Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
can we make the top 6
with only 9 games to go before the league split can we make it into the top half bearing in mind the recent resurgence in form of st mirren and hearts, personally i think we might just do it.

No.

I can see us pushing up a bit but not finishing above 6 or more other clubs.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Its possible we could get into the top six but can't see us being there when the split comes. Incredible achievment and a vindication of all at County whatever happens. Onwards and Upwards

I hope we can but I don't think so

At the beginning of the season I thought we could have if we brought some quality in up front, we were linked with the likes of Riordan, but we just went with what we had.

We've now got strength in the fullback positions, an area I think we struggled a little in, with Tokely and Fitzpatrick. Kova and Oikonomou have improved us there.

Sproule improves us offensively with his pace, but I still feel we may be a little light up front, it'll be interesting to see how Wohlfarth fairs.

I think we'll do well to finish anywhere above where we are presently to be honest.

SPL survival is secure so I don't see why the team shouldn't be looking for a top six place. I also, on the basis of the last 4 games, don't see why a top six place is out of the question.

We're 3pts off 6th placed Aberdeen who have also played a game more so of course it's possible. We also have one more home game than anyone else to play so I suppose that's a slight advantage. I said at the start of the season we'll probably finish 10-11th but on recent results and performances there's no reason why we can't aim for sneaking into the top 6. Apart from Celtic we're the form team in the league just now so we just need to try keep it going.

These are the 9 games that are left with my predictions:

Dundee (A) - WIN
St.J (H) - WIN
Motherwell (H) - DRAW
Aberdeen (A) - DRAW
ICT (H) - WIN
Celtic (H) - LOSE
ICT (A) - LOSE Sad
Kilmarnock (H) - WIN
Hearts (A) - DRAW

If it turned out like that we would end up with 44pts. Last 5 seasons you've needed the following points to get into the Top 6 - 48, 44, 44, 42, 44.

So basically we'd need to win at least 5 out of the remaining 9 to be in with a chance or 15+ points...

I think we'll be outside the top six this year. Probably 8th of 9th. Then the target next year is pushing closer to the top six with some shrewd investment in players.

Yes, I believe we can, and will.

(02-04-2013, 06:17 PM)staggy4life Wrote: We're 3pts off 6th placed Aberdeen who have also played a game more so of course it's possible. We also have one more home game than anyone else to play so I suppose that's a slight advantage. I said at the start of the season we'll probably finish 10-11th but on recent results and performances there's no reason why we can't aim for sneaking into the top 6. Apart from Celtic we're the form team in the league just now so we just need to try keep it going.

These are the 9 games that are left with my predictions:

Dundee (A) - WIN
St.J (H) - WIN
Motherwell (H) - DRAW
Aberdeen (A) - DRAW
ICT (H) - WIN
Celtic (H) - LOSE
ICT (A) - LOSE Sad
Kilmarnock (H) - WIN
Hearts (A) - DRAW

If it turned out like that we would end up with 44pts. Last 5 seasons you've needed the following points to get into the Top 6 - 48, 44, 44, 42, 44.

So basically we'd need to win at least 5 out of the remaining 9 to be in with a chance or 15+ points...

I like your prediction for the caley game at home. Just make sure that when we're 1 up with 30 seconds left we keep tight in defence!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

Question 
(02-04-2013, 06:17 PM)staggy4life Wrote: ....

Yeah but this season the old Rangers club is not there which in previous seasons took points of everyone else, so top 6 qualification was achieved with fewer points than you would need this season.

So 44 it won't be enough. I'm not the stattiest but that's how it looks to me.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I'll settle for a win on Friday and some more attacking football in the future once Del is confident we are staying up.

By my reckoning if we win by 3 goals on Friday we will be in 6th place even if only for 24 hours.

Mathematically, yes. However, to make it before the split is a big ask on our first season. I reckon if the league didn't split we would definitely be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

I think anywhere above our current position would be brilliant.

Top 6....doubt it to be honest. 8/1 must be the odds on us getting into the top 6 in my view.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(02-05-2013, 10:06 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: I think anywhere above our current position would be brilliant.

Top 6....doubt it to be honest. 8/1 must be the odds on us getting into the top 6 in my view.
http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/footb.../340761000

6/1 is the best you can get!

Probably too tall an order this season but don't see why it can't be an ambition for next assuming the new league system isn't in place then.

I knew S4L would be all over this thread....

We have no top 6 hope in hell this year. Here are reasonable outcomes from the remaining games...

Dundee (A) - WIN/DRAW
St.J (H) - LOSE
Motherwell (H) - DRAW
Aberdeen (A) - DRAW
ICT (H) - WIN/DRAW
Celtic (H) - LOSE
ICT (A) - DRAW
Kilmarnock (H) - DRAW
Hearts (A) - LOSE

6pts - 10pts before the split is likely for us. Take off your Ross County tinged glasses S4L. The more I read some rubbish on here the more I wish we were back in the real world. I think the majority of you need to get a grip and realise sufficient expectations.

Thank you and goodnight.
Highlander29

I would predict 11 points from the remaining games, not including the game we just won.

2 wins and 2 draws from the 5 home games is reasonable. 3 points from the 3 away games is fair. 42/43 points seems like a good target for 33 games.

In the last 4 years the 7th placed team has scored 37 points, 41 points, 41 points, 41 points after 33 games. In short, you havent needed more than 42 points to finish top six. So based on that its very doable.

This year it might be tight and its possible we could need up to 45 points to really be secure top six. However, saying we have "no hope in hell" is utterly brain-dead.

Maybe the question should be changed can we make a European place.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67