has the ability to manage in League and possibly the Championship.

There's a fair chance he will go, the Aberdeen board would be daft not to try their best, its his boyhood team.
Compensation wouldn't be a problem, he wouldnt want to work under Pa Brown surely though.
The other problem would be what players would he fancy taking with him. Lawson and Vigurs are from that area, Boyd, Kova, Iko, Rocco would all improve that team, and are of course out of contract.

Let's just enjoy the rest of the season!

Its a hard one, I can see so many reason why he would go as pointed out by previous posts. There are so many reason to stay. He previously left saying he could not take the club any further and look where we are now. He mentioned something in an interview recently about getting players signed up then he would look at the contract that is on the table.
I hope that over the next month or so we can get the players signed up and then he will stay. He is too good for Aberdeen IMO.
If he does decide to leave then all I can say is thank you very much for the past few years.

(03-14-2013, 02:09 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Would be a silly move for Adams, when he has the ability to manage in League and possibly the Championship.

I agree - why go to potential oblivion when he can sit tight for a year or two achieve with a team he gets all the credit for building then when the time is right take his pick and name his wages in England.
Changing teams now would be stupid, DA may be a wee bit crazy but hes deffo not stupid.
All that said whatever will be will be, I just hope he understands how the fans feel about him.
Me I'm gonna enjoy the present to the absolute max.
Stuff ITC Sat, top six and then who knows!!!! Mon County onwards & upwards

There's an attitude prevalent among an awful lot of Aberdeen fans that they deserve better than Derek Adams. That should be a warning for any manager considering going there.

I received a phonecall from Aberdeen FC last night asking me if I would be interested in joining their Red Lottery scheme (I was on their database from my student days). I explained that due to Ross County's rise to the SPL I would be unable to participate as it would be a conflict of interest. I fear they may now be plotting to tempt me back to Pittodrie...

Seriously though, I've heard the rumours for ages, same as everyone else. I know a guy who I know is well connected at Pittodrie who claims the Adams deal is done, but I won't believe it until it's announced.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adams does go, but I think he would be better served staying here and eventually earning a good move down south. If Pressley can get a job in League One after being mediocre at Falkirk, Adams should be able to walk into a decent Championship job if he continues his current form.

I just took a wander over to an Aberdeen forum and there's a surprising lack of enthusiasm over Adams as an appointment. A really strange attitude. He's joint favourite on their poll though, along with Paul Hartley. Mixu Paatelainen also getting a lot of love. My money would be on Craig Levein.

I think a big factor that will sway whether Adams stays or not is who we manage to hold onto players wise. Potentially we could loose more than half the team. I would be surprised if DA would want to stay and rebuild the team again. So i think it all hinges on whether we can keep most of our strongest 11. I for one wouldn't be hanging around if after working so hard to get a team together that competes is just allowed to move on, especially if the club left it too late or didn't work hard enough to hold onto those players.

RB for instance moving on for a extra couple of hundred a week, if that is the only reason we lost him to st johnstone then we need to work harder to keep hold of these players.

(03-14-2013, 03:49 PM)yank Wrote: I think a big factor that will sway whether Adams stays or not is who we manage to hold onto players wise. Potentially we could loose more than half the team. I would be surprised if DA would want to stay and rebuild the team again. So i think it all hinges on whether we can keep most of our strongest 11. I for one wouldn't be hanging around if after working so hard to get a team together that competes is just allowed to move on, especially if the club left it too late or didn't work hard enough to hold onto those players.

RB for instance moving on for a extra couple of hundred a week, if that is the only reason we lost him to st johnstone then we need to work harder to keep hold of these players.

RB was offered twice his wage...and its nearer home, plus a longer deal...can hardly blame him,

Hopefully we can hold on to most of the team..and keep DA too..

(03-14-2013, 03:49 PM)yank Wrote: I think a big factor that will sway whether Adams stays or not is who we manage to hold onto players wise. Potentially we could loose more than half the team. I would be surprised if DA would want to stay and rebuild the team again. So i think it all hinges on whether we can keep most of our strongest 11. I for one wouldn't be hanging around if after working so hard to get a team together that competes is just allowed to move on, especially if the club left it too late or didn't work hard enough to hold onto those players.

RB was offered twice his wage...and its nearer home, plus a longer deal...can hardly blame him,

Hopefully we can hold on to most of the team..and keep DA too..