Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home goal of the season
Just wondered what goals stood out for you this season at Victoria Park. I dont recall any wonder strikes from us that found the back of the net although a few fine efforts came close.
Two goals stuck in my head. The first was the game after the 5-1 defeat to Hamilton and the 3 pts that day heralded the start of the fine unbeaten run we are still on to this day. It was the 2-0 win over Queen of the South on the 30th August. We had been reduced to 10 men but up popped Steven Craig as the game entered the final stages to score. It wasnt a wonder goal but being a man down and after the previous weeks score it was great to see the net bulge.
My other goal of the season was during the game v Falkirk in November which we won 3-1. Gardynes goal to put us 2-1 up showed a great deal of skill. The long range free kick came crashing off the post and Michael was first to react to the rebound to bury it into the back of the net. We went 2-1 up and that game really showed we had what it took to see off our rivals for the top spot.

Two other goals stood out for me and both were scored by the opposition. The first was by Alan Walker for Raith in the 4-2 win in December. It was a fantastic effort from 30yds if I recall and gave Michael no chance in goals. A peach of a strike. The one that was marginally better in my opinion was scored by an Ayr player whos name I forget during the 1-1 draw in February. It was a screamer-end of.
Any stand outs you can recall?
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Any Vigurs free kick would do it for me, I just love to watch them curl in the top corner.

Yeah, Vigurs free kick against Stenny? in the Scottish Cup was a peach.

ed the ayr player is lee tomsett.

grant munro goal against hamilton when we won 1-0