Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The hobbit
If you guys have seen it, what did you make of it? I thought it was brilliant
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

It was okay. It was overly long and occasionally boring but once again it was a pretty faithful cinematic version of the book. Still think turning it into three films is pretty laughable, as the material in the Hobbit is barely a quarter of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

I wasn't a fan of LOTR, 3 films about walking, Yawn.

I won't be going to see the Hobbit, there are other films I will enjoy better

P.S. does anyone get the '3 films about walking' reference?

(01-22-2013, 08:39 AM)Comrie Wrote: It was okay. It was overly long and occasionally boring but once again it was a pretty faithful cinematic version of the book. Still think turning it into three films is pretty laughable, as the material in the Hobbit is barely a quarter of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Yeah 3 hours was abit long. Isnt the Hobbit like a prequel to LOTR or something.
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(01-23-2013, 10:04 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 08:39 AM)Comrie Wrote: It was okay. It was overly long and occasionally boring but once again it was a pretty faithful cinematic version of the book. Still think turning it into three films is pretty laughable, as the material in the Hobbit is barely a quarter of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Yeah 3 hours was abit long. Isnt the Hobbit like a prequel to LOTR or something.

Yes, although there are several things in it that are not to be seen in the Lord of the Rings at all.

I thought it was pretty awful. Better one (two, at a push) film that was a good adaptation of the book than a bloated trilogy of three films, purely as a prequel to the LotR films, which are full of stuff that Peter Jackson has pulled out of his [censored].

(01-23-2013, 10:04 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote:

Sort of. The Lord Of The Rings started out as a sequel to The Hobbit, but the tone of it changed and Tolkien later went back and edited The Hobbit to make it more of a prequel - when he wrote it originally, the ring was just one that made you invisible, so he went back and changed parts of the story to make it fit LotR more.

3 films about walking, definitely a quote from the great film that is clerks 2
First to the bar