Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fallout from Rangers
VOTE WITH YOUR FEET

(06-05-2012, 08:49 PM)Carlos Wrote: But if they do so, they will have to punish all sides that have issued double contracts. That includes Celtic for Juninho. However as Celtic did not win the league that year losing points for every league game that year isn't going to matter, as Rangers will lose every game that year. You may get your Scottish Cup win stripped that season however.

Rangers could be stripped of everything they have won since the first EBT was used in 1999.

The grand total of points won by Celtic when Juninho was on an EBT was zero. The EBT was to do with payments made when he left Celtic, and only came into being at that point. In any event, there is no evidence or suggestion that there was a separate contractual letter hidden from HMRC for this EBT.

Celtic stated they inherited the EBT from Middlesbrough. The payments to the EBT (£765,000) were declared in their annual accounts for 2004/05. In 2008 they saw the possible tax loop hole and made contact with HMRC regarding the matter. All tax was then paid. To me that would suggest that Juninho was receiving his salary into an EBT while an active Celtic player.

Link for evidence:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-gl...t-18169502

However I do concede that the BBC investigation could not find evidence that this was for a second contract. However if the payments do not match what was registered with the SFA at the time Celtic may have a problem. I think Celtic will be fine though, as they have went and got clarification on the matter before HMRC won their case in 2010.
YOINK

(06-05-2012, 11:22 PM)Carlos Wrote: Celtic stated they inherited the EBT from Middlesbrough. The payments to the EBT (£765,000) were declared in their annual accounts for 2004/05. In 2008 they saw the possible tax loop hole and made contact with HMRC regarding the matter. All tax was then paid. To me that would suggest that Juninho was receiving his salary into an EBT while an active Celtic player.

Link for evidence:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-gl...t-18169502

However I do concede that the BBC investigation could not find evidence that this was for a second contract. However if the payments do not match what was registered with the SFA at the time Celtic may have a problem. I think Celtic will be fine though, as they have went and got clarification on the matter before HMRC won their case in 2010.

I have never seen any reference to the EBT having been inherited from Middlesbrough. I have read multiple times that the EBT was set up in April 2005, and Juninho left on 6 April 2005.

even if the FA decide to fine celtic for Juninho Rangers had anything between 63 and 85 will the fines and actions be simular.with Campbell Ogilvie himself an honorarymember of the EBT gang it will be interesting

I double checked my source and yes I can't verify that they inherited the EBT. My apologies.

To sum up Rangers will lose the big tax case, there is enough evidence to show Nerlinger had a double contract, Rangers will be doing well to remain in the league system.

Celtic used one EBT and there is no evidence of a double contract. I think the SFA will invalidate every game where a player with a double contract has played. This will lead to Rangers being stripped of titles and cups but the players will still be allowed to keep their honours and medals (like Marseille in 1993)
YOINK

Liquidation it is.

So the chaos continues.

We know what the SPL will do so over to Our Graham...

"SFA, the decision is yours."

Jimmy Carr just be appointed as new financial director of rangers

http://www.fcsongs.com/Derek_Warfield_-_...ngers.html

was looking for some football songs for a local kids football team fund raiser and found this.

have nt heard that for years surprised nobody else picked up on it.

(06-23-2012, 07:14 PM)kenthehood Wrote: have nt heard that for years surprised nobody else picked up on it.
Probably because it's a song that has nothing to do with Ross County?

(06-23-2012, 07:52 PM)StattoStaggie Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 07:14 PM)kenthehood Wrote: have nt heard that for years surprised nobody else picked up on it.

The Title of the song is Bye Bye Rangers

(06-24-2012, 12:55 PM)kenthehood Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 07:52 PM)StattoStaggie Wrote:

The Title of the song is Bye Bye Rangers

And is all about Celtic beating them. Or at least it was before I stopped listening to the drivel.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

If this is genuine I'm horrified at the SPL.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/range...-division/

They're threatening that, now they've voted them out of the SPL, if the SFL clubs don't let Rangers newco into Div 1 then they'll form SPL2 with Rangers in it, and invite SFL Div 1 clubs to join.

They seem to have learnt nothing. I can't see any way forward which doesn't involve setting up a completely new football structure in Scotland.
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

Looks like the con is on at Mount Florida.

I certainly won't attend another senior Scottish football match if this stitch up is allowed to happen.

Torn. None of this is County's fault, but I find this sickening.
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

(06-28-2012, 06:56 PM)sirjames Wrote: Looks like the con is on at Mount Florida.

I certainly won't attend another senior Scottish football match if this stitch up is allowed to happen.

Seriously considering this. I know it will hurt the game and the team I support, but there comes a moment when you realise it's not a sport your paying to watch, but a commercial vehicle for certain teams (take a guess who) with no hope for the others. Shinty will be what I go to watch I think.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

NOOOOOOOOOOO This MUST NOT be allowed to happen.
If the SPL and Div 1 clubs wont accept Rangers Newco under current circumstances what makes anyone think that they will accept or vote for an SPL2 with Rangers in it? This another example of the Hampden Blazers running around offering solutions without thinking long term.

Why threaten financial meltdown, it was already happening before Rangers went down.

Why quote 16Mil lost to the game with Rangers to Div3 then quote 30% lost to the SPL (what is 30%, why not put a figure on it, does that include gate reciepts at Ibrox) for Rangers to Div1. They are not offering a like for like comparrison. A Fudge

Of that lost 30% 60% would go to the old firm so its a loss of around 12% to the other SPL clubs, it does not mention losses to SFL clubs at all so its a hollow figure or Bull$h$t.

To threaten complete disaster if they don't get Rangers into Div1 is holding a gun to the clubs head but I for one think the gun is loaded with blanks.

With the old firm cartel broken meaningful reconstruction of the whole league structure can and will happen without threatening the clubs with SPL2, SPL2 is a non starter now, the only way forward is a single league structure with a single controling body anything else is suicide and they all know it. Reconstruction and revitalisation will happen now anyway

The blazers are concentrating purely on self preservation and threatening disaster it they dont get their way, they can't see a disaster of their own making has already happened. Now they want to bring in the JCB's to dig an even deeper hole. When will they listen to those involved in playing and watching sport and realise you can't buy intergrity,faith and belief.
Football in Scotland will still be played and watched without Rangers in Div1, it will just be different and in the long run it might even be better.
VOTE NO to Rangers Nweco SPL Div1 Div2. Div3 acceptance through the existing process if they satisfy the criteria is the only acceptable way forward. Rant over.

The sooner this season starts the better, with the newco in Division 3 or outside senior football altogether.
Soz Jim'n'Billy