Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Dundee Utd
So Grant Munro at Left Back. That's slightly worrying when he will be coming up against wide players with serious pace. Is Fitz still unwell?

1 up Vigurs! Smile

Apparently the winner was Very Offside!!!

Ill await the reports! Frustrating after being 1up but they are the biggest bogey team ever!
No sacrifice no victory 

That's a disappointing result, sounded like County had better chances overall (based on Open All Mics). Need to avoid defeat on Tuesday night now. Hopefully the team can grab the win.

Why is Adams persisting with Morrow?

Listening to Open All Mics it seems he had 2 very good chances and messed both of them up.

Aye game of missed chances and terrible ping ball by both teams. We are Ross County and we play the long ball. Mmmmm, time to forget that unless we want to unearth it in the first division again.

Hopefully onwards and upwards next week.

(11-24-2012, 05:54 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Apparently the winner was Very Offside!!!

Ill await the reports! Frustrating after being 1up but they are the biggest bogey team ever!

Guy was a good yard offside on the first phase, saying that it should still have been cleared

Passmarks to Fraser, Tokely and Quinn, all were good today. Vigurs MOM! Are you having a laugh sponsor? Shame Granty had to carry the LB slot, whatever required him to be there should be looked at again for Tuesday.

Two excellent early chances went south needlessly.

I know why DA starts with one up front but that limits what we can do. Having two up for the last 10 minutes isn't enough.

Lovely header from Vigurs, beautiful glancing touch, pity that's about the sum total of his contribution apart from a few fancy flicks.

Tuesday is a significant game now, we could do with avoiding defeat....

Honeymoon is defo over now but that said there were a few chances today, United looked shakt at the back, pity we couldn't exploit that.

Roll on Tuesday, come on lads, you can bounce back!

Oh, and I look forward to seeing the winner again, the boy was standing on the goal line when he headed it in.... offside perhaps?
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

First half we created some good chances. The Dundee Utd keeper was the busier. Second half we got the early break through with a great header from Vigurs. Came I think from a good Brittain cross. We were looking OK uptil that point.
United were the more creative but desite all their possesion were doing little with it. The game changed when they equalised. No point blaming individuals but the goal turned the game as I felt it gave Utd a lift. The second and eventual winning goal left us chasing the game and Utd passed the ball about well and tried to maintain possession as best they could. For all the possesion though I can only recall Fraser having to make one very good save from a volley after they went 1-2 up.
I have the horrible feeling we gave the 3 points to Utd today but thats football.
Shame to hear some booing when Gardyne came on-some people clearly have short memories. Thankfully he received a decent round of applause from some of those in the home support.
Not sure if anyone else noticed the wonderful red sky over Mitchell Hill as the sun went down-it was fabulous.
Dundee Utd have alays been a tricky opponents for us so not too downhearted. No one said it would be easy and thankfully we have a home tie on Tuesday to look forward too. Best of luck with that lads.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

From what I heard we did ok just unfortunate.

I will say that st mirren on tuesday night is a must win.
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(11-24-2012, 07:23 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: From what I heard we did ok just unfortunate.

I will say that st mirren on tuesday night is a must win.

I don't agree we are at must win scenarios yet. I know its not very aspirational but as long as we match or better Dundee's results, we will stay up. It is, however, getting worrying our team's lack of victory, especially when you see what our highland neighbours are up to. This is our first season in the top flight though and have no right to believe we should be winning these games. Tuesday is a big game but the last thing we want is to put even more pressure on the lads by calling it a must win game.

(11-24-2012, 06:37 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Passmarks to Fraser, Tokely and Quinn, all were good today. Vigurs MOM! Are you having a laugh sponsor?

Amazing how people see a game in different ways.

I thought Vigurs was very good today, and playing the role just behind the striker - which in my opinion is his best position.

As for Fraser, he made two excellent saves, but he was partly to blame for the first goal!

(11-24-2012, 07:43 PM)thejailender Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 06:37 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Passmarks to Fraser, Tokely and Quinn, all were good today. Vigurs MOM! Are you having a laugh sponsor?

Amazing how people see a game in different ways.

I thought Vigurs was very good today, and playing the role just behind the striker - which in my opinion is his best position.

As for Fraser, he made two excellent saves, but he was partly to blame for the first goal!

Have to agree with TJE here. Vigurs was easily one of our best players today, and while Fraser did make those two excellent saves he had a howler for the equaliser. It was a good chance and they may have scored anyway, but he should never have come out for that ball.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

That was Vigurs's best game of the season today. What does he have to do?!

MOM should have been a toss up between Quinn and Tokely,Fraser made two tremendous saves later on but he has to shoulder the blame for the first and possibly could have done better with the second although it was off side.Brines was his usual self but the stand side linesman had a shocker.I also thought Colin Mac did well enough last week to earn himself a start today.Morrow gives up to easy and is slow to react at times.

(11-24-2012, 07:49 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: That was Vigurs's best game of the season today. What does he have to do?!

TJE, Alness Staggie and Bungle Bonce. Agreed Fraser could have done better at the goals but felt that the build up play should have been halted before he was the last line - again.

I am also amazed at the different points of view on offer. I am going to have to think about Vigurs again. Clearly there are folk out there that see him do stuff that I am oblivious to. I watched Rocco Quinn run all over the place, win balls, create chances, get stuck in. All I saw of Vigurs was the header, a shot that rolled past the goal and some nice but largely ineffective footwork. Most of the folk in the stand beside me were berating him and shouting at him to get into the game. He keeps getting put on the "best player at the club" pedestal all the time. Sorry Bonce, don't know what you saw today but I didn't.

I have no axe to grind with him, I just need to see more to justify the "gifted" status he seems to have with some in the camp!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(11-24-2012, 08:05 PM)kenthehood Wrote: MOM should have been a toss up between Quinn and Tokely

Spot on. My thoughts exactly. Thought Tokely was immense today, and kept Daly quiet for most of the game.

I though 1st half Adams set the team up very well to cope with Daly, playing 4 big centre halves at the back, and he did not get a sniff. Problem is though is that with that set-up we then become vulnerable to the fast break, due to general lack of pace, and we got caught for the second goal as a result.

I am confused as to why Fitz was dropped to make way for Tokely. Munro is no left back. Not convinced Kojak is right back either. We need to sort out two decent wing backs.

Thought Mackay-Steven was pretty much anonymous for the best part.

(11-24-2012, 07:49 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: That was Vigurs's best game of the season today. What does he have to do?!
No, it was not and no "Michael Cox" horse-manure will justify that statement unless you have only seen Vigurs three times this season.
We were well beaten today, Utd dominated the middle of the park and stretched us constantly (particularly in the second half). To be fair, the MoM ticket always diverts from the overall team performance which is actually the key point. St Mirren are not in the same class as DU and I fully expect a more expansive approach from County next Tuesday- and an opportunity for Ian V to have his best game of the season. To those who booed Midge today, hang your heads in shame...

Thought Vigurs was immense in the first half.

Second half was pish poor 1st division stuff all round.