Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Must Win - County vs Dundee - 15th Dec.
It has to be considered a must win game surely?

If Dundee get a good result against United then we could be in trouble and see only a few points between us going into the match.

I have little faith in our defence keeping it tight at the back so we really need to bag a couple of goals and get a cushion. Would be nice to see a goalscorer other than Quinn , Vigurs or Brittain but don't see that happening anytime soon.

We'll have to wait and see but if Dundee beat us then we are in serious trouble.

Absolutely. If Dundee win their games in hand, they're above us. On current form, they're a better side. They aren't a better side, but the fact is we are in more than a spot of bother.

If, If, If, If, If.......

Far too early for 'must win games'.

You two guys are the reason less and less folk use this site. You two over sensationalize, over comment and over cook the smalliest of stories for nothing more than self gain.
Highlander29

Important game but not 'must win'. Remember we have the January sales yet and may see a very different County team after that. Money will be spent to strengthen.

We played well today and deserved a draw, keep the faith.

According to ancient Mayan predictions, unless we beat Dundee at home on 15th December, the entire world will come to an end on 21st December. Pretty much a must win game, eh? Angel

(12-08-2012, 07:11 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: If, If, If, If, If.......

You two guys are the reason less and less folk use this site. You two over sensationalize, over comment and over cook the smalliest of stories for nothing more than self gain.

Here was me about to wish you a happy birthday aswell Dodgy

What self gain are you referring to?

I reckon we will beat Dundee, based on today's showing at Motherwell. And if we can't beat Dundee, we shouldn't really expect to stay up, should we? Idea

Much rather look at it by way of - "must make sure we don't lose to this lot and if we win then all the better!"

If we're still in the same position or worse come February I will allow myself to be "overly concerned"........
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

There is too much negativity on this thread.Four months in the Spl and its panic stations already,Calm down ,Calm down

(12-08-2012, 11:16 PM)kenthehood Wrote: There is too much negativity on this thread.Four months in the Spl and its panic stations already,Calm down ,Calm down

I'm not panicing.

Might come across that way , but i'm not.

(Honest)

Am so glad this thread contains more optimism than pessimism. Even if Dundee get a win tomorrow, next week is not a must-win. I MIGHT stretch to must-not-lose but that is it. I keep saying it and will say it as long as it still matters - if we match, or better, Dundee's results we will be fine. Chin up folks, we are in the top flight for the first time - the future's bright.

(12-08-2012, 11:55 PM)County73 Wrote: Am so glad this thread contains more optimism than pessimism. Even if Dundee get a win tomorrow, next week is not a must-win. I MIGHT stretch to must-not-lose but that is it. I keep saying it and will say it as long as it still matters - if we match, or better, Dundee's results we will be fine. Chin up folks, we are in the top flight for the first time - the future's bright.
Just for 90mins 2moro our Moto should be "the future's bright, the future's orange!" Big Grin

I really hope Dundee get thumped today.

(12-09-2012, 01:34 PM)Soldier staggie Wrote: I really hope Dundee get thumped today.

And a couple of sending offs for them too would be an advantage!

(12-08-2012, 07:11 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: If, If, If, If, If.......

It's a forum..a place where people can air themselves.... People are surely entitled to their opinion? Not much point having a forum if nothing is said...controversial

I hardly use the forum now because no one seems to want to discuss anything that may be slightly against the team or county...where as I like a bit of banter and others points of view....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Dundee lost 3-0 today. It's too early in the first season in the SPL to start worring about a relagation battle.

As was mentioned before all we want to do this season is stay up, overall I am delighted with where we are and given a bit of luck could be much higher in the table that we are.

Bring it on!!

I think that the frustrating think is that apart from Kilmarnock away all of our defeats have been by the odd goal usually scored in the last 10 mins!

It shows that we are not far away.

Possibly a bit of fitness..or a little luck will see us sort that out!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

When brewster was at the club we were a very fit team, dont understand why we couldnt adopt the same training regime now.

The dundee game is huge, if we win that then there will be alot of negative thoughts going through the dundee player's heads.