Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Dundee Utd
(11-24-2012, 08:52 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I am confused as to why Fitz was dropped to make way for Tokely. Munro is no left back. Not convinced Kojak is right back either. We need to sort out two decent wing backs.

Thought Mackay-Steven was pretty much anonymous for the best part.

I thought that 1 of the reasons Mackay Steven was anonymous was because Kovacevic did an effective job of playing him out of the match - much like he did with Ryan Fraser of Aberdeen

Do we not have any other alternatives at LB ? - Vigurs, Cooper ? Are we so short of creativity that Vigurs is the only option for playing behind a lone striker?

Vigurs - great goal (last week too) and a lot of good work in the role behind the striker. But to me he did, & does, seem to give away possession when maybe trying to take too much time to get the ball moved on.

Very pleased with Vigurs contribution but I'd give MOTM to Tokely, Boyd or Quinn. Quinn again looked likely to get a goal.

Daly, Russell, GMS etc were kept quiet by good County work, so I'd credit County rather than say they were having an off day.

Thought we were well worth a point. But you can't make mistakes and expect to get a good result.

NEXT!
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Blinkers, fair play, you're entitled to your opinion!

(11-24-2012, 08:56 PM)number8 Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 07:49 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: That was Vigurs's best game of the season today. What does he have to do?!
No, it was not and no "Michael Cox" horse-manure will justify that statement unless you have only seen Vigurs three times this season.

Tell me, what do you think was his best game this season so far?

I thought it was his best game because:
  • Most of County's chances in the first half went through him
  • I think he only gave away obvious possession twice (one a relatively simple header at the half-way line that missed everyone in midfield and the other a chipped through ball to Morrow that was headed clear) - please remind me if there were more.
  • County looked threatening when he dropped deeper to intercept balls and begin counter-attacks.
  • The diving header was a brilliant - probably the best executed goal by a County player in open play this season

In other matches that I've seen (9 in total, if you must), he's shown moments of class but spoiled them with sloppy passing and careless decision making. He was more consistent today.

I trust that wasn't too pretentious.

(11-24-2012, 09:56 PM)Strathspey Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 08:52 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Thought Mackay-Steven was pretty much anonymous for the best part.

I thought that 1 of the reasons Mackay Steven was anonymous was because Kovacevic did an effective job of playing him out of the match

Yip, fair comment.

Sorry to all who disagree but today I thought Vigurs wasnt at his best. Seemed disinterested at times.. MOM for me was Quinn endless effort from him. Boyd & Tokely were good in defence. Fraser by no way in my opinion was at fault for their 1st goal. Russell was allowed to run through by defence and he had to try something as Daley and Armstrong i think were clear for a cutback. Still missing an out and out striker but were going to have to put up with thattill someone with BIG money helps us out

We need to create more in the midfield, defence splitting passes giving our striker more opportunity. Lawson back please.

(11-24-2012, 08:05 PM)kenthehood Wrote: MOM should have been a toss up between Quinn and Tokely,Fraser made two tremendous saves later on but he has to shoulder the blame for the first and possibly could have done better with the second although it was off side.Brines was his usual self but the stand side linesman had a shocker.I also thought Colin Mac did well enough last week to earn himself a start today.Morrow gives up to easy and is slow to react at times.
I totally agree with the above, i thought Quinn did a lot of work in the 1st half and Tokely had a couple of cracking tackles in the 2nd half.
Although Vigurs scored a good goal i felt at times his head went down easily if a pass went astray or didn't quite come off, perhaps he was as frustrated as we were as i feel we should have beat Utd today, they only won because of defensive blunders.
Roll on tues when hopefully we can open up a larger gap between the teams.

(11-24-2012, 10:41 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: Blinkers, fair play, you're entitled to your opinion!

(11-24-2012, 08:56 PM)number8 Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 07:49 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: That was Vigurs's best game of the season today. What does he have to do?!
No, it was not and no "Michael Cox" horse-manure will justify that statement unless you have only seen Vigurs three times this season.

Tell me, what do you think was his best game this season so far?

I thought it was his best game because:
  • Most of County's chances in the first half went through him
  • I think he only gave away obvious possession twice (one a relatively simple header at the half-way line that missed everyone in midfield and the other a chipped through ball to Morrow that was headed clear) - please remind me if there were more.
  • County looked threatening when he dropped deeper to intercept balls and begin counter-attacks.
  • The diving header was a brilliant - probably the best executed goal by a County player in open play this season

In other matches that I've seen (9 in total, if you must), he's shown moments of class but spoiled them with sloppy passing and careless decision making. He was more consistent today.

I trust that wasn't too pretentious.

TBH I thought he played very well against Celtic. Having said that the whole team did as well. When they play as a unit they are really good no matter the opposition.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

I thought Dundee Utd merited the 3 points, and was surprised at Derek Adams saying on BBC radio, we didn't deserve to lose 2-1. He also said we controlled large spells? I just didn't see that at all.

I just thought they looked the better side over the 90 minutes. I thought in the middle of the park, both sides were well matched, but at the back they looked more comfortable and then up front they always looked more dangerous.

There's wasn't a big gulf in class at all, but they just showed that bit more quality to merit the win I thought.

I think Morrow thought he was offside when he just had the keeper to beat, by the time he realised the whistle hadn't been blown, the keeper had closed him down.

The equaliser just seemed to knock the stuffing out of County today, we really huffed and puffed in the final third of the game.

Took my first game in today in a while and left frustrated, disappointed and quite frankly worried for next weeks derby.

Kova, Boydy, Tokely and Munro where all great today, all the threats up top for Dundee Utd- Russell, Daly, GMS and Armstrong out wide were kept relatively quiet until the equaliser.

I thought Quinn had a good first half and good first half of the second half, disappeared a bit towards the end of the game, I;m sorry but Vigurs was pretty good today, ran effortlessly up top just off morrow and tried to get things going i thought.
Ketts and Fotheringham got over run a little at times but in general were ok, Richie B out wide delivering the ball is our key to goals and it proved so today again

Morrow- don't even get me started!! why would you as a striker stop when through on goal to check if you were still onside or not! [censored] put the ball in the net and ask questions later man! 2 wasted chances in the first half, the position we are in we can't afford to squander chances, especially at home.

To sum up today defensively(apart from the 2 goals) we were solid
Midfield why did nobody get a hold of Flood, how old is the guy?? and he just ran around freely today like the [censored] of the north running things in the middle of the park.We were second to every lose ball or second ball, We have just got to get better through midfield and create more on the deck instead of pumping it long all the time( lawson maybe offer more football from midfield) plus it just gets pretty obvious were it is going to go.

Yeah heard the DA interview afterwards on the BBC website and cannot see at anytime today when we dominated!! Nip tuck for the most of the day

I just worry for the derby next week, i know we are a better cup team than they are but at the moment i just cannot see where the goals are coming from and they are scoring and winning games for fun!

Fair play to the Dundee Utd fans today- great vocal support for their team throughout.

Funny how we all seem to see differing things...is it because the game is so big we can't keep a track of it all...for what it's worth...I didn't rate vigurs much...he was ok but gives away far to many passes...I saw at least 8 .. Which looked sloppy..he scored a class goal..but that doesn't make him the best player, I think tokely and Quinn were by far the best on the field and Britain as usual worked his hardest...morrow did look startled when he got through and just had the keeper to beat, and lost it...we need a more powerful striker...even Colin is struggling in the SPL ! Fraser made a horrendous error going out for that ball...it was a silly mistake that keepers sometimes seem to do...I don't think they realise how far out it is...strangely what ever happened to the keeper gaurding the goal...instead of running out of the box? I saw it in almost slow motion as soon as he started to run...and I believe that mistake probably cost us the draw...these things happen though, Dundee united are a good team they are bloody fast at the front and solid in defence, although we had a fair few chances when we got behind the defence...their defence fell apart when we got thru...which given a more powerful striker would probably have hurt them more...One thing I didn't like to see was appeared to be county fighting amongst themselves...after that second goal went in...things fell apart after that and we were lucky not to conceded another..

Every time we meet DU its a scary game...we just don't seem to be able to beat them....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Adams interview was psychological managerial blarney. If I hadn't been at the game I'd have thought we were unlucky going on what he said. After watching that display I'd say we have problems and I fear for any game we play. Totally impotent up front, run ragged by any pacey forwards and lacking the creativity Lawson gives us. No doubt Fitzpatrick will be back on Tuesday. Would even consider giving Brown a run in goals. What was obvious from yesterday is who you can rely on and who you can't, so we must learn from that.
Congrats to ICT after the dross they produced last week. Player for player they are no better than us and we should aspire to producing those performances.

(11-25-2012, 11:26 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Player for player they are no better than us and we should aspire to producing those performances.

That's simply not true.

A few points:

1) Poor atmosphere I thought, Del's paper talk seemed to have the opposite effect!

2) I hate shooting the 'wrong way' in the 2nd half, can it be banned please.

3) There is no panic, calm down, on paper D.Utd have one of the best teams in the league. There wasn't much between the teams, and it was a feck-up for their equaliser.

4) I thought our defence did very well, especially Kovacevic and Tokely. Quinn and Vigurs also good for me.

5) As at Kilmarnock and Perth, too often we had no 'out ball' from defence, and ended up hoofing it.
I would put Lawson back in there, and drop Fotheringham. Just my opinion.

Excellent catering, as usual.

As I said before the game to Stuart, etc I was confident Kovacevic would keep GMS quiet as he's been pretty solid all season and I've seen him on TV deal with McGeady a few times effectively.

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else as I thought Kova, Tokely, Quinn and Vigurs were the best performers. Was Fitz still ill? We have a real lack of pace in the team (Sproule coming in Jan will help) and as good as our defence was it shows the trouble fast players can cause in both of Dundee United's goals. Fraser was at fault for the first goal but he had a few class saves especially the one near the end.

Thought we were the better team up until we scored and then Dundee United dominated the last half hour. Probably should have been ahead at HT due to the chances we had. Great save from Quinn's half volley and we should have done better when Kettlewell and Morrow were through on goal. Draw was probably fair but that's football.

Only heard a couple of boo's but good to see Gardyne get a round of applause from 90% of the home crowd.

Kova was excellent.

There were some boos near to me but I presumed they were being directed at the departing Russell. Its beyond me why the hell anybody would boo Gardyne!

(11-25-2012, 02:22 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: A few points:

1) Poor atmosphere I thought, Del's paper talk seemed to have the opposite effect!

2) I hate shooting the 'wrong way' in the 2nd half, can it be banned please.

3) There is no panic, calm down, on paper D.Utd have one of the best teams in the league. There wasn't much between the teams, and it was a feck-up for their equaliser.

4) I thought our defence did very well, especially Kovacevic and Tokely. Quinn and Vigurs also good for me.

5) As at Kilmarnock and Perth, too often we had no 'out ball' from defence, and ended up hoofing it.
I would put Lawson back in there, and drop Fotheringham. Just my opinion.

Fotheringham seems to be in there to break things up but I am with you in hoping Lawson comes back in soon
Excellent catering, as usual.

This seems to becoming do we like vigurs or not thread.

I don't get why most weeks vigurs name is the one that everyone is debating about.

All I have to say is without his 4/5 goals(st Johnston away, on target anyway so should stand as his) and 4/5 assists we would be far off the team we are.

Stats speak for themselves.

Some people keep bringing up that he loses the ball, well open your eyes he doesn't loose it anymore than any of the other 9 out fielders do. Let's be thankful that we have a player of his ability at the club to watch. His good attributes far outweigh his bad ones.

Those in the Jailend and the West Stand won't know it but the sunset was stunning yesterday.

Exclamation 
(11-25-2012, 05:16 PM)yank Wrote: This seems to becoming do we like vigurs or not thread.

I don't get why most weeks vigurs name is the one that everyone is debating about.

All I have to say is without his 4/5 goals(st Johnston away, on target anyway so should stand as his) and 4/5 assists we would be far off the team we are.

Stats speak for themselves.

Some people keep bringing up that he loses the ball, well open your eyes he doesn't loose it anymore than any of the other 9 out fielders do. Let's be thankful that we have a player of his ability at the club to watch. His good attributes far outweigh his bad ones.

yeah but I can't be bothered identifying another player to moan about instead.
Soz Jim'n'Billy