5 20.00%
Total 25 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
England ?
Who will win the league ?
Highlander29

Hopefully my team, MCFC! Not holding our collective breath though...

Man U but i'd love to see City do it, i'd love them to i really would!!

I'd rather see United win it, City are entertaining media wise but there's something about the way they were in the transfer market that's taken then shine off them. the recent quote from Mancini about how much he feels they need to invest AGAIN for next season is also a massive wtf moment.
DPM Catering
Twitter | Facebook

Can't stand either of them but at least Man Utd are a proper team ans not a bunch of mercenaries. Manure will win it.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I think Man City could nick it on goal difference.

Scottish managers always get my support. So Im backing Man Utd.
Highlander29

(04-13-2012, 10:44 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Can't stand either of them but at least Man Utd are a proper team ans not a bunch of mercenaries. Manure will win it.

ROFLMAO. Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand etc. Signed because they loved the club, nothing at all to do with the money, or the massive fees being paid for them. Oh no.

Man U were football mercenaries with a bigger budget than anyone for years before Abramovic or the Man City Arabs came along. They are just griping about the fact that they no longer have things their own way when it comes to being the biggest spenders. At least City actually have some proper fans in Manchester, not just Surrey and Malaysia.

I couldnt care about english top flight.

Championship for me
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Doesn't worry me, the important league has been decided and we won it...

(04-16-2012, 01:33 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 10:44 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Can't stand either of them but at least Man Utd are a proper team ans not a bunch of mercenaries. Manure will win it.

ROFLMAO. Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand etc. Signed because they loved the club, nothing at all to do with the money, or the massive fees being paid for them. Oh no.

Man U were football mercenaries with a bigger budget than anyone for years before Abramovic or the Man City Arabs came along. They are just griping about the fact that they no longer have things their own way when it comes to being the biggest spenders. At least City actually have some proper fans in Manchester, not just Surrey and Malaysia.

Aye, i see your point but you could say that about most teams at the top. But Man Utd built their powerhold and spending power on years of success and excellent management. Players who started their dominance such as Robson, Schmeical, Neville, Giggs, Beckham etc cost peanuts compared to some of the sums that Man City have spent on average players like Barry.
Man City is just a toy, as is Chelsea.

Do proper fans only come from the same place as the club? Does that mean that I am not a proper County fan even though I attend 50% of the away schedule , bearing in mind I live about 300 miles away from Dingwall and have followed County for 20 years?

SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(04-19-2012, 11:52 AM)staggie34 Wrote:

But Man Utd built their powerhold and spending power on years of success and excellent management. Players who started their dominance such as Robson, Schmeical, Neville, Giggs, Beckham etc cost peanuts compared to some of the sums that Man City have spent on average players like Barry.

LOL. The prices paid for Robson and all the others bought during this era were at the equivalent rate that Man City are paying now (Robson - £1.5 million, a then UK record). Just that football inflation has intervened. Man U built their success on years of having more money than everyone else.

(04-19-2012, 11:52 AM)staggie34 Wrote:

Aye, i see your point but you could say that about most teams at the top. But Man Utd built their powerhold and spending power on years of success and excellent management. Players who started their dominance such as Robson, Schmeical, Neville, Giggs, Beckham etc cost peanuts compared to some of the sums that Man City have spent on average players like Barry.
Man City is just a toy, as is Chelsea.

Do proper fans only come from the same place as the club? Does that mean that I am not a proper County fan even though I attend 50% of the away schedule , bearing in mind I live about 300 miles away from Dingwall and have followed County for 20 years?

I think he's just talking about the glory hunters who probably couldn't point to Manchester on the map let alone actually go to a game! Whereas you couldn't have known where this love affair with County would end up.....A Scottish cup final and the SPLBig Grin

I thought it would probably go as far as Shieldfield Park, Berwick on a cold, wet Saturday afternoon!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

I think city will win it. man u do have the most of experience however i do for some reason think that city will win on goal difference.

Tevez to score winner in derby now what would sir alex say about that

(04-24-2012, 06:37 PM)staggie1993 Wrote: Tevez to score winner in derby now what would sir alex say about that

He would moan about the referee in order to intimidate future referees, as he has done all his career.

I see that Fergie is geeing up Sparky to try and do him a favour after his team have pretty much blown it!!

Well done City. Remarkable end to the season.

Taggart, GIRUY.

#1_staggie, Five Minutes from the Ground, Mokwa, PhilB_MCFC, staggie1993

Good call.

Fantastic day, Box office entertainment.
Highlander29