Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R. County vs St. Johnstone
Hopefully the team can grab a first home win of the season next week.

Are any Central Staggies heading to this one? I'm up in Inverness that Saturday so I'll be heading through to the game.

We looked like we're moving in the right direction with 4 - 4 - 2 on Friday night. I think we'll start scoring some goals, but not confident what to predict for this game. I reckon the squad have the character - as well as the ability - to achieve a win. But no easy points.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

It would be just like St Johnstone to beat Celtic then get beat by us. Draws against Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United are impressive but we have to beat the likes of St Johnstone, Inverness and Dundee to keep us up for a.second season.

I think we shood get a win next week and i think that we shood play the same team that played on friday

St.Johnstone have a lot of pyhsical strikers that could cause Boyd and Munro problems. Hasselbaink , Tade , Vine etc.
Wouldn't be surprised if Kovacevic started this one actually instead of Tokely.

I really think we should be looking to get 4 points minimum out of the next 2 games.

I reckon that the Glen + McMenamin partnership could work well and hopefully the goals will start to come once they get off the mark.

(09-16-2012, 06:42 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Are any Central Staggies heading to this one? I'm up in Inverness that Saturday so I'll be heading through to the game.
Yup. Driving up from Glasgow in the morning.

I can't make the game but got a email this evening from one of the guys driving up! He has 3 seats free leaving from just over the forth road bridge! Also a season ticket going spare. Drop a email to the central staggie address below if interested!
No sacrifice no victory 

0-0? Nah, we can win this. I'll go for 1-0.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(09-16-2012, 09:19 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I think we shood get a win next week and i think that we shood play the same team that played on friday

K'nell...

it's rude to point

but I'd point out that St J have got what should be a decent squad with the ability to ... beat say, Celtic for example. Not saying we'll lose, just that it needs us to play at about the top of everyone's game again.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

I'll miss this one as I'll be at Loopallu. St. Johnstone are a decent side with two reasonable quality strikers in Hasselbaink and Tade with Pawlett another good player.

Hoping we can continue the run but this will not be an easy victory. 1-0, I think.

Wheres the ambition and optimism? I'm going for a 2 or 3 nil win for us...

will be a tough game as the saints will be up for it as they beat celtic but if we go with a 4-4-2 we will win

2-1 win for me

McMenamin is a big doubt. Hasn't trained all week. Good chance for Glen/Morrow and even Byrne to get a run in the team now if they perform well tomorrow.

I won't make this one so it'll have to be Open All Mics and a session of Football Maanger for me.

I think it'll either be 0-0 or a 1-0 County victory. If McMenamin is out I'd quite like to see Byrne starting with Glen in a front two.

I'll be at this one. I think for once we might see some goals from both sides. I'll go for a 3-1 County win.

I hope we really go all out for the 3pts today, it was great to make the big 40 unbeaten but we don't want it becoming a burden. If we end up losing a closely fought encounter but at least have had a real go then I'll have no complaints. Its difficult to know how it will affect the team when we eventually lose, one things for sure I hope it doesn't happen at the dump!

Please please give us 3 points and loads of goals won't be making this one as I'm still drunk to drive up from Edinburgh

Disappointed not to have McMen, and looking for another player to become a hero today.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Is he definitely out?