Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.14 Average
Victoria Park - updates
Obviously over the course of the summer there will be a little bit of change around Victoria Park, so thought maybe a thread showing a few updates now and again of how things are going on.. feel free to add your own if your passing the ground!

The grass is no more already !

Attached File(s)
.jpg   victoria-park.jpg (Size: 46.64 KB / Downloads: 248)

Exclamation 
(04-29-2012, 08:05 PM)thejailender Wrote: ...
The grass is no more already !

wow. a clear indication of the no-messing-about-we-will-be-ready attitude of the Board.

Looking forward to more photos in the coming weeks.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

I had a look yesterday once the game had finished at the work being done for the away end. Looks like things are coming along nicely.
[Image: P4280060-1.jpg]
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I was down this afternoon with one of my kids and saw the work on the pitch and took a couple of photos from the open gate, how did you get into the ground? With them having construction signs up i thought i'd get chased if i asked to go in for some more photos.

(04-29-2012, 09:54 PM)Ed Wrote: I had a look yesterday once the game had finished at the work being done for the away end. Looks like things are coming along nicely.
[Image: P4280060-1.jpg]

Don't look too closely but Billy Reid is buried under one of these concrete pilings.

A few other pictures appeared on face book today of the stadium

Attached File(s)
.jpg   away-stand-founds.jpg (Size: 33.77 KB / Downloads: 157)
.jpg   tractors.jpg (Size: 28.93 KB / Downloads: 156)
.jpg   jailend-digger.jpg (Size: 23.68 KB / Downloads: 186)

Shocked 
(04-30-2012, 08:39 PM)thejailender Wrote: A few other pictures appeared on face book today of the stadium
mmm tractors and diggers.

But a bit alarming to see that digger violating / sticking its proboscis into the Jailend?
Soz Jim'n'Billy

I have heard of parking the bus in front of the goals but never the digger.
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(04-30-2012, 09:32 PM)Ed Wrote: I have heard of parking the bus in front of the goals but never the digger.

We've signed John Barnes??

Great thread, will be watching with interest over the coming weeks. Lets hope it all goes to plan. Getting straight into it is promising though. Its business time!!!

Think there should be maximum security on the goal mouth at the Jailend so that no Caley Tops or Scarfs are burried there! I'm sure theres a county top underneath one of the goals in Inverness?
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

A few pictures from today when I walked past. Lots of dumper trucks etc driving about and I didnt go past the gates.
FROM JAILEND ENTRANCE
[Image: P5020001.jpg]
SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO
[Image: P5020002.jpg]
IN FRONT OF AWAY END
[Image: P5020003.jpg]
AWAY END
[Image: P5020004.jpg]
[Image: P5020005.jpg]
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Thanks for all the pic's, even though they are slightly terrifying seeing Victoria Park getting this violated, keep em coming!

Not a great deal to report. Plenty of activity today though as work continues. Might see some difference next week though I was told.
MORE CONCRETE POURED BEHIND THE AWAY END
[Image: DSC_0002-3.jpg]
LOOKED TO ME LIKE THE BARRIERS IN THE JAILEND HAVE BEEN REMOVED
[Image: DSC_0004-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0018-1.jpg]
CAR PARK IS A HIVE OF ACTIVITY
[Image: DSC_0017.jpg]
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Shocked 
exciting.
in a denuded sort of way

More tractors, diggers and dump trucks than you could throw a small boy at.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

It's the small quary in the car park that surprised me!

Are the concrete steps/terracing of the away end being incorporated into the new north stand and following the same gradient or are they still to be demolished and turned into rubble?

Looks to me like it is going to be part of it. Was thinking along those same lines too. If so that is quite smart and maybe it was constructed that way with the expansion in mind.

(05-06-2012, 12:52 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Looks to me like it is going to be part of it. Was thinking along those same lines too. If so that is quite smart and maybe it was constructed that way with the expansion in mind.

They will be part of the new stand.

The original plan (10 years or so ago) was to have the existing terrace form part of the new stand, as well at the back of the stand being the wall of the football academy, but given the SPL reduced the seating requirements from 10,000 to 6,000 the away stand is smaller, so not going as far/high as to need that wall

Thanks for confirming. I did think that would be the case looking at the photos. That is one thing that has always impressed me about County, great forward thinking over the years. I never thought about the away end like this before until I seen the photos. This means a fair section of the work is already complete and paid for!!!! I am guessing the East stand is very similar which is more obvious to spot. Thankfully the club did this, imagine how much the current redevelopment work would have been if it were not for this forward thinking in the past!