Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
QoS Away - 5 May 2012
Is there anybody able to give my son and I a lift to the game from Edinburgh? We're flying up on Friday night for the game as it falls on or around both our birthdays. Will go by train to Dumfries if need be but would definitely prefer the company and banter of fellow Staggies instead.

Will quite happily pay for petrol and a few pints.
"When the season began, Ross County struggled to beat Morton at home. And now, on this historic day, it is us mere mortals struggling to find words to describe their brilliance. Celtic, meanwhile, just struggled and were simply blown away."

I'll be going via train from Haydon Bridge to Carlisle then onto Dumfries. That doesn't help your travel plans but a I met a few staggies at Calisle last time and the craick was canny. Also use the Weatherspoons and QoS Supporters Bar at Palmerston as pre-match waterholes.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Dress code for this game should be fancy dress, it would be good to see a big away support for this game as it will be our last in the 1st Division.

Hope there's a decent crowd for this, its a hell of a trek but would be great to give the guys a decent send-off, may be the last time we see some of them..

Planning a weekend in Glasgow (Monday is the May bank holiday), probably use the train if prices are decent.

Fancy dress is a great idea, we need the full array of Mankinis and Morphsuits as well as other old Stag do and Hallloween costumes on show!

Fancy dress is a good idea.

Fancy dress is a good idea! I'm sure I could squeeze into the morphsuit!

I'm sure I can find a beer bottle outfit....

I'm going as Ron Burgundy. I just need to find some essential items such as a burgundy suit and a fake 'tache.

Up for the fancy dress. Any chance there will be a bus going? Could have 6-8 with us.
AngelAngel

(04-08-2012, 06:59 PM)StaggieNoName Wrote: Up for the fancy dress. Any chance there will be a bus going? Could have 6-8 with us.

I'd imagine there will be a bus going down.

If anyone is getting the train in I'll be on the 1022 from Newcastle (getting on at Haydon Bridge), arriving at Carlisle at 1157. Then getting the 1220 to Dumfries. Will leave Dumfries on 1756 to Newcastle (off at Haydon Bridge).

If there are any other Staggies on those trains, please say hello!
Will be straight down to The Robert The Bruce (Wetherspoons) in Dumfries, then onto the Supporters Club at Palmerston which is always very welcoming.

re Fancy Dress: I tried to get my mate to lend me his Sunderland shirt but then thought better of it.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(04-08-2012, 12:29 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I'm going as Ron Burgundy. I just need to find some essential items such as a burgundy suit and a fake 'tache.

That is quality, have you got the news team to go with it though? Big Grin

I have 2 Staggies coming up and 2 ground hoppers potentially from Crewe & Nantwich

I hope they try get a bus down to this match I know a couple of mates that would go down.

http://www.fancydressoutlet.co.uk/images...-31329.jpg

Who's keen for this?

Already planned my outfit, would be great to see a flock of sheep turn up

Those of you in sheep outfits will have to be wary...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8336485.stm