Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Seating in next seasons Jailend
Over the last few weeks I’ve been wondering what the seating arrangements will be next year for tickets in the jailend, and from speaking to folk in the pub I’m not alone. This has a couple of implications as far as I can see:
  1. Much has been made about the need for an improved atmosphere in the ground, and in recent weeks there has been a lot of comments from the club and in particular the players about how big an impact the vocal support has had during the run-in. There has also been numerous threads and comments on OTB about atmosphere at games and what can be done to improve things – which has ultimately had an impact as the season drew to a conclusion. As we go up and face larger, more vocal supports in the away end it will be even more important that the home support are not subdued – but we run the risk of the vocal minority ending up spread around rather than concentrated in the same area of the stand.
  2. At the moment we have the luxury of being able to buy a ticket and stand wherever we want. If you regularly go to matches with friends who may not have season tickets, you can still stand together. Fans who can only make a few games a season can stand in the midst of those able to go more often and feel just as much a part of the support.
I'll confess that I don’t know what the clubs plans are, or even if there are specific rules in place concerning how clubs sell match tickets/season tickets. However I know if I had a choice, it would be for the club to simply sell tickets for “The Jailend” rather than for a specific seat – surely from the club’s perspective it can’t make much difference selling 1,047 tickets for ‘the jailend stand’ rather than 1,047 individually numbered seats in the stand?

If that’s not possible, would fans be interested in having something along the lines of an open day, where the new stand is open for fans to drop by and try out the view from the new seats to try and pick where they would prefer to sit? You could at least have groups trying to pick seats in the same area then rather than a randomly allocated seat (even on a first come first served basis). They could even try and make money from it towards the ‘UP’ campaign – come along and try the new seats out a day before they go on general sale, but it will cost you a couple of quid for the privilege!

As StuartTaylor said on here said in a previous post “I'm more concerned about getting a seat in the Jailend and finding out it's behind a pillar! At least when you're standing you can move.”

What do other fans on here think? Is it worth putting the proposals to the club, or does no-one really care where they sit as long as they see County in the SPL? I’d welcome your comments (and bear in mind that the club do keep an eye on the forum).

Cheers

Adrian

PS I know of a few supporters of Highland League teams or other neutrals that come along and support County on the days when their own team aren’t playing, even if part of the attraction is to catch up with mates in the pub for a few beers before/after the football. They may not be so keen to do this next year if they cannot sit together, so can we afford to turn away cash from the turnstiles?

We've been discussing this a fair bit as well. Around half of our group of say 10 or so, has no season ticket and it would be a shame for them not be able to sit with the rest of us.

I was thinking of siiting towards the back of the jailend in the middle as that is the most noisiest part of the jailend.

I'm considering switching from the Jailend to the East Stand next season. If I am going to be spending upwards of £20 per game, I would like a decent view of the action.

Can only echo both Mambo82 and sirjames. It's for these reasons I/we are also thinking about going to the East Stand. As I'm not a fan of seating I just feel if I have to sit then I want a better view out of it and suspect it's going to be easier for a group of us to get seats together in the East. But not being able to be beside your friends for every game is the worst part of this whole seating debacle. Sadly not everybody's going to be happy.

First come first served basis in the jailend much the same as it is today and at away games seems simpler. Take a seat where you want instead of a spot to stand. Much easier to administer for the club too.

Someone said that's what Caley did? (ie sit where you want on the day).
What happens then, if its a sell-out, you are late in, how the hell do you find the last seat!

Not sure what the club will do.

(04-18-2012, 08:30 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: What happens then, if its a sell-out, you are late in, how the hell do you find the last seat!

There will always be a few spare seats. Not every season ticket holder will turn up for every match.

Yeah, as was the case on Saturday, despite both stands being 'sold-out'.

Interesting question though. What is the protocol if you find someone sitting in "your" seat?

Can they simply just make the Jail End 'unreserved seating'?
"When the season began, Ross County struggled to beat Morton at home. And now, on this historic day, it is us mere mortals struggling to find words to describe their brilliance. Celtic, meanwhile, just struggled and were simply blown away."

I suspect many folk will just stand in the Jailend anyway. Sit down at half-time.

I personally think that if it is allocated seats in the jailend it is gonna kill what singing there is. leave it as a open seating and just sell tickets for the stand.

It's all about control. If you have a nominated seat, then if you misbehave e.g. inappropriate singing, the police know who you are. Likewise if you are a fan of another club e.g. pick one of two in Glasgow, and you buy a seat for the home support end, the police can identify you later.

Willing to guarantee that no matter what the Club or the fans might want, the police will insist on it being allocated seats.

(04-18-2012, 02:33 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: It's all about control. If you have a nominated seat, then if you misbehave e.g. inappropriate singing, the police know who you are. Likewise if you are a fan of another club e.g. pick one of two in Glasgow, and you buy a seat for the home support end, the police can identify you later.

Willing to guarantee that no matter what the Club or the fans might want, the police will insist on it being allocated seats.

Why dont all the supporters that want to sit together in the jailend, get a list together and submit that to the club asap ? I'm sure the club would be keen to preserve the terrific atmosphere that has been there for years ( especially this season )!

(04-18-2012, 01:26 PM)snowball3117 Wrote: I personally think that if it is allocated seats in the jailend it is gonna kill what singing there is. leave it as a open seating and just sell tickets for the stand.

What Snowball said!!

Its game over for any sort of singing/atmosphere with the majority of folk that create any spread to the wind!!!

Open seating is a must!!

Lets start a Open seating Campaign.
No sacrifice no victory 

I left the jailend 2 seasons ago. Took a bit of getting used to being in the East Stand but I get a great view from my seat and wouldnt want to move back.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I have been planning to move to the East stand, probably where the new part of the stand joins the existing. Jailend has a good atmosphere, but the view is going to change from average to poor in my opinion when the seats go in.

Sounds like a fair few are planning the East stand. No reason that the East stand can't produce as good an atmosphere as the Jailend stand.

As other have said, if I am going to pay more to watch us compete with stronger teams I want toget a better depth perception of the game.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9