Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Red Card..
To be recinded after footage of the match shows County Player Gary Miller did infact block the ball (legally) with his hip and his arm was behind his back.

Questions must be asked why the Ref and the far side Linesman were so inept as to base their decision on the shout from the Thistle players instead??

Angry

The referee gets one look at it, in real time. We can look at it countless times at various speeds. Questions don't need to be asked.

(09-12-2011, 05:19 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: The referee gets one look at it, in real time. We can look at it countless times at various speeds. Questions don't need to be asked.

Yes I undertstand he gets one look, but he must have made that decision on something he never saw. Miller blocked the ball, it does not matter if the ref did not see what part of Millers body it hit, the ref decides on what he sees and he did not see it hit Millers hand because it did'nt. So we see a player sent off for doing the job he is on the park to do, and a ref not doing the job he is on the park to do, which is call it as you see it (which he did not).

(09-12-2011, 05:41 PM)Countybound Wrote: Yes I undertstand he gets one look, but he must have made that decision on something he never saw. Miller blocked the ball, it does not matter if the ref did not see what part of Millers body it hit, the ref decides on what he sees and he did not see it hit Millers hand because it did'nt. So we see a player sent off for doing the job he is on the park to do, and a ref not doing the job he is on the park to do, which is call it as you see it (which he did not).

The referee has to go on his first reaction to the incident. Clearly he felt it was a handball on his first reaction. Whether or not you think he thought it was a handball or not is irrelevant. From the angle the referee is at, the ball may have looked like it hit Miller's upper arm. If it looks like a handball from his angle then it's a handball, and he has to make that call instantly from one position. I fail to see the problem.

First things first....source or post a link saying it's being rescinded or otherwise I will call shenanigans until proved otherwise.

Secondly, if true, then yeah it's a kick in the shins we could have done without. I however will refrain from going down the route of Glasgow twins who wish to have an inquiry every time a throw in goes the wrong way. Refs are human, and no matter how much it grates to accept it mistakes will be made, especially at the speed that some instants happen and considering all other factors it is impossible to expect 100% decisions.

Remember, despite what you think no ref has it against your team...sometimes the rub goes the wrong way.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

As McKie says it;s a kick in the shins but no point in going down the conspiracy route.
As everyone says these things even themselves out, and it would be interesting to see County's penalty incident in the first half - bacause I couldn't see what hapened at it. Maybe it jsut leveled itself out in one game.

From where I was sitting, getting a pretty good view of our penalty, the Partick player definitely hand balled but not only that, he stopped the ball going into the net. I wondered at the time why the ref gave a penalty but not a red card. Next thing you know exactly the same offence happened with Miller (only it didn't!) and the ref decides to give him a red card!! ??
There is no question that if Miller had stayed on the park we would have won the game and been second equal in the league. The red card being rescinded is small consolation as the result of the match still stands.

(09-12-2011, 10:46 PM)BLUEZULU Wrote: From where I was sitting, getting a pretty good view of our penalty, the Partick player definitely hand balled but not only that, he stopped the ball going into the net. I wondered at the time why the ref gave a penalty but not a red card. Next thing you know exactly the same offence happened with Miller (only it didn't!) and the ref decides to give him a red card!! ??
There is no question that if Miller had stayed on the park we would have won the game and been second equal in the league. The red card being rescinded is small consolation as the result of the match still stands.

Have to agree, small consolation and my point was this turned the game and spurred on Thistle whist totally deflating our team who had put alot into the game.

We very rarely if at all hear people complain about Rugby refs? Why is this? is it due to the fact that they used digital technology? Rugby lasts 80min's and seldom do they run into overtime, this includes some challenged calls with the video ref, so using the technology and havin the stoppages would no affect the game that much??

(09-12-2011, 11:06 PM)The Oracle Wrote: We very rarely if at all hear people complain about Rugby refs? Why is this? is it due to the fact that they used digital technology? Rugby lasts 80min's and seldom do they run into overtime, this includes some challenged calls with the video ref, so using the technology and havin the stoppages would no affect the game that much??

Absolute rubbish. You don't hear about it because rugby isn't as big a deal. Johnny Wilkinson was awarded a try against us a couple of years ago which was debated at length during and after the game. Just in the last couple of days with the rugby world cup on Wales were denied match winning points due to a refereeing mistake, when they could've used video evidence. There isn't a system which currently exists which is fool proof and deny injustices but in this case, we wouldn't have had it at Vicky Park on Saturday even if it were used in football.

The ref was a complete shambles from start to finish and he wasnt helped muh by his two linesmen, simple throw ins were clearly given the wrong way countless times and some blatant fouls were awarded the wrong way. I agree if Miller went then the Partick player should have also gone before him, fact is County should have put the game out of Particks reach before the hour mark where we seemed to drop deeper and allow them into the game.
Twitter - @DPGR10

Also with regards to the Wales incident, that was split by the panel in the studio because the video evidence was not fully conclusive. So it's not the fail safe method that those who back the idea think it is.

By the way.....still not seen anything to say the red card has been rescinded. Dont know about you guys but I've never heard of the SFL/SFA work so fast in making a decision.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

(09-13-2011, 01:24 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 11:06 PM)The Oracle Wrote: We very rarely if at all hear people complain about Rugby refs? Why is this? is it due to the fact that they used digital technology? Rugby lasts 80min's and seldom do they run into overtime, this includes some challenged calls with the video ref, so using the technology and havin the stoppages would no affect the game that much??

Absolute rubbish. You don't hear about it because rugby isn't as big a deal. Johnny Wilkinson was awarded a try against us a couple of years ago which was debated at length during and after the game. Just in the last couple of days with the rugby world cup on Wales were denied match winning points due to a refereeing mistake, when they could've used video evidence. There isn't a system which currently exists which is fool proof and deny injustices but in this case, we wouldn't have had it at Vicky Park on Saturday even if it were used in football.

............... you also dont see the game run into overtime because they stop the game clock! There are times when it takes some time to get the right decision.

Refs get far too much criticism these days. Too many fans and managers use the ref to excuse their own teams failings.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Bug 
(09-13-2011, 09:39 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Refs get far too much criticism these days. Too many fans and managers use the ref to excuse their own teams failings.

the County players didn't handle Partick Thistle after 70 minutes and should have done better to prevent Thistle chances and keep a bit of pressure on them. That's what cost us.

there are always going to be debatable decisions, but we need to play well more of the time so that those decisions are less likely to make a difference to where the points end up.

I'm sure Del will have been working on this, and I'm looking forward to the Livi game

No smilies to add for now.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(09-13-2011, 09:39 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Refs get far too much criticism these days. Too many fans and managers use the ref to excuse their own teams failings.

I can't disagree with that and it isn't the ref's fault we have failed to win then last three matches that we should have as we kinda threw ALL 3 away? We could have been flying high in the league.

Refs in Scotland will themselves admit that they're not biased, they're just bad

About the time thing, I'm not bothered how long it takes them, or whether they use outside assistance or not, I just want to see them get the key game-changing decisions right. I'm happy to wait until 5:15pm on a Saturday to tear up my coupon
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_...ewsID=8500

We should find out tomorrow it seems
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

From the SFA site

Quote:Gary Miller (Ross County FC)
Ross County FC v Partick Thistle FC - Saturday 10 September 2011

Case: Claim of Wrongful Dismissal for denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12.

Outcome: Claim upheld to the extent that the offence is reduced to the cautionable offence of unsporting behaviour (handling the ball deliberately).

Does that make sense to anyone ?

(09-15-2011, 05:50 PM)thejailender Wrote: From the SFA site

Quote:Gary Miller (Ross County FC)
Ross County FC v Partick Thistle FC - Saturday 10 September 2011

Case: Claim of Wrongful Dismissal for denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12.

Outcome: Claim upheld to the extent that the offence is reduced to the cautionable offence of unsporting behaviour (handling the ball deliberately).

Does that make sense to anyone ?

My understanding of that is that it has been reduced to a yellow card

(09-15-2011, 08:47 PM)westycrew Wrote: My understanding of that is that it has been reduced to a yellow card

Cue someone complaining about how the penalty can still stand despite the red-card being reduced to a yellow.

So there was still a handball offence. Why downgrade the punishment to a yellow then, because Fraser and Boyd were behind Miller when the ball hit him?