Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
County v ICT
(03-04-2013, 10:27 PM)splstaggie Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 10:22 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else think the big loon Draper is very effective for them? The plus points from yesterday's game was the many of their fans I mingled with before and after are not so confident of beating us anymore. Kova.Evangelos.Sproule.Wolf absolute Masterstroke by Adams. Proud to be a Staggie.

wolfarth a master stroke come on give us a break what has he done apart from miss a sitter. oh sorry forgot the ball took a bad bobble on a bad pitch

I'm assuming you are Caley D? And the ball did take a horrendous bobble. And he laid the Aberdeen goal on a plate for Glen. And he set up Paul Lawson's thunderbolt against Dundee.

(03-05-2013, 09:05 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 10:22 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else think the big loon Draper is very effective for them? The plus points from yesterday's game was the many of their fans I mingled with before and after are not so confident of beating us anymore. Kova.Evangelos.Sproule.Wolf absolute Masterstroke by Adams. Proud to be a Staggie.

wolfarth a master stroke come on give us a break what has he done apart from miss a sitter. oh sorry forgot the ball took a bad bobble on a bad pitch

I'm assuming you are Caley D? And the ball did take a horrendous bobble. And he laid the Aberdeen goal on a plate for Glen. And he set up Paul Lawson's thunderbolt against Dundee.

Have to admit I'd tend to agree that he hasn't been a 'masterstroke' from Adams just yet. Does he gives us something different up front? Yes. Has he done alright when he's come on? Yes. Will he get better? Yes.

Has he been a masterstroke? Not yet.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(03-05-2013, 10:18 AM)central staggie Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 09:05 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:

Have to admit I'd tend to agree that he hasn't been a 'masterstroke' from Adams just yet. Does he gives us something different up front? Yes. Has he done alright when he's come on? Yes. Will he get better? Yes.

Has he been a masterstroke? Not yet.

Yes, masterstroke is perhaps over egging the pudding, but the fact is, Oikonomou, Sproule and the Wolf have all added and improved the squad. It was more the idea that he's contributed nothing I was having a go at. He's improved the squad far more than Hainault has.

(03-05-2013, 01:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: He's improved the squad far more than Hainault has.

But am I right in saying Hainault has only had a few mins as a sub so far? He's not got a chance yet presumably because neither Munro or Boyd have done anything to merit being dropped, and as a general rule you don't rotate a successful defence. I'm still excited by Hainault and when Boyd or Munro have to take a break, he should be good.

(03-05-2013, 04:47 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 01:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: He's improved the squad far more than Hainault has.

But am I right in saying Hainault has only had a few mins as a sub so far? He's not got a chance yet presumably because neither Munro or Boyd have done anything to merit being dropped, and as a general rule you don't rotate a successful defence. I'm still excited by Hainault and when Boyd or Munro have to take a break, he should be good.

Have to say Hainault being a Canadian Internationalist is yet another Masterstroke by the Club.
They never came North of Culloden

(03-04-2013, 09:33 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Any official club twitter feed used in a reckless manner could end up bringing the club into disrepute. Anyone remember what bother the giant stuffed stag caused when he started spouting biggotry?
I forgot about that guy, don't suppose that could be sussexstaggieTongue

(03-05-2013, 04:51 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote:

Have to say Hainault being a Canadian Internationalist is yet another Masterstroke by the Club.

how can you possibly come out with these statements. 1st wolfarth now hainault are masterstrokes. is it the old scottish thing, as with supporters of other clubs, if they are foreign they are good, better than homegrown players. tell me that about hainault when he keeps the heart of our defence, boyd and munro out

(03-05-2013, 08:18 PM)splstaggie Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 04:51 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote:

how can you possibly come out with these statements. 1st wolfarth now hainault are masterstrokes. is it the old scottish thing, as with supporters of other clubs, if they are foreign they are good, better than homegrown players. tell me that about hainault when he keeps the heart of our defence, boyd and munro out

I do apologise folks I still remember County getting hammerings of Elgin,Caledonian and Brora. Just getting carried away with the way club has found this talent from both home and abroad. How far we have come is an absolute Masterstroke.
They never came North of Culloden

[/quote]

I do apologise folks I still remember County getting hammerings of Elgin,Caledonian and Brora. Just getting carried away with the way club has found this talent from both home and abroad. How far we have come is an absolute Masterstroke.
[/quote]

fair reply. yes we have some proven foreign talent in kova & oikonomu. these guys have come in done a good job, but remember the homegrown guys the ones who not long ago were rejects from other clubs.

Wohlfarth certainly has a better touch than Morrow, is better in the air and is slightly faster. However Morrow appears to hit a definite upturn in form so dropping him right now would be daft. The Wolf is a great player to throw on after 60-70 minutes when defenders are starting to tire.

As for Hainault it's not his fault Boyd and Munro have gone 5 in a row without conceeding. We've finally got back into looking solid at the back so again, messing with what isn't broken is just daft.

Aye, I'd love to see what Andre has in the tank but I just can't see how he'll get a start over Boydy and Grant in the middle, they're as solid as a rock just now.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(03-06-2013, 12:01 AM)Blinkers Wrote: Aye, I'd love to see what Andre has in the tank but I just can't see how he'll get a start over Boydy and Grant in the middle, they're as solid as a rock just now.

Give him a go up front late in a few games along with the Wolf.

(03-03-2013, 08:09 PM)Bovril Boy Wrote: [quote='Pete The Jakey' pid='19929' dateline='1362334391']
[quote='Fleackeuy' pid='19916' dateline='1362267824']

I too came across the same "jumped up wee knob" when trying to get to the other toilets and avoid the huge queue. His reply to me was "it's the rules". Also noticed our guys in the jailend getting hassle from the stewards for standing but they didn't go near the ICT fans for doing the same in greater numbers.

Aye I complained about the Irish Refugees being allowed to stand all match wilst we have to sit, forced to,
Supervisor at the ESE did agree that it was unfair but said that if he was at away end it would still be the same.
They can also sing IRA songs but we canna say tink, so the local prosucator says.
Wonder what NL thinks of that
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People