Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Kilmarnock
After a midweek mauling our 'reserve' players will comfortably be stepping aside for this one however I think this result depends on what kind of mood a rather erratic Kilmarnock are in. Steady results with a cracking win against an in form Dundee United makes this hard to call.

I could see a home win here if we play well.

Prediction --

Ross County 2 - 1 Kilmarnock
Highlander29

Apparently they have lots of injuries.

Kenny Shiels:
Kilmarnock face a trip to Dingwall at the weekend to take on a Ross County side unbeaten in 38 league matches.

Shiels says their task won’t be helped by their mounting injury list after Jereon Tesselaar limped off against Stenhousemuir.

He added: "That's the downside to football - the highs and the lows - and we've lost another player tonight with Jeroen Tesselaar going off after feeling his hamstring.

"God knows how I'm going to put a side out for Saturday now with the injuries we have, but that's the challenge."

We are hurting big time after last night and I believe this kilmarnocks first visit to viccy park?

I would see a narrow county win for this one.
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Kilmarnock will be no mugs.

Big test for Derek IMO to see if he can keep the team performing at the level they have been in the league so far (which has been superb IMO) after last night.

Looking forward to what should be a good game I reckon.

Pride needs to be restored this weekend.

(08-29-2012, 08:53 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Shiels says their task won’t be helped by their mounting injury list after Jereon Tesselaar limped off against Stenhousemuir.

He added: "That's the downside to football - the highs and the lows - and we've lost another player tonight with Jeroen Tesselaar going off after feeling his hamstring.

"God knows how I'm going to put a side out for Saturday now with the injuries we have, but that's the challenge."

More justification for the team we put out last night. At least we'll have our strongest XI all fit and available having rotated the squad. Killie played their strongest XI last night and not only did they lose, they lost a 1st choice player in Tesselaar
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I have no problems with last nights selection and the fact we are out of the league cup.

Fringe players + Squad players = Usual disapointment + (Fresher players for league duty)

Now there is a formula for ya !!
Highlander29

Just got tickets for the game, first since Hamilton at the end of the season. 7 of us going, can't wait. As a quick question is it possible to get a pint at the ground these days before the game (and where), and with a 4 year old in tow??

Yes in the David Hamilton lounge upstairs. Go in the main entrance, stairs on the right, you might be asked to show your tickets. Its for home fans only now.

(08-29-2012, 02:32 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Just got tickets for the game, first since Hamilton at the end of the season. 7 of us going, can't wait. As a quick question is it possible to get a pint at the ground these days before the game (and where), and with a 4 year old in tow??

You'll get some buzz when you walk into Victoria Park, I purposely never went in over the summer so I would see the renovations for the first time at our first game against Motherwell.

When the ground was full against Celtic, it was magic, the atmosphere against Motherwell was quite tense and muted as it was one of those cagey kind of games.

I'd expect Saturday to be a decent atmosphere as Killie are an decent passing offensive team which promises for a good open game.

I mind when I was a wee squirt going to County training with Don Cowie Sr, just at the time when the old wooden stand was about to pulled down. I can mind putting my boots on sitting in it before going over to the Jubilee, and there bits of the stand rotting and full of woodworm!

I really can't get my head round just how far the club has come in such a short space of time, that stadium we have now in Dingwall, is something we can all feel proud of.

Enjoy your day on Saturday. Here's hoping for 3 points.

3 points a real possibility if their injury list isn't a fabrication.
The guys rested last night will be itching to keep the SPL form going.
Hoping for a 2 goal victory, preferably with no goals against.....
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Aye, let's go one better than Stenny and keep a clean sheet.

Cup upsets happen every season in football.last night County fielded a weakened team and paid the price. on the whole it wont upset the confidence of the team but on the other hand Killie put out their strongest team to avoid a potential banana skin and got beat at home by a much smaller part time side. doing their confidence no good whatssoever.We on the other hand rested practically the whole team and go into this game on Saturday fresh and full of confidence.

(08-29-2012, 02:32 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Just got tickets for the game, first since Hamilton at the end of the season. 7 of us going, can't wait. As a quick question is it possible to get a pint at the ground these days before the game (and where), and with a 4 year old in tow??

I cant see past the Caley bar in the high street. Decent bar, no drama. The burger are cracking as well !!
Highlander29

anyone travelling from aberdeen with a spare seat for this one?

Corcoran has a groin strain and is out (RSJ).

who is going to win us free kicks and penalties now?

Will Rossco be there this saturday - what happened to him?

Photo 
(08-30-2012, 09:40 PM)kenthehood Wrote: who is going to win us free kicks and penalties now?

I expect Duncan, Scott or Lawson most likely to come in, meaning Vigurs might have to go wide left, but more likely Scott, who has played there before.

Byrne might be worth at least a place on the bench
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I suspect it would be Lawson, unless we went for a second striker that is.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.