Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
George Burley
Saw George Burley in the Eastgate in Inverness yesterday. I spoke to him briefly and he said he was up here on business!

So have our board or caleys board started looking for a replacement manager? Or is Burley seeking employment in Starbucks-they do their taxes similar to a club he used to manage!!

Burley eh? Well i hope it is starbucks then!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(01-27-2013, 11:37 AM)Gordie the staggie Wrote: Burley eh? Well i hope it is starbucks then!

You wouldn't want him as County manager should Adams leave? The same George Burley who took Ipswich to 5th in the EPL and had a win ration of 75% at Hearts?

The very notion is clearly nonsense, obviously. But surprised to see someone be so dismissive.

A pal saw him up town during the holidays.

This actually sounds perfectly plausible. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Despite his poor record in management, he would command a salary far more than either us or Inverness could afford to or would want to pay.

For that reason alone, a non starter.

Maybe. But what exactly is the going rate for a manager not currently in a job?

(01-27-2013, 07:41 PM)Wicky Wrote: Maybe. But what exactly is the going rate for a manager not currently in a job?

More than the dole...and family credit perhaps..?.?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

both teams being away from home I doubt his business was with either of them

Allegedly has a drink problem. Wouldn't sit well with Sir Roy if true.

(01-27-2013, 09:08 PM)County73 Wrote: Allegedly has a drink problem. Wouldn't sit well with Sir Roy if true.

I heard he shot a man in Reno, Just to watch him die.

Didn't he win all of Hearts first 8 fixtures prior to leaving?
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-27-2013, 09:15 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Didn't he win all of Hearts first 8 fixtures prior to leaving?

Yup, even someone with a drink problem can do that. You can be very successful and have a drink problem just like you can be tee total and unsuccessful.

His record at Ipswich, Southampton and Hearts was pretty good. Even his run at Derby had a win ratio of around 40%. It's just his time as a Scotland manager that people will remember. He tried to turn us into an attacking outfit- and we just didn't have the player for it.

George Burley's daughter is married to ICT's Chris Hogg.
And I believe the two of them had a child recently.

I suspect that he could have been just up visiting them!

I wouldn't read anymore into it than that!

(01-28-2013, 01:34 PM)thejailender Wrote: George Burley's daughter is married to ICT's Chris Hogg.
And I believe the two of them had a child recently.

I suspect that he could have been just up visiting them!

I wouldn't read anymore into it than that!

The jailender is on the ball once again!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!