Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
South England Staggies
I seem to recall a couple of County fans based in or around Southend? If you (or anyone else from South East) are reading this, make yourself known.

I am moving down to Essex next month so will be relying on EasyJet to take me to the games. Will be planning somewhere between 6-10 next season.

I'm now based in the South West (Bournemouth) but want to try and make more games next season and not just when I have a week off so would be good to try and get up with other staggies.
First to the bar

I was in Southend for 6 weeks last summer. I think there was a bus to luton airport from there? I got the train down and back, but it really wasn't worth the hassle.

Def going up from Stansted to the Celtic game on 22nd Dec. Flying back on Sun 23rd. Other than that everything else is still in the pipeline!

(05-10-2012, 05:10 PM)kif Wrote: I'm now based in the South West (Bournemouth) but want to try and make more games next season and not just when I have a week off so would be good to try and get up with other staggies.

Hi Kif
I'm just outside Bournemouth, getting to any games is a real pain especially since I have a young family. More than happy to hook up for travelling if I can make any though

What is more appealing to us south of the border. A home or away match? For me, getting to Dingwall means a flight from Luton which in itself is a 100 mile trek. Stansted is only 30 miles. So for ease away matches in Glasgow or Edinburgh is easiest.

(07-25-2012, 11:02 AM)Haitch Wrote: What is more appealing to us south of the border. A home or away match? For me, getting to Dingwall means a flight from Luton which in itself is a 100 mile trek. Stansted is only 30 miles. So for ease away matches in Glasgow or Edinburgh is easiest.

Home or away makes little difference to me as Easy Jet Bristol to Inverness is easier than Stansred or Luton but Inverness means hiring cars or trying to link up with trains so Glasgow or Edinburgh are easier from that side. Southampton to Inverness has been silly money int he past. Overnight accomidation is much the same wherever except the B&B breakfasts are better in the highlands & its good to join in the crak in Dingwall post match.

Kif and Dorsetstaggie - see new post in The Jailend regarding England based Staggies.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

'Ello. I'm based in Southampton and definitely planning on heading up next season. Just not sure what the best options are?! Previously I have flown up from Luton but it means a whole weekend and is proving to be a right mission!!!

Gem Smile

For the Dorset based Staggies usually works out at about £20 for a single from Weymouth to Bristol, had a few cheap flights from Bristol to Inverness. As long as its in advance should be able to do it for about £80 return.

(06-18-2013, 12:38 PM)gemross Wrote: 'Ello. I'm based in Southampton and definitely planning on heading up next season. Just not sure what the best options are?! Previously I have flown up from Luton but it means a whole weekend and is proving to be a right mission!!!

Gem Smile

Southampton run a train service to Gatwick, takes about two hours.

Easyjet are going to run more flights on their London-Inverness route.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Thats good. I wish it was from Stansted though as getting to gatwick is a pain for me.