Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queen of the South - 20th August
The best way to get over a heavy defeat is to bounce back in the very next game. That game is this Saturday against Queen of the South in Dingwall.

So how does everyone feel about this game ?

Queens have had a similar start to ourselves, in that they have had a draw and a defeat.

Is it too early to say it's a "Must win" match ?

Obviously it would be good to get the first win of the league season, simply to get points on the board, but also to give players a confidence boost.

I for one think that we will get the first win.

(08-16-2011, 09:30 AM)thejailender Wrote: The best way to get over a heavy defeat is to bounce back in the very next game. That game is this Saturday against Queen of the South in Dingwall.

So how does everyone feel about this game ?

Queens have had a similar start to ourselves, in that they have had a draw and a defeat.

Is it too early to say it's a "Must win" match ?

Obviously it would be good to get the first win of the league season, simply to get points on the board, but also to give players a confidence boost.

I for one think that we will get the first win.

I think that we will win, 2-0

I' ve seen Byrne for short periods of time at home so I'd like to see him start after what fans have said about him in the Hamilton game

First game of the season for me, so i'll be positive and say were going to get a win. From what ive heard about the other games though would like to see Byrne get the start, Maybe drop Steven Craig for him, not that ive got anything against Craig its just he's yet to score this season.
"it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"
Muhammed Ali

Of course its a must win match.

Against a club who are in poor financial condition and are expected to be in the relegation battle. We must win.

On the back of last weeks result to restore confidence and not to be seen as an easy touch. We must win.

For the players to restore their credibility after an extremely poor start to the season. We must win.

For the manager to restore his credibility after an extremely poor start to the season. We must win.

Nobody should be under any illusions the attitude must be right from the kick off. We need to boss this game.

home win

it's a really must win game...we have only to win and that's all...loosing point can be really dangerous..I hope the players will send a message to other teams...we are not so poor team to concede 5 goals to hamilton.....

We just need to win this and start to build confidence.

Let's hope Colin Mc can score against his home team and Boyd needs to be brought back as he will hopefully steady the defence. I would love to see Byrne start.

In my opinion, I would start with Malin and drop Fraser. I would be surprised as most keepers who loss 5 should be dropped. If Adams doesn't drop Fraser, it gives Malin the query does the manager rate me/what am I meant to do to get a change.

Would love 2-1 County (Colin Mc x2)
twitter: @michaelmarley27

(08-16-2011, 05:14 PM)theythinkitsallover Wrote: In my opinion, I would start with Malin and drop Fraser. I would be surprised as most keepers who loss 5 should be dropped. If Adams doesn't drop Fraser, it gives Malin the query does the manager rate me/what am I meant to do to get a change.

Why on Earth should Adams drop Fraser? According to Fyrish's match report, Fraser was only partially culpable for the first Hamilton goal, with defensive incompetence clearly being the main reason for the humping. The Malin situation has been debated ad nauseum on here for years, but the simple fact is he is not good enough to be a first choice 'keeper at this level.

(08-16-2011, 05:14 PM)theythinkitsallover Wrote: it gives Malin the query does the manager rate me/what am I meant to do to get a change.

He's not good enough to be a first division no.1

Considering this is his 7th season and his 8th manager, i think its clear the managers agree...

0 - 0 written all over it. Hope i am wrong.

Well I presume Flynn will be suspended, so Boyd will start.
Would like to see Byrne make his first start.

According to MFR Duncan has a thigh knock and that's why he has been out.

We are only 2 games in for goodness sake, I hope the crowd will get behind the team, it might work wonders...

Was at the game on Saturday, and have to agree that Fraser wasn't to blame for the goals I saw. On top of that, I don't rate Malin as a Div.1 keeper so I'd keep Fraser in.

I would drop Morrison if Fitzpatrick is fit, however. The defence didn't play well as a whole on Saturday, but I personally thought Morrison had an absolute shocker. Apart from Ketts and Gardyne, the midfield looked sluggish and were never on top, and Steven Craig was pretty poor also. McMen and Byrne up front please.

I'd take the shiteiest 1-0 win known to man on Saturday. Anything as long as we take the 3 points.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Byrne deserves a start. Hopefully we can sneak this.

Please, stop saying "Give Malin a chance". He's too wee and easily bullied to be a Division 1 keeper. He'll hang on for as long as he can before Elgin or a Highland League team take him onto their books. Fair play to the lad for sticking about, but no manager has ever given him an extended run in the team and when he has come in he's looked pretty shaky (the game against St Johnstone in the cup springs to mind, as he looked terrified everytime Deuchar got near him).

I'd like Curtain Burns to start. Think he's shown enough to warrant a chance at the very least over Stevie Craig. Other than that, there isn't a huge amount of tinkering we can do to the team. Options out wide and up front are really all to similar to make a huge difference.

Where's Homer these days?

Must no lose game for me rather than must win.

Lets get behind the team for the full 90 mins.

Byrne must start. Corcoran should start. Malin must not start. Morrison must not start if Fitzpatrick is fit.

Turgid, boring pish for 90 minutes but a home win.

County need a good performance here, would accept a draw if they play well. It is not a 'must win' at this stage of the season. Many more twist & turns yet. I dont think we will win the league, but a 4th placed finish would be an improvement on last season. I cant believe how many fans were sucked into to the 'County Champions' press propoganda. The team is not perfect, Adams is still learning, but we need to improve and the squad need to get fit!

This could be a sore one. Fingers crossed staggies.
Highlander29

Surely we can get a win this week. As everyone else is saying, it will pick up the team. However i can see it as 0-0 once again.