Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SPL Season Tickets
How many do you think the club will sell next year? Will the increased prices put people off or will the better opposition increase sales? As a (as another thread has put it) part-time supporter I wonder if it will be quite easy to get a ticket on my trips home? As I stay in Aberdeen it is probably quicker to go to Glasgow & Edinburgh than Dingwall and definately quicker for Dundee, Perth and obviously Abz. But for me there is nothing like a home game and usually time my visits for home matches.
I would hate to go through a season without being in Victoria Park!!!

How many seasons ticket holders are there currently?

Haven't a clue but another worry will be the increased demand for 'freebies'

(04-21-2012, 11:51 AM)ProCounty Wrote: How many do you think the club will sell next year? Will the increased prices put people off or will the better opposition increase sales? As a (as another thread has put it) part-time supporter I wonder if it will be quite easy to get a ticket on my trips home? As I stay in Aberdeen it is probably quicker to go to Glasgow & Edinburgh than Dingwall and definately quicker for Dundee, Perth and obviously Abz. But for me there is nothing like a home game and usually time my visits for home matches.
I would hate to go through a season without being in Victoria Park!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. We'll probably sell out (or come very close to it) against ICT, Rangers and Celtic but there'll be loads of seats for every other game.

I imagine season ticket sales will be up on current levels given the increased interest in the SPL, even though they'll be more expensive.

I wonder if the club will start a ticket database like other clubs have in order to prioritise selling for big games? I know Aberdeen have one, and if you want a ticket for an Old Firm match you have to be registered on the database. All that takes is to buy a ticket for any other game, but it helps weed out Old Firm fans trying to sneak in to the home end! It'd be costly to implement but might be a requirement of the SPL. I dunno.

My concern for next season is away games.
Season tickets generally get priority for away games where thickets are limited, but given that Rangers and Celtic will only give is a few hundred tickets, and there is bound to be a high demand. Will people who go to other away games be given priority for these games?

I know it's maybe a contraversial point to take on it, but I for one would be disappointed after going to a lot of smaller away games, and then not being able to get the big games

(04-21-2012, 12:27 PM)thejailender Wrote: My concern for next season is away games.
Season tickets generally get priority for away games where thickets are limited, but given that Rangers and Celtic will only give is a few hundred tickets, and there is bound to be a high demand. Will people who go to other away games be given priority for these games?

I know it's maybe a contraversial point to take on it, but I for one would be disappointed after going to a lot of smaller away games, and then not being able to get the big games
I think away games will be ok as they have to segregate the fans. I was at Ibrox recently with my Dundee United supporting pal and they allocate a corner which prob holds about 1000. Abz also allocate enough for our away support

(04-21-2012, 12:27 PM)thejailender Wrote: My concern for next season is away games.

I imagine it'll be the same as other clubs - tickets go on sale to season ticket holders for a few days, then public sale. Would be unusual to prioritise those who go to away games over anyone else who doesn't have a season ticket. Going to lots of away games is all well and good, but Ross County doesn't see any of the money spent in the process!

I'll go to lots of away games next season, but won't make it to Victoria Park enough to make a season ticket worthwhile. If I want to go to Ibrox or Parkhead I'll just have to be quick off the mark when tickets go on public sale.

I think the away allocation at Ibrox is something like 900. No idea for Celtic. Any other club will give us as many tickets as we want!

Buy a season ticket?

Inverness away would be the hardest I'd have thought

(04-22-2012, 01:49 AM)stu.staggie Wrote:

Buy a season ticket?

I have a season ticket, and have done for around 20 years. I've also been travelling on a regular basis to away games for the same period of time.

My issue is that if for example Rangers give us 900 tickets, and every one of our 2000 season ticket holders want to go. Then there won't be enough tickets to go around.

The 200 or so regulars at away games would be quite annoyed if they missed out for a game like this - the same would be for Celtic I guess. (other grounds would have away sections big enough to cover all our season ticket holders)

Also a lot of our regular away supporters are central belt based fans, and may not have season tickets due to them making mainly away games, and just a few home games.

It would be unfair on them to give priority to season ticket holders who pick and chose away games!

The club are very good at arranging things, so I'm sure they will have some plan in place!

I know of one club in England where they sell away season tickets, around 500 to 800 each year. Once the fixtures are out in June they work out how much the away tickets for each game are going to cost, add it up, and charge that for the season ticket. The fan has to pay the lot up front in July, but gets the benefit of a guaranteed ticket dropping through his/her letterbox a couple of weeks before each away game, without having to go through the rigmarole of applying each time. The club gets the benefit of having all the money in the bank until each away game, at which point it hands over the sums due to the other club. Normal away tickets are also sold in the usual way of course.

Surely Supporters Clubs should get priority for away tickets, this is an organised way of making sure that folk who regularly attend away games recieve priority tickets. Charge about £10 or so. Members would get priority over season ticket holders, season ticket holders could still join, but this would allow central belt based supporters the chance of getting 4-16 games a season guarentead without having to buy a season ticket which they may struggle to attend all home matches. This would also be a way of repaying those who have played a massive part in gaining county promotion by their drums and noise and atmosphere, which is welcomed by us up north who can't get to away games frequently.

This would hopefully increase the membership of supporters clubs, and help create new ones, looks like there is enough interest seeing the thread on Central Belt Based Supporters. It would be an organised way of keeping members informed of away tickets before they go on general sale. I used to be part of the Dingwall Supporters Club in the 90's and early 00's, this provided insurance for postponed games, and priority to bigger home games aswell.

Or we could get a sponsorship deal with O2 and O2 customers receive priority tickets!
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(04-22-2012, 09:55 PM)thejailender Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 01:49 AM)stu.staggie Wrote:

Buy a season ticket?

I have a season ticket, and have done for around 20 years. I've also been travelling on a regular basis to away games for the same period of time.

My issue is that if for example Rangers give us 900 tickets, and every one of our 2000 season ticket holders want to go. Then there won't be enough tickets to go around.

The 200 or so regulars at away games would be quite annoyed if they missed out for a game like this - the same would be for Celtic I guess. (other grounds would have away sections big enough to cover all our season ticket holders)

Also a lot of our regular away supporters are central belt based fans, and may not have season tickets due to them making mainly away games, and just a few home games.

It would be unfair on them to give priority to season ticket holders who pick and chose away games!

The club are very good at arranging things, so I'm sure they will have some plan in place!

I'm sure it will be fine.

Our away attendances will go up in numbers am sure but not dramatically.
Rangers(if they will still exist) and Celtic will be the one's most will prob want to go too, when you see the away support tucked away in that wee corner at Ibrox compared to what you get at Hibs and Hearts it makes you wonder.

although i am a great fan of the away day i am actually more looking forward to the big guns coming up to us! would be great to see how we fair week in week out in the SPL, the obvious dream is to make VP into a fortress that nobody likes coming too, we are half way their already i would say after our cups runs of recent years, Dundee Utd, Hibs, St Mirren all never really enjoyed coming up although Dundee Utd always seemed to sneak away with a win!

Bring on the new season!

My club - Sheffield United, run a loyalty points scheme. You get so many points for being a season ticket holder and then when you purchase away tickets (albeit in advance) you get extra points. This total is then used to base who gets priority for any subsequent games. These are then sold on seperate days with a sliding scale of who can buy what and when. I'd post a link but the last away match in Exeter is sold out so no indication is there to view anymore.

The Issue I suspect you guys may have is the 'advance' away tickets. I've been to watch the Staggies at Aidrie, Cowdenbeath and Livingston in recent years (and yes Hampden Park with ticket) and simply paid on the day with no ticket being issued. Would you get advance tickets at the likes of Dundee Utd or Motherwell or would it be pay on the day?

Easy to adminster and works a treat for us - but not sure it would work if you didn't have the advance tickets policy for all your away games.

Either way, I'm hoping to be able to get to the Glasgow and Edinburgh games.....Angel ticket availablity allowing. I for one would have no issue with whatever scheme is intorduced for 'regular' away followers having obvious preference, even if it meant I couldn't get to Celtic/Rangers etc.

UTB

My major concern is that I will miss out on the games, I can go to. I wouldn't buy a season ticket as it seems a waste of money as over the past few years, I have been to Dingwall a handle of times.

And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon that I am a part time supporter or a glory hunter, I go to away games whenever I can, and the reason I don't go to Dingwall is down to location and time taken to get to Dingwall.

I would probably get to 10-15 away games a year, and yes I have been following County for 20+ yearrs, matter of fact my first season ticket was £50 and that was 19 years ago
twitter: @michaelmarley27

Simples!!

Join your local RCFC Central supporters club, like many have already!

As i said already i'm sure if we get enough names the club will be happy to help us in anyway they can they have already indicated as much albeit verbally and in no way fully committed to it!

Hopefully more to follow over the pre-season.

No sacrifice no victory 

(04-23-2012, 07:29 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Simples!!

As i said already i'm sure if we get enough names the club will be happy to help us in anyway they can they have already indicated as much albeit verbally and in no way fully committed to it!

Anyone aware of a supporters club near Sheffield?

(04-24-2012, 12:16 PM)Blade3uk Wrote: Anyone aware of a supporters club near Sheffield?

There was the Durham supporters club. That's almost near Sheffield

Who should get priority in the unlikely event that demand exceeds supply for away tickets (or in the slightly more likely event of us playing Newco Rangers on Glasgow Green)?

Home season ticket holders who rarely go to away games; or
Those who go to most away games but rarely make it to VP?
(04-24-2012, 12:16 PM)Blade3uk Wrote:

Here's one: http://www.wednesdayite.com/about-us.html

Should welcome you with open arms.

(04-24-2012, 01:13 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Who should get priority in the unlikely event that demand exceeds supply for away tickets (or in the slightly more likely event of us playing Newco Rangers on Glasgow Green)?

Home season ticket holders who rarely go to away games; or
Those who go to most away games but rarely make it to VP?
(04-24-2012, 12:16 PM)Blade3uk Wrote:

Here's one: http://www.wednesdayite.com/about-us.html

Should welcome you with open arms.

Hilarious !! I nearly laughed Angry

Durham - not really that near but thanks Jailender.