Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
David Begg
Not quite Ross County related but I see Radio Scotland are doing a tribute programme today to what I regard as the best football commentator I have heard on the radio. Its on Radio Scotland 810mw but not sure of the time.
His commentary from the SFA cup semi final when we played Celtic was brilliant. I have lost count the number of times I have listened to the goals and his commentary does the occasion justice.
When Jimmy scored the second he said 'Ross County are in the final-Celtic are humbled'-magicSmile
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-23-2012, 01:24 PM)Ed Wrote: Not quite Ross County related but I see Radio Scotland are doing a tribute programme today to what I regard as the best football commentator I have heard on the radio.

Yeah agree with that and i also used to like listening to Alistair Alexander's commentary on Radio Scotland aswell.

(12-23-2012, 01:43 PM)rcfc-1929 Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 01:24 PM)Ed Wrote: Not quite Ross County related but I see Radio Scotland are doing a tribute programme today to what I regard as the best football commentator I have heard on the radio.

Yeah agree with that and i also used to like listening to Alistair Alexander's commentary on Radio Scotland aswell.

He was on sportsound yesterday afternoon, sounds like the true proffesional. Was sad that he said that they had to disguise their Scottish Accents on the BBC in the early eighties, and that 2 other scottish comentators were overlooked for Scotland games. I wonder if his more refined accent was due to his Ross-shire Background?
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

Programme is on at 3pm.
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

To me his commentary is legendary alongside Scottish football. A bit like Murray Walker and formula 1. I remember listening in every saturday afternoon when Invergordon were playing fitba. His descriptions and passion really livened up those drab games!

Considering how bloody awful most of the BBC Scotland commentators are, I think this programme is more than justified. Everyone sounds like Kermit the Frog. High pitched voices and commentary are not good combinations.

I still have the downloaded audio clip of the BBC sports report that night, which includes Begg's commentary of the 2 goals, if anyone wants it emailed to them.

You should maybe just upload it here Stuart so everyone can hear it and not fill your inbox!

Pretty sure I tried that back at the time, but the file is too big to attach. I'll give it another go when I get in front of a PC. Has the post match interviews with Del and Lennon also.

I too have the podcast report of the day on CD, I would love to post it but have no clue how to do so. Makes great listening.
I chuckle when David Begg says 'Goal scored by Ross County,unbelievable finish by..... Steven Craig' When I listen to it I get the feeling he didnt know who scored and had to check his team sheet before saying Steven Craig as there was a pause, funny to listen to. Brilliant commentary.
2-0 end of story
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Upload it to you tube...and then posts the link here Smile
There's a fine line between genius and insanity