no
60.00%
9 60.00%
Total 15 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
flag idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi me and and a couple of mates are thinking about getting a flag(15ft by 8ft
france flag) and with the crest in the middle with rcfc and with sheep sh*ggers on tour.
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on it were.Ill post up a picture when I have finished creating it.And if people are ok with the idea.

(04-17-2012, 06:32 PM)dy no mite Wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

france flag) and with the crest in the middle with rcfc and with sheep sh*ggers on tour.
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on it were.Ill post up a picture when I have finished creating it.And if people are ok with the idea.

You do realise Aberdeen are referred to the sheep sh*ggers?

(04-17-2012, 07:00 PM)Pesto Wrote: You do realise Aberdeen are referred to the sheep sh*ggers?

Which brings us an excellent song next season when County play them:

"We love sheep more than you"

Excellent doesn't do it justice, IMO.

yes and we have been referred to sheep sh*ggers aswell

Get a flag if you want but I would rethink the sheep bit

(04-17-2012, 06:32 PM)dy no mite Wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd forget about the sh*ggers part of it. Because you won't get it into any ground.

I've been taking my flag to away games for around 11 years now, and more often than not I am asked to show what is written on it before even getting it into the ground. And then once in, as soon as you go to set it out, there will be a steward/police over to check what's on it.

Lower leagues weren't such a problem as the stewards/police simply want an easy afternoon watching football, but 1st division / SPL ground where they have supervisors watching over them, they are a lot more fussy!

So I would reconsider and think carefully about what you get written on it, or it'll simply be a waste of money

thanks for the advice jailender I didnt even think about that. My mates and I will scrap that idea then back to the drawing board.

although we do get called sheep shaggers by other clubs, were really not the sheep shaggers in that league. Aberdeen hold that title and it look cheap for us to steal it.

Why not get "Highlands number 1 team" or along the lines of that because thats having a dig at caley and well.......we are!!!!

thanks for the idea im now thinking 'pride of the highlands'.

(04-17-2012, 07:43 PM)thejailender Wrote:

I'd forget about the sh*ggers part of it. Because you won't get it into any ground.

I've been taking my flag to away games for around 11 years now, and more often than not I am asked to show what is written on it before even getting it into the ground. And then once in, as soon as you go to set it out, there will be a steward/police over to check what's on it.

Lower leagues weren't such a problem as the stewards/police simply want an easy afternoon watching football, but 1st division / SPL ground where they have supervisors watching over them, they are a lot more fussy!

So I would reconsider and think carefully about what you get written on it, or it'll simply be a waste of money

Just to back up what TJE has said!

They generally make u take it out the bag and show what is on it!!

The SPL will be much more clued up on this due to TV etc.

You may also need a fire certification, i have been asked about these at Hampden and also at two first division games this season.

Ill PM you what to do with this. If your getting it made by Barmy Flags or such like it should come with this, home made jobs are not so straigh forward however.
No sacrifice no victory 

thank you very much and yeah i was planning from barmy flags.
If anyone has or wants to give me a suggestion I would appreicate it. I have one in mind pride of the highlands

yep i like that "Pride of the Highlands"

'Highland league to SPL' with county logo is worth considering - since we are THE only team to do it.

I think you just get "Hi!".

Simple yet effective.

"pride of the north" was written on our scarves in the third division. Another option?

A flag sounds like a great idea and a different way to show our support. How did the flag turn out?

(10-08-2019, 09:22 PM)Sxc boi Wrote: A flag sounds like a great idea and a different way to show our support. How did the flag turn out?

You’ve certainly dug deep here.

Oh dear, I was having a browse and it looked like an interesting topic. Didn’t realise it was so long ago. Oops!

Maybe "The Premier Team In The Highlands"

Or a recent County chant "We are the Highlands "