Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The SPL table
So who would have thought that this seasons SPL seems like a close run thing...after rangers were dumped, everyone thought that Celtic were going to romp to victory, like no one else was playing...

Not sure what everyone else thinks but I love this close table..where only one or two points separate the top 6....let's hope it continues until march at least.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Yeah, you're right. Yesterday's win for St Johnstone was certainly a surprise given their form, or lack of, going into the match. I would love it if it continued like this. Probably one of the best starts to the SPL since its inception.

It would be funny if by the time may came County were challing for the title and caley were going down, but you are right people said before the season started Celtic were going to have one hand on the title by christmas when rangers were dumped but there is some good teams that can give celtic,hearts and dundee utd a good run for there money

I'd like to build up a decent gap above Dundee and Caley, then anything we achieve beyond on that is a bonus.

As long as our main players stay fit, I do think we can compete in and around the position where we sit right now.

I do think Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee Utd, will develop a gap a little gap away from the rest at the top as the season goes on, but below that, there will be very little in it.

I do feel a win against St Johnstone would really put pressure on our nearest rivals, if we can create a decent gap early, that starts to put a real fear in Dundee and Caley.

If I can dream a little here, we win next week and Caley lose at Hibs, Dundee at Celtic, we're 7 points clear of those 2 already.

What a lot of people seemed to have forgotten is The Rangers are not here to farm points off people chasing Celtic. If The Rangers were in the league and say, bet the top 6 they have all dropped points, and then if Celtic bet The Rangers their would suddenly be a large gap developing, like most seasons.

But without 2 teams essentially farming points of most the teams, with them dropping 6 points each old firm visit, it really is going to make it tough for Celtic. Everytime Celtic drop point 3 teams could be on their heels, or above them in this case! The Old Firm really are weaker when they are alone.

You could be right but only time will tell Smile

If you are are Glass half full kind of guy(or girl) then we are only 4 points off top, if you are a glass half empty person then we are 4 points off bottom, thats the best way to sum the league up.

We are in a precarious position though, as 1 defeat could be devestating, but we are in a strong position as 1 victory will see us consolidate our position.

In other news, I had a dream lastnight, that Victoria Park(sorry The Global Energy Dome) was covered with a retractable roof, and they built a train station beside the main stand and it was called Ross County Central, and all the away fans just piled off the train into their seats and back again. Totally unrelated but thought i would tell you anyway!
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(09-17-2012, 11:29 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote: In other news, I had a dream lastnight, that Victoria Park(sorry The Global Energy Dome) was covered with a retractable roof, and they built a train station beside the main stand and it was called Ross County Central, and all the away fans just piled off the train into their seats and back again. Totally unrelated but thought i would tell you anyway!

That would be cool, if you could get a train from The Mallard to right outside the ground, via the Global Energy branch line, and not have to stagger over the bridge. Lazy [censored] 'r' us.

Would it not be a better way for Roy to spend his money...on a train station outside Viccy Park?? Dingwall really needs one..and what better place to build it, but right beside the Station !! I would onyl take th etrain if he put in that travelators...waste of time otherwise
There's a fine line between genius and insanity