Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gary Glen
It's been confirmed that Gary Glen has signed a 1 year deal with Ross County.

Clickity Click

Would like to get some Jambo's thoughts. He hasn't played that much for them, but did play most games from mid Feb for them.

He isn't exactly the tallest, 5 foot 5 inches.

just the type of player that Del can take and develop. replacement for Midge???
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

I was speaking to some Hearts fans the other week about him after it was rumoured he was coming, and a 'Midge replacement' was the exact phrase they used.

Spoke to two Jambos when i heard this was a possibility last week.

Both said bags of potential but very injury prone and like a night out!!!

Hopefully the potential part is still true and he can fulfill it under Del at County.
No sacrifice no victory 

I see he earned his first red card for kicking out at Craig Barr..

Him and Steven Craig can form a very decent partnership I think !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glen

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/gary-...1487_39379

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18471196

Music 
(06-16-2012, 05:16 PM)thejailender Wrote: I see he earned his first red card for kicking out at Craig Barr..

Him and Steven Craig can form a very decent partnership I think !!

The man is alright in my book then. Welcome Gary!!!

(Just kidding kids. Violence is never the answer, except for when asked "what was there a total lack of, when Steven Craig got dismissed for apparently touching Craig Barr?")
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Good news, we needed an extra striker although perhaps also a bit more physical presence to come into squad up front?

Welcome to Dingwall Gary. I look forward to celebrating a few of your goals.

I'm afraid to say that there's no night life up here so you should be okay on that front!

Well in, I predicted this weeks ago !!!

Feeling more smug than John Paul Craig White !!
Highlander29

(06-16-2012, 04:35 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: He hasn't played that much for them, but did play most games from mid Feb for them.

52 appearances (probably most from the bench but still) for a 22yr old at an SPL club...

Im quite excited about this signing (just like when we signed Kurtis). A young player with bags of potential, and if he can keep injury free then could be a key player for us.

Welcome Gary"

(06-17-2012, 11:45 AM)westycrew Wrote: Im quite excited about this signing (just like when we signed Kurtis). A young player with bags of potential, and if he can keep injury free then could be a key player for us.

Welcome Gary"
Ditto. I'd rather a signing like this that a failed SPL journeyman.

(06-16-2012, 04:35 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: Would like to get some Jambo's thoughts. He hasn't played that much for them, but did play most games from mid Feb for them.

According to Wikipedia he is 5ft 10. I have always believed 5 inches makes a fair difference!

(06-17-2012, 12:56 PM)Balnakyle Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 04:35 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: Would like to get some Jambo's thoughts. He hasn't played that much for them, but did play most games from mid Feb for them.

According to Wikipedia he is 5ft 10. I have always believed 5 inches makes a fair difference!

Seems he is 5 foot 10. Soccerbase has him at 5'5
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(06-08-2012, 01:27 PM)staggy4life Wrote: I hear we've offered Gary Glen from Hearts a contract. Young striker but I've not seen him play much to be honest!
I'm fast turning into Mr.Exclusive. Cool

(06-17-2012, 07:01 PM)staggy4life Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 01:27 PM)staggy4life Wrote: I hear we've offered Gary Glen from Hearts a contract. Young striker but I've not seen him play much to be honest!

HAHAHA so if others don't praise you, you're quite happy to praise yourself??

I just love a bit of humility in a fellow County fan lol

(06-17-2012, 07:01 PM)staggy4life Wrote:

heard this last week he was in tenerife on holiday. good signing

Quote from my Jambo season ticket holder mate on Facebook, I had asked him if he had saw him play and what he was like;

"Was gonna post to you about this! GG is a decent player, product of Hearts Youth. Scored against Hibs, so became an instant hit with fans, which in turn gave him a lot of confidence! Always on fringe of 1st team, but only because of Rudi Skacel scoring 20+ a season despite being a midfielder! Couple that with Kevin Kyle, Steven Elliott then Craig Beattie as our dominant strikers, it was always going to be difficult for him to get a decent run. Good strong player, very very quick to react, which is needed in a striker. Don't think he's anywhere near peaked yet, so reckon you guys will get the best out of him so far - which could make him a formidable striker. Defo a decent addition"

Sounds good in my book Cool

(06-18-2012, 01:00 AM)theweehighlander Wrote: Quote from my Jambo season ticket holder mate on Facebook, I had asked him if he had saw him play and what he was like;

"Was gonna post to you about this! GG is a decent player, product of Hearts Youth. Scored against Hibs, so became an instant hit with fans, which in turn gave him a lot of confidence! Always on fringe of 1st team, but only because of Rudi Skacel scoring 20+ a season despite being a midfielder! Couple that with Kevin Kyle, Steven Elliott then Craig Beattie as our dominant strikers, it was always going to be difficult for him to get a decent run. Good strong player, very very quick to react, which is needed in a striker. Don't think he's anywhere near peaked yet, so reckon you guys will get the best out of him so far - which could make him a formidable striker. Defo a decent addition"

Sounds good in my book Cool

Did I miss Rudi Skacel being a 20 goals a season player? And I'm also glad at 22 he's nowhere near peaked. The reviews have generally been quite positive though. I like this signing. Need more though.