Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Losing Concentration?
Okay, first off the only games I have managed this season are the opener against Motherwell and the recent game against Dundee Utd. The three games I am discussing were ones I didn't attend but would like to speculate anyway.

Basically, the 1-1 draw against Celtic was a win, dropped to a draw in the last moments. The loss against St Johnston was a draw up til the last moment as was todays devastating loss against St Mirren.

Am worried the guys are losing concentration or even match pace at the end of the game. What are your thoughts?

(09-29-2012, 09:15 PM)County73 Wrote: Okay, first off the only games I have managed this season are the opener against Motherwell and the recent game against Dundee Utd. The three games I am discussing were ones I didn't attend but would like to speculate anyway.

Basically, the 1-1 draw against Celtic was a win, dropped to a draw in the last moments. The loss against St Johnston was a draw up til the last moment as was todays devastating loss against St Mirren.

Am worried the guys are losing concentration or even match pace at the end of the game. What are your thoughts?

Hmm, I was at Celtic and St Johnstone games but not today's game.
I thought the boys did so well against Celtic and the ref added a ridiculous amount of ET but I don't think it was concentration thing, just the ref running it on until they scored (conspiracy.....) ...... St Johnstone were good for a lot of the game, the concentration bit may well have applied there but only for Kovacevic, he made a schoolboy error whilst going outside marking Wright for the corner, the rest of the defence did well. As for today, who knows? I am getting a tad disillusioned of these last gasp goals for the other sides though, time for us to get some points by doing that because the boys efforts deserve it.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Last season County conceded more goals in the last 15 minutes than any other time in the game. True story.

I'm not too concerned at this moment in time.

I did bring this up last season about Feb/March time as we were conceding loads of last minute goals. Mentally it's bound to have some sort of affect.

Not concerned too much this season yet but it could become a problem later on.

Agree this is an issue and has been for a while. Saying that I felt Celtics last gasp goal was down to us being naive at this level and something that could be sorted quite easily. We over commited the midfield trying to push Celtic back when we should have been focused on seeing the game out, In Div1 we could get away with it but at this level it will cost us. Can't comment on today till I see it but I believe we need to focus and see games out. whether its down to tiredness, nerves or style of play is something for the coaches to sort out but it needs real attention quickly. Its not something that can be ignored and opions form those that go regular would be interesting.

Yes i would say just a bit we have played 8 losted 2 drawn 5 and won 1 i think this is down to 1 the fact that we dont have a big squad 2 cos we are the new boys there lods of precher for us to stay up and 3 the fans need to start sining more and getting behind the boys and it is the same songs over and over again i am not saying the fans are not getting behind the boys i am saying that if we sing and make lods of noice like we do on darby day and do what we do againts caley agants all the other teams

Don't you think it's just because we are the new kids in town..? It's gonna take the boys time to get in to the swing of how things go in the SPL...look at the Celtic game, county were terrific...Celtic were no where to be seen...until the referee decides to add5 mins...St Johnstone, came in and played well..obviously bouncing from their previous weeks win...but we held them..I fully believe they were lucky...and purely wrong place right time...and Dundee U ...well their performance has not been great...yesterday they were hammered by ICT ... And when we played them, they honestly looked poor..compared to last season... I do believe that DA & the coaches will get on top of this...and as time goes on the refs will treat us with a bit more respect, ( is it just me that sees a bias towards the big teams) lets face it...the SPL has been pretty exciting so far..some great games..and some great play...I am sure we will soon have some great wins...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

I would not read too much into these stats; it is very easy to lose concen

(09-29-2012, 09:15 PM)County73 Wrote: The loss against St Johnston was a draw up til the last moment as was todays devastating loss against St Mirren.

Tough when you lose a late goal like yesterdays, but to be honest we hardly deserved to be back level at 4-4.

Its a far harder league, we've done well so far, my only concern is the soft goals we lost yesterday and last week. Our defence was rock solid up until the last 2 games.

(09-29-2012, 09:25 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Hmm, I was at Celtic and St Johnstone games but not today's game.
I thought the boys did so well against Celtic and the ref added a ridiculous amount of ET but I don't think it was concentration thing, just the ref running it on until they scored (conspiracy.....) .

The 4th official put the board up for 3 minutes. The ref played 3 minutes.

Information 
(09-30-2012, 09:45 AM)number8 Wrote: I would not read too much into these stats; it is very easy to lose concen

Nearly saw what you did there, but got distracted.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(09-30-2012, 01:32 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 09:25 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Hmm, I was at Celtic and St Johnstone games but not today's game.
I thought the boys did so well against Celtic and the ref added a ridiculous amount of ET but I don't think it was concentration thing, just the ref running it on until they scored (conspiracy.....) .

I was at Celtic game and it certainly seemed 3 mins was excessive... There was pretty much no stoppage in the second half..and I feel the ref was there for Celtic...I have seen the same ref in another Celtic match and thought the same..where as I thought the ref at the st Johnstone game was pretty fair..I suppose I am biased..

(09-30-2012, 01:32 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:

Indeed they did, but where did they find the 3 mins? That's all I'm saying.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

There were 2 subs and a goal in the 2nd half before the 90 mins were up, so that is 1.30min extra + another 1.30min for other stoppages isn't entirely unreasonable IMO.

Just my opinion but I think the criticism is a bit unfair re concentration. St Mirren lost 2 late goals on saturday in quick sccession, does anyone level criticism at them for that? As for the late goal v Celtic Commons got the break of the ball and slotted it home after Michael failed to hold onto it. That ball could have rebounded anywhere. Unfortunately for us it fell to a Celtic player and not one of our players. Sometimes you get the breaks sometimes you dont.
You can analyse a game and pick out moments that go against you such as a poor pass or being out of position but remember we have come off the back of 40 games unbeaten. Now we lose 2 in a row the team seems to be under scrutiny.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Usually you're going to get a minimum 1 minute of added time even if there's no subs or long stoppages, so an extra two minutes was probably fair enough.

As for the Saint Mirren game, it was poor decision making (perhaps naivety) and fatigue that led to the goal, although you can't really do much against a finish like that. Glen should have punted it out of play, Tokely should have been closer to his man and nobody expected Thompson to go for the overhead kick.

Thats the second long range shot Iv felt was a soft goal Fraser has let in. The first St Johnstone goal should easily have been saved, same as the long range shot at St Mirren, which I think was their 2nd goal?

Thats the only time's iv thought about a lack of concentration in the team.

(10-01-2012, 12:36 PM)theweehighlander Wrote: Thats the second long range shot Iv felt was a soft goal Fraser has let in.

It almost seems like fraser is not paying attention..thinking that will nver get thru the defence...

I'm beginning to lose interest myself.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Terrible these injury time goals involving Celtic Tongue