Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Aberdeen v Ross County - 11th August
I know it's still over a month away but I see Aberdeen supporters have issued this:

AFC fans group Dons Supporters Together aims to make the game against Ross County at Pittodrie a sell-out - with YOUR help!
The group has released a statement once again applauding the club's stance on a 'newco', and urging fans to buy season tickets if possible.
Plus they are keen to make the game with County on August 11th a sell-out to help prove to everyone in Scottish football that the top division does not need the 'newco' to be a success.
The statement says: "DST applauds the follow-up statement issued by AFC on 28th June. Our discussions with AFC representatives have confirmed that the AFC board is unanimous in its continuing position to give sporting integrity priority over important financial considerations.
DST fully endorses the Board’s position to vote against a Newco joining the SPL, and not to support the proposals, leaked last week, to parachute the Newco into Division 1, rather than applying the existing rules.
The AFC stance is in accordance with the views of AFC supporters and is consistent with DST’s previous statements. However, DST is concerned that the supporters of other clubs are potentially being misled by their respective boards in that, despite communicating that the views of their supporters, and sporting integrity, are paramount, some boards are, in fact, seeking to support proposals that are contrary to their fans’ wishes, and their publicly stated positions.
DST strongly encourages all supporters to request clarity from their board as a matter of urgency, given the various meetings taking place this week.
DST supports some of the changes proposed last week where they will benefit Scottish football as a whole. However, DST does not support these changes being introduced, and rushed through, as an expedient solution for the benefit of just one team, where the team in question does not actually exist yet and, potentially, does not meet the criteria for admission to the league concerned.
DST’s desire throughout this situation has been to see the applicable justice prevail and would remind the SPL that this was their stated position, as expressed by Neil Doncaster, earlier in this saga i.e. that the SPL would act without favour or prejudice, by applying the rules as they stand, as the only action they could take.
With regard to AFC, DST has been heartened to note the recent positivity and goodwill emanating from supporters toward the club as such feelings have been missing in recent years. Whilst we respect the opinions of all supporters, and acknowledge that some AFC fans may cease attending matches were Newco to be seen to have been unfairly parachuted into Division 1, DST’s view is that it would be subsequently unfair to punish our club, for the actions of other clubs.
Therefore, DST continues to encourage all AFC supporters, who reasonably can, to purchase season tickets, or just attend home games, and provide as much support as possible in these critical times for AFC, to capitalise on the current goodwill and togetherness.
To that end, DST will be working with AFC to do all we can to make the Ross County game on 11th August a sell-out, as this would be a great signal to send that it is a 'New Don' for AFC and everyone connected to the club."

I can't see it being a sellout to be honest but I imagine it's going to be pretty full if the message gets out. Would be good if we could play our part too by bringing a fairly big support and I'm sure we will with it being our first every away match in the SPL.

What's the away allocation at Pittodrie these days? I was planning on heading up to it regardless.

Sheep outfits at the ready!!
No sacrifice no victory 

Cant wait to make the 5 minute walk from my flat to this one. Hopefully should get a fair few away fans there with it being the first time we have played them. With it being in August it should also not be so cold you freeze to the seats.
"it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"
Muhammed Ali

I am going to try for this one too. I have been waiting all my life for this fixture having supported the Don's in the past as my "big" team. Allocation if still the same is about a quarter of the south stand at the beach (east) end. I would guess it is still the same these days?? I honestly did not think I would see the day I would end up in there, but can't wait!!!

(07-03-2012, 01:53 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I am going to try for this one too. I have been waiting all my life for this fixture having supported the Don's in the past as my "big" team. Allocation if still the same is about a quarter of the south stand at the beach (east) end. I would guess it is still the same these days?? I honestly did not think I would see the day I would end up in there, but can't wait!!!

Yeah the away fans are still in that section. In the two blocks of yellow seats in the south stand.
"it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"
Muhammed Ali

Got the train for £36 for the four of us. Buzzing.
YOINK

gonna be there , thats a no brainer for me i also cant wait cos for me walkin into the away section at pittodrie for first time in my life and seein ross county run out onto that pitch , oh cant wait

Quick question for the Aberdeen dwellers!!

I need to be back in EDI for 9pm there is a train at 1708 what time wld I need to leave the stadium!? Google maps says 30mins so 20mins with a wee jog!

Before anyone points out I know there is a train at 1816 but doesn't give me enough time once into waverly!

Advice required!!
No sacrifice no victory 

(07-03-2012, 10:38 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Quick question for the Aberdeen dwellers!!

I need to be back in EDI for 9pm there is a train at 1708 what time wld I need to leave the stadium!? Google maps says 30mins so 20mins with a wee jog!

Before anyone points out I know there is a train at 1816 but doesn't give me enough time once into waverly!

Advice required!!
bein honest prob bout 4-25 to be in safe side for you to get up king st if you walkin , will be close thou, think that be best sorry

I hope the allocation's going to match demand for this.

I aim to be there

I will be there, I have been in every stand at Pittodrie apart from the away end. I can tie it in with a diplomatic mission to the in-laws in Keith. Will tickets be sold via County?

Oh I do hope we stuff them. I would have such a great time at work. The way the Don's Support is it could see the end of Craig Broon if they get hammered by Celtic the week before. But beware they all think thank DA is the next manager in waiting!!!!

Does anyone know if there will be any buses running for this game?
AngelAngel

The smoked kippers are going to do a roaring trade that night...

I'm looking forward to this fixture, I've been waiting for it long enough! According to an Aberdeen supporter here the allocation is 1,800 - plenty!

However, Dons Supporters Together can ram it up their [censored]-pipe.

I cant wait either, as like a few folk iv been living in Aberdeen since 2009 and the 3 different flats iv lived in have all been in ear shot of Pittodrie. After hearing the stadium during the week so many times and on weekends when iv been in it will be nice to finally venture into it myself to cheer on County! Ironically I move next week yet again though to about a 20 min walk away instead of 5mins, but still close enough!! Big Grin

(07-03-2012, 10:38 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Quick question for the Aberdeen dwellers!!

Advice required!!

20mins with a wee jog :p

Last time at Pittodrie, I managed to get Joey Harpers' and Martin Buchans' autographs. My "big" team when I was a "wee" boy !!!

Yeah, my big team too since "I were a lad", been dreading this day for a long time BUT when the chips are down The County must prevail!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(07-04-2012, 11:57 PM)Blinkers Wrote: Yeah, my big team too since "I were a lad", been dreading this day for a long time BUT when the chips are down The County must prevail!
me too. two of my biggest football highlights were gothenburg '83 and hampden 2010. how times change!