Someone else (please name)
7.89%
3 7.89%
Total 38 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scotland Manager
(11-06-2012, 07:32 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Anyone fancy Harry Redknapp ??

Hopefully only Mrs Redknapp.

The list above is tosh (apart from Smith who is nearly retired anyway) and Strachan is the best of a very average bunch.
Terry Butcher is a very good manager who has achieved a lot with very limited resources at a very limited club.
If the Tartan Army were to give him grief and not give him a chance then they deserve the crap team that they follow.
This is one of the main problems with Scottish Football - stuck in the past and unwilling to try new things and develop the game. The game is dying.
At least Del was not on the list.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Butcher is a one season wonder.

(01-04-2013, 06:06 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Butcher is a one season wonder.

One season would have 45+ games so the same success rate over 45+ International matches would have Scotland riding high in the ratings.

Have you been on those funny fags?

Someone else. Me.
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(12-28-2012, 05:57 PM)staggie34 Wrote: The list above is tosh

Those were the 'media favourites' back in October, thats why I mentioned them.
A few of them are now out of the equation, having taken other posts.

I haven't heard any news names being mentioned though, so Strachan is probably still the favourite.

Strachan it is then.
Good luck to him.

Hopefully he can turn us around, even a little bit.

It doesn't matter who is the Scotland manager, the results won't change significantly enough as the quality of players in the squad is woeful. The money should have been spent on getting a CEO in who could identify that the issue (IMO grass roots but I could be wrong) and put a plan in place to fix it.

Someone needs to be brave and accept that we have seriously dropped the ball over the last 15 years, and that we need to start again....... even if that means condeming the next 10 years or so of Scotland teams to mediocrity so be it, a long term plan to get the standard of footballer in Scotland back to where it was 30 years ago is what is needed.

If we continue to do what we've always done, we will continue to be what we've always been. Something has to change, something more than a Scotland Manager, or a restructure of the league..... something much bigger. I hope someone is brave enough to stand up and challenge the SFA to act now, or are they going to continue to cover each other's arses for the next 20 years..... I hate to think what state we could be in then if they do.

We are at a new low just now as it is, can it get much worse really?

Be interesting to see what happens if all this reconstruction goes ahead, with the opportunity of more 1st Division teams able to make it into the top flight, it might give a few young Scots chance to break into the big league and launch their careers...only problem with that is the same situation will be present, they will always leave us for England to get the bigger wages and a chance at the European Spot light....which sometimes isn't a bad thing.

(01-15-2013, 01:49 PM)Chewbacca Wrote: It doesn't matter who is the Scotland manager, the results won't change significantly enough as the quality of players in the squad is woeful. The money should have been spent on getting a CEO in who could identify that the issue (IMO grass roots but I could be wrong) and put a plan in place to fix it.

Someone needs to be brave and accept that we have seriously dropped the ball over the last 15 years, and that we need to start again....... even if that means condeming the next 10 years or so of Scotland teams to mediocrity so be it, a long term plan to get the standard of footballer in Scotland back to where it was 30 years ago is what is needed.

If we continue to do what we've always done, we will continue to be what we've always been. Something has to change, something more than a Scotland Manager, or a restructure of the league..... something much bigger. I hope someone is brave enough to stand up and challenge the SFA to act now, or are they going to continue to cover each other's arses for the next 20 years..... I hate to think what state we could be in then if they do.

This is one of the most informed posts I have read on OTB. Hits every nail on the head.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Agree wholeheartedly with Chewbacca.
That said I can't wait for the fun of Strachens press confrence after a woefull defeat.
Its Gonna get greasy

Oh dear Wee Gordie has picked wallace from Sevco, although he's a decent enough player this just looks like the SFA want to keep the Sevco fans onside or maybe WGS just wants to put the cat amongst the pigeons early doors. I'm not quite sure how he can pick a player who is part of a team which has struggled to finish off teams lately and part of a defence that has shipped late goals at home to Elgin and Montrose, and lets face it if Wallace was playing in the 2nd Div in England(which i'm sure is of a much better standard than our 3rd div) then he wouldn't have been getting a call up.
I hope this doesn't back fire on WGS but he should be picking players who are playing regularly in the top divisions of whichever country they are in.