Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raith at home - Tuesday 28th August
Totally forgot this game existed until I checked the fixture list earlier which maybe tells it's on story.

I know Del played his strongest team possible in every competition last season but I think we should swap it around a bit for this match considering that we have a fairly strong squad. It would be good to see a couple of the youngsters who are on the bench every week such as Cooper and MacPhee. Would like to see Kovacevic and Glen given some game time too who've impressed in pre-season and for the U20's.

I'd go with:

Fraser
Kovacevic Munro Boyd Fitzpatrick
Brittain Kettlewell Vigurs Cooper
Glen Morrow

Subs: McCarthy, Tokely, Byrne, Quinn, Craig

I think that team is still capable of winning the match despite Raith having a good start to the season.

I hope Lawson is fit, would be good for him to get a run before the Killie game.

Maybe give Bateson a start at right-back, and Kova in for Munro or Boyd?

Hard one to call. We obviously want to do as well as we can in this competition, and Raith have started the season very well. So do we go with the same team or risk changing this around despite some of the players maybe being short of match fitness - or do we use the match to get players some match fitness ?

I suspect Derek Adams will go with a full strength team.

Looking forward to this match

(08-26-2012, 07:52 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Totally forgot this game existed until I checked the fixture list earlier which maybe tells it's on story.

I know Del played his strongest team possible in every competition last season but I think we should swap it around a bit for this match considering that we have a fairly strong squad. It would be good to see a couple of the youngsters who are on the bench every week such as Cooper and MacPhee. Would like to see Kovacevic and Glen given some game time too who've impressed in pre-season and for the U20's.

I'd go with:

Fraser
Kovacevic Munro Boyd Fitzpatrick
Brittain Kettlewell Vigurs Cooper
Glen Morrow

Subs: McCarthy, Tokely, Byrne, Quinn, Craig

I think that team is still capable of winning the match despite Raith having a good start to the season.

He never V St Mirren last season.

I don't think we'll see too many changes, just because Adams is quoted as saying there wouldn't be many if any, and I've never known him to say something then not do exactly that.

Oh yeah true, I forgot about the replay v St.Mirren. Probably because I was at work and couldn't make it.

Anyone driving up from Edinburgh? Raith are not running a bus due to lack of numbers but a couple of fans are looking for a lift from Kirkcaldy!

A few changes but a strong team, maybe Craig starting and Tokely being rested.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

And I forgot, after Killie on Saturday, there's a 13 day gap till we play again due to International World Cup qualifying, so it's not like we even need to be thinking of resting players, as they are going to have a break anyway.

I think a bounce fixture for the fringe players would be ideal if the club could organise something for during the break in the fixtures.

Adams should be on the phone to Butcher and asking if they fancy lining up their fringe players against ours, would make sense for both parties.

(08-26-2012, 08:49 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: Adams should be on the phone to Butcher and asking if they fancy lining up their fringe players against ours, would make sense for both parties.
We did that last year and Duncan got injured after a couple minutes and ended up out for a few weeks. Could have been against anyone though...

Just been checking out Raith's performances so far, and three clean sheets out of three in the league.

Could be quite stubborn to break down!

(08-27-2012, 09:28 PM)thejailender Wrote: Just been checking out Raith's performances so far, and three clean sheets out of three in the league.

Could be quite stubborn to break down!

0-0 seems a good bet after 90 mins then. 1 goal in total conceeded by both teams this season.

I would make a couple of changes to keep the team fresh for Saturday. Rest Mcmemamin for one
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Can see McMenamin and a few other first teamers rested. I think it'll still be a reasonable side that goes out but I'd expect Kova, Gary Glen and a few others to come in to try and keep it fresh.

£16 for adults, £8 conc, £4 kids

Cheaper in the Jailend
£14 / £7 / £3
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

One of the clowns off Radio Scotland saying 9 changes for The County but then said he didn't know what the changes were!!

Starting Line up.
25 Brown
02 Bateson
03 Fitzpatrick
05 Boyd
22 Kovacevic
08 Lawson
14 Scott
18 Duncan
17 Morrow
19 Byrne
20 Glen
Substitutes
01 Fraser
04 Munro
23 Macphee
12 Quinn
24 Ross

Its going well 0-2 HT

Christ. Why does Del not rate the cups? This competition is a good chance of winning a trophy.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Hmmm someone fancy letting us know what's happening? This is depressing every time I look at my sky sports app

Diddy cup.... Who cares.

Unless we pull it back and go through, then its no longer as diddy

Clear the objective is SPL survival and we don't rate the cup competitions. It is the fans who have paid out to watch the games where Del has made so many changes I feel sorry for.

But thats football and the fringe players need to get some football and since they replaced the Reserve league with U20, its the only chance they have.
twitter: @michaelmarley27

To be fair, if your going to bomb out a cup at least make it the LC.

Not that this probably came into dels thinking but.

No europe for winning
Still finding feet in spl
Some players needing games, due to injury and u21 rule.

By Christmas we will know where we are league wise and then can have a tilt at the Scottish cup. Without seeing the other line ups its maybe looks like Killie and Hibs have the same plan.
No sacrifice no victory 

By my calculations, Hibs have made 5 changes, Killie have made only 1 change and us 9.

Are SPL clubs taking this cup competition seriously
twitter: @michaelmarley27