Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mobile phone/internet reception at the GES
For months now I have been scratching my head at games when trying to access updates through the tinternet for live scores/facebook etc. When I'm at the ground my phone goes into meltdown re connectivity. It just doesn't want to connect to anything. I am with Vodafone and have an android mobile. I sit near the back of the east stand so don't know if it's the steel structure blocking anything out or is it too many users in one small area.

Texts and calls still work mysteriously enough! Anyone got any similar problems or advice?
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

I think we are all in the same boat. Vodafone for me too, useless.

I'm with o2 and my android phone is next to useless apart from calls and texts too

Orange works perfect for me in the East Stand.
They never came North of Culloden

I've an old O2 Nokia and it works at the back of the East stand extension. Must be all you youngsters with your trendy iphones!!

Cheers peeps, not just me then although the future could be Orange.....

Time to dig out the old tranny again!

10,9,8,7,6.................. Undecided

3 works very well - I believe they piggyback off the Orange network.

I Have the same problem with my Vodaphone. Internet dead at the game and reception generally very poor until we got back over near Tore on the Black Isle

Time for a wee email to Vodafone methinks![/i]

Me too. I got a new android phone over the summer, with the prime objective of being able to get score updates while at GES. The phone I wanted was unfortunately with Vodafone, and no matter which stand I am in, it gets extraordinarily poor connectivity. By the time the cup game via Caley had finished, my scores update app was still telling me it was 1-1.

What do you think the chances would be of the club providing free (or even a small charge) wifi for the fans, like you get in coffee-shops, bars, and even Dingwall Tescos?

Iv always had a terrible time getting results etc from GES this past year also, not even the Sky Sports News App will work. Am just about to change networks as my contracts up in 2 weeks. Surprise surprise I am also on Vodafone, via Android.

Iv been with Vodafone for 10 years and the past 4 years its got gradually worse and is now terrible. Also could be the HTC....but no signal in city center Aberdeen? Doubt it.

Going with 02 on iPhone, will let you know in a month if its a huge improvement or not!!

I'm sure there is wifi available at the GES, but it's locked down. Maybe an email pleading our case. I'm on it!

There is obviously wifi available for journalists etc, but its hardly going to cope with 4000 staggies tweeting abuse at Top Six Next Year.

I use wifi at the ground. I got the password from a mate but I can't mind what it is now. Don't want to post it either as StuartTaylor says it would end up being slow if a few thousand use it!

Ok, so the club have looked at this and there isn't an easy fix. Expect something for next season but it may cost!

Password you say S4L.................. Wink

Here's hoping this makes a difference:

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/News/...092012.htm

(12-07-2012, 06:41 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Here's hoping this makes a difference:

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/News/...092012.htm

Fed up of looking at promises of super-fast broadband, and seeing that in reality what they are talking about is in fact getting to 2Mbps. Hope that what is promised delivers something north of 20Mbps.

When I go to the match I go to watch the match, cant facebook and creeping around P&B wait a couple of hours ? I also like waiting until they read out the scores on the tannoy bit of suspense...
Highlander29

(12-09-2012, 09:12 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I also like waiting until they read out the scores on the tannoy bit of suspense...

Which is fine if they read out the scores of your diddy club, but for me, they don't.