Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Richard Brittain off to St Johnstone (in the summer)
Thumbs Down 
Quote:Keith Downie @STVkeith
STV can reveal St Johnstone have signed Ross County captain Richie Brittain on a pre-contract deal for next season.

Boo!

(01-08-2013, 07:29 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
Quote:Keith Downie @STVkeith
STV can reveal St Johnstone have signed Ross County captain Richie Brittain on a pre-contract deal for next season.

Boo!

I feel sick....say it ain't so....

Can't hold it against him. Quite a servant for the club. Will be interesting if there's any move for a replacement this transfer window.

Bizarre timing. Huh

He's been a great captain for us and a loyal servant.

Could be a replacement for Liam Craig who is meant to be leaving them.

Not only player they want either.

can st johnstone pay more than county?

I wish him the best of luck, and can't really complain about players from the central belt wanting to move back nearer home and get paid more money. He's been great for us and hopefully will continue to be so until he leaves in the summer.

(01-08-2013, 07:34 PM)willwelcome Wrote: can st johnstone pay more than county?

Of course they can. Significantly so.

Yes, they pay better with double the win bonus county pay.

Yes,

Gary Miller was offered twice as much there as he was at County!

Gutted with this news.

He will be a massive loss to us, he has been the captain throughout probably our most successful time in our history.

One of the best players County will ever have. His reaction after the cup final is one that will live long in the memory. Ross County will not have a better captain for some time. Legend.

(01-08-2013, 07:39 PM)thejailender Wrote: Gutted with this news.

He will be a massive loss to us, he has been the captain throughout probably our most successful time in our history.

Genuine club legend. Well, not literally, but if you misuse the word legend it kind of gets the point across.

After yesterday's weird day, today's not been much fun. Any news of a confirmed signing?

(01-08-2013, 07:36 PM)yank Wrote:

For how much longer though. If you look at attendances ST J are surely not really that much a bigger club than us? We obviously had massive costs associated with the ground this year but this will not be the case in the future.

Gutted he is going, and just wish it were to a bigger club.

Thanks for the memories Ritchie, all the best with the move when it comes.

It was inevitable with the 1 year contracts dished out to everyone in the summer. Vigurs will be next...

Makes you wonder why we didn't even offer RB a new deal.

(01-08-2013, 07:44 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 07:36 PM)yank Wrote:

For how much longer though. If you look at attendances ST J are surely not really that much a bigger club than us? We obviously had massive costs associated with the ground this year but this will not be the case in the future.

Gutted he is going, and just wish it were to a bigger club.

I guess you have to look at St Johnstone as a far more established club than us, and really they are a bigger club, at the moment everyone in the SPL are bigger clubs. That's not the point though, we want to be able to say to players, look we're established, we pay our wages on time, we are moving upwards not down, but unfortunately that takes time in the SPL, we will loose players we have and players we're chasing to teams that can say this...teams like st johnstone but I think we will get to that point, maybe slowly but hopefully surely.

Good luck rb, and all the best to him.

START SIGNING PEOPLE UP!!!

(01-08-2013, 07:49 PM)staggy4life Wrote: It was inevitable with the 1 year contracts dished out to everyone in the summer. Vigurs will be next...

I fear you may be right. I hope the Adams' new-found love of foreign transfer markets turns up some gems or we're screwed!