Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Highland Derby: Offensive Singing
Warning on official site about "songs or chants that could be deemed offensive to groups or communities such as travellers...." Someone's having a laugh surely?

I think they warned about this a few seasons back before one of the division 1 Games. Most likely covering themselfs off/ or giving the stewards some extra leverage to chuck the Cocozza casuals out if they decided to play with smoke and crap banners again.
No sacrifice no victory 

(12-28-2012, 08:30 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: I think they warned about this a few seasons back before one of the division 1 Games. Most likely covering themselfs off/ or giving the stewards some extra leverage to chuck the Cocozza casuals out if they decided to play with smoke and crap banners again.

The club can be punished if reported or a complaint is made so lets not give them an opportunity to do it.

So no - I'd rather be a ...... song for fear of being thrown out or arrested? It's the Highland derby FFS not the old firm. At this rate all we'll have to be offensive about is the temperature of the hot chocolate.

Totally agree BB.

In this period of politically correct madness, there is little room left for banter.

Surely this law needs a little tinkering!

(12-28-2012, 11:27 PM)ReluctantHero Wrote: Totally agree BB.

In this period of politically correct madness, there is little room left for banter.

cannot believe this.

Actually, I think the authorities should be more concerned about the behaviour of a tiny element of the so called Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporters.
The vast majority are a decent bunch.
However, the behaviour, before, during and after the cup game in Dingwall from a certain element was despicable.
A group of young thugs kicking and old age pensioner, thankfully he was not harmed.
I guess you call this element, casuals?
The Highland’s do not want or need you.

(12-28-2012, 11:59 PM)kenthehood Wrote:

cannot believe this.

Which bit?

The fact that I'm agreeing with Bovril Boy, the fact that we live in an age of political correctness, or my opinion that the law needs altered slightly?

Our fans are [censored], nothing to see here.

Oh I'd rather have my coffee with some Milk.
I'd rather have my coffee with some Milk.
I'd rather have my coffee,
Rather have my coffee;
Stick your hot chocolate up your ****
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Haven't both clubs played "gypsies, tramps and thieves" over the tannoy before games? This seems a bit hypocritical.

(12-29-2012, 12:04 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Actually, I think the authorities should be more concerned about the behaviour of a tiny element of the so called Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporters.
However, the behaviour, before, during and after the cup game in Dingwall from a certain element was despicable.
A group of young thugs kicking and old age pensioner, thankfully he was not harmed.

When did that happen?

I'd call it cowardly!

I supposes this is what happens in most cases of mongrolisim its just to be expected. Next time you see it boot the wee pricks arses, I'm sure there will be a que behind you to help..
No sacrifice no victory 

Steady.

(12-29-2012, 01:53 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 12:04 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Actually, I think the authorities should be more concerned about the behaviour of a tiny element of the so called Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporters.

When did that happen?

I'd call it cowardly!

I supposes this is what happens in most cases of mongrolisim its just to be expected. Next time you see it boot the wee pricks arses, I'm sure there will be a que behind you to help..

If this incident did happen it would have been sorted there and then. I have my doubts.

Jesus, The police are warning both sets of supporters about using the words Gypo's and Tinks which are said in jest by both sides.

Yet they ignored the fact that Celtic fans sang sectarian songs for the vast majority of our home game. Nothing was done about it, even Celtic fans thought they would be in bother.

Time to get their priorities in order.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(12-29-2012, 12:28 AM)ReluctantHero Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 11:59 PM)kenthehood Wrote:

cannot believe this.

Which bit?

The fact that I'm agreeing with Bovril Boy, the fact that we live in an age of political correctness, or my opinion that the law needs altered slightly?

The fact that this even merits a discussion.Seems you can't even have a laugh at the football these days without running the risk of offending someone.Bet the courts are going to love this one. Did Anybody take any heed of Dundee singing about their Derry boys a few weeks ago? Hearts will probably have a few belters today, but thats life in Scotland pick on the minority and leave the real culprits alone.

(12-29-2012, 10:33 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: Jesus, The police are warning both sets of supporters about using the words Gypo's and Tinks which are said in jest by both sides.

Yet they ignored the fact that Celtic fans sang sectarian songs for the vast majority of our home game. Nothing was done about it, even Celtic fans thought they would be in bother.

Time to get their priorities in order.

Personally, I don't like that chant, two reasons are that I have to explain the words to my 10 yr old and you do sound pretty silly doing so and I find it is a bit racist. Celtic and Rangers fans have been arrested for sectarian chants in the highlands this year which I'm happy about. We should play on the mongrel theme more as this can only be offensive to the mongrels themselves

I dunno. My bedlington/lurcher cross would be offended if he knew what you were singing about. Confused

So if your happy playing the mongrels clap your hands.....
If your happy playing the mongrels clap your hands....

I actually think tinks, gypos, or gypsys may be a bit harsh..it's shame on the real gypos...been tarred with the caley brush..mongrels sounds much better....

Btw the police in the north are not used to dealing with this sort of singing / chanting... So they will try and ban it....simples....but it seems it's ok for Celtic and caley fans to throw flares ..set fire to the toilets...and then get pepper sprayed in the mallard...because that's not racist....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

If thats the rules then so be it. I dont sing that stuff anyway. Plenty of other songs fans can sing to get behind the team.
What I will say though is this. It really annoys me to see flares being set off, hearing pro terrorist chants and folk running onto the pitch. I am not wanting a sterile enviroment, but set an example against those who choose to go beyond what is acceptable behaviour.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN